1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see they're doing what they did with the Jungle Hunter and including a half-open mouth with this one (from the scene where he looks at Harrigan after breaking his gun and roars with only the upper mandibles open). Looks like we're getting a bust for the closed mouth?

The trophies are cool, but making every single one of them without a proper place to put them all? I assume they'll each have their own stands, but without being integrated into the statue, it feels like a lot of production money going into unnecessary things.

The battle-damaged gimmicks (if they make more) could be fun and might be better-suited for this pose, but they won't make this a must-own.

Base is also not nearly as interesting as the Jungle Hunter's, nor as intricate. I hope the price reflects this.

I'll stick with the 1/4 version. It's frustrating that they didn't include leather cording with it, but a trip to the craft store is cheaper than this 1/3.

It was implied they will have their own stands - guess we'll see.

I think they will have 3 versions of this - STD, EX and ULTRA (or whatever they call them) and at least ONE bust was shown.

I also agree that the 1:4 is a much better overall buy (but still prefer the Infinity Studios one to the PRIME1 version).

PS: Why the name change bud? - confused the heck out of me for a couple of posts (not that it takes much to confuse me).

Who's getting this?

Apparently all are sold out - ESPECIALLY the busts - even though they haven't announced edition size.

But - heck - if it worked for them on the Jungle Hunter
icon_wink.gif
09_-_Bolt.gif

PS: Why the name change bud? - confused the heck out of me for a couple of posts (not that it takes much to confuse me).
Came up with my old name back in junior high. I was never even a big Blade fan, kept getting confused for one. :lol

Who's getting this?
You never know if those mystery buyers will come out of the woodwork (the same ones who supposedly bought out the $900 busts), but I don't see this being as great a success as the Jungle Hunter.

Hmmm, I've been looking forward to this one, but I'm torn. The details and overall shape etc look great. But the pose does absolutely nothing for me. I'm not indifferent to it, I actually don't like it. I'm not sure why you'd go to such effort to create something like this, only to place it into a constipated looking twisted half squat. I was really hoping they would have altered the pose after the initial reveal, shame. The base is way more simple than the JH however, maybe the price will be lower.

On the plus side, it looks like busts may be included with this, as is a decent mix of facial expressions which is nice. Also the mask looks really good from what we've seen! Finally...

So I don't know, this should be my grail, but I'm just not blown away and it's entirely due to the pose. On one hand I'm happy to not have the desire to drop potentially another $5k on this. On the other, I kind of wanted the 1/3 Big chap, JH and CH to consider ending my big purchases in this hobby. Maybe this one will grow on me, the price might help decide that.

On the plus side, it looks like busts may be included with this, as is a decent mix of facial expressions which is nice.

I take my positive back, I've just seen that the bust and close mouth is seperate, because of course it is. Thanks Prime 1...

Thanks Steve!

(* They didn't show anyone applying the decals :dunno:naughty *)

The Big Chap is done almost entirely with decals as well, but the printed kind. Very fine dot pattern, you have to look painfully (literally) close to see. Well-sealed and it's easily the most intricately painted mass-market Alien collectible ever.

If only Prime 1 were as competent with their Predators...

I actually felt annoyed watching the video of them painting it, knowing full well the production piece will have cheap decals lol.
I truly wonder if it could be classified as false advertising.. Literally showing videos of the pieces being hand painting to then be decaled upon production

The Big Chap is done almost entirely with decals as well, but the printed kind. Very fine dot pattern, you have to look painfully (literally) close to see. Well-sealed and it's easily the most intricately painted mass-market Alien collectible ever.

If only Prime 1 were as competent with their Predators...
I didn't saw the big chap in person but isn't because of the color of the alien the decals are a lot harder to see by default? On a predator piece it would be a lot more noticeable no? Personally I don't like the decals and I hate them on my City hunter. They look cheap and if I am honest Neca 1/4 predator looks better at the paint department.

Been looking at this for hours, if I have one word to describe it: confusing.

The mask, textures and details look fantastic (though it's the prototype, no way production is going to be anywhere near this quality). The surfboard pose sucks, boring base, the concept is confusing and muddy i.e they wanted to replicate the roof top scene with lightning, but also the space ship h2h final battle scene with severed arm. Prime 1's attempt to cram multiple scenes from the movie on this one statue has (imo) backfired. The severed arm look is bizarre given the rest of the body has no bullet wounds/blood (he had already been shot multiple times by the shotgun at this stage), so it's not scene accurate. The wound had also been cauterized before the final fight. It's feels messy and jarring, kind of like the 1/3 dk joker, full of goodies but not really specific to a memorable scene. This pred statue fails to coherently retell a scene from the story.

The trophy skulls are a nice addition, but it'll look cluttered if placed all over the base. Willy's severed head would have been enough. Also has more context since he took out a kingpin drug lord, whereas the alien skull was more of an Easter egg, alien fan teaser, not really relevant to the storyline.

Spear switch out is nice, but swap outs with him holding the smart disc and net gun would have been nice given they are unique weapons to this predator.

A big boy that ironically lacks impact and presence, just doesn't look noisy and menacing enough. Appears to look too stocky as well.

Last edited:
Back