Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I was watching the end I thought that maybe this was supposed to be an alternate universe where Darkseid and Superman take over and soon WB will redo all of this characters, maybe in the new Flash movie, with the standard version of these characters.

You mean you didn’t like Gollum Cyborg who creaked every time he moved?

What about his iconic line? “you should probably move.” The delivery. The emotion. Truly captivating performance only an artistic icon like Snyder could deliver us!

How about the CGI of his body?

Better yet, what about that scrawny gangly twig like body for a comic character who is supposed to be pretty big?

This movie is so trash man.

I liked the movie more that you for sure and actually had no issue with the CGI... But as a character... Yuck. I thought he was way better in the JW version.. I dont remember why.. Maybe just because he was not in it as much.

I mean this kind of felt like his (cyborg) movie.. No wonder he is so pissed at JW.

I mean this kind of felt like his (cyborg) movie.. No wonder he is so pissed at JW.

I thought of that while watching this and interestingly enough did not feel it was Cyborg's movie. Sure he had the most tragic (and possibly poignant) arc but I still came away feeling like it was more of a Batman movie than anything else. Maybe since it was him organizing the team and basically leading the team and giving him the final bookend scene with the new Knightmare and MM.

I mean Cyborg didn't even have a significant scene until like an hour into the movie, lol. If Geoff Johns and whoever else watched the first cut and then really did say "we can't have a movie centered around an angry black man" then they really were nuts. I just saw a guy with a tragic arc that I enjoyed (yep enjoyed) watching on screen. I don't remember liking him at all in the Whedon cut so I guess we're just opposites on this one, lol. ;)

As I was watching the end I thought that maybe this was supposed to be an alternate universe where Darkseid and Superman take over and soon WB will redo all of this characters, maybe in the new Flash movie, with the standard version of these characters.

I was glad that they definitely revealed that sequence to be a dream. If it really was a true "flash forward" sequence then yeah this movie would have felt criminally incomplete which is basically what I was originally expecting.

Regardless of how long ZSJL felt all I know is that when it was nearing it's end I felt kind of bummed because I didn't *want* it to end! I was loving this prolonged journey. Zack finally hit his stride right at the end IMO.

Well the end was the best part.. That Injustice Universe is what I want to see.

I thought of that while watching this and interestingly enough did not feel it was Cyborg's movie. Sure he had the most tragic (and possibly poignant) arc but I still came away feeling like it was more of a Batman movie than anything else. Maybe since it was him organizing the team and basically leading the team and giving him the final bookend scene with the new Knightmare and MM.

I mean Cyborg didn't even have a significant scene until like an hour into the movie, lol. If Geoff Johns and whoever else watched the first cut and then really did say "we can't have a movie centered around an angry black man" then they really were nuts. I just saw a guy with a tragic arc that I enjoyed (yep enjoyed) watching on screen. I don't remember liking him at all in the Whedon cut so I guess we're just opposites on this one, lol. ;)

Hmmmm... Maybe it had something to do with me watching it all in one shot and you splitting it up... It really felt like much of the focus was on Cyborg. Could be that every time he was on screen I just wanted to blow my brains out.. What a dullard.

I liked Jared?s joker in this. He acted more like the joker and wasn?t cringe at all. I still like pheonix joker but Snyder leto joker is now good to me.

No silly tats or stupid grills or pinkish white skin.

But I guess that jesus pic they released weeks back didn?t mean anything

I liked Jared's Joker in SS also.. I hated the look but thought his performance was pretty darn great.. Especially since he had to follow up HL.

But the grill and the Tats... Stupid.

I'm not being an idiot praising the PT as a grand epic and 9/10 movie that rivals Empire Strikes Back. Snyder fanboys are calling this movie a grand epic, 9/10, and it rivals The Dark Knight. Among other laughable comments. It's ok to like bad movies.

Pretty bad logic by you that I can't criticize one film because I like another.

People like what they like man. Most of it is crap. The Dark Knight wasn't really very good. It had some cool looking shots but it wasn't a good movie. It sure as hell wasn't "epic."

This wasn't "epic" either. "Apocalypse Now" is epic. "2001" is epic. All of these new movies are just junk food. But it's still OK to like them.

One of my favorite movies of all time is "Troy"...the director's cut. It's not epic at all, but it pretends to be. I know it's trash, but I still love it.

You're never going to change anyone's minds about what they like or don't like.

So these elements in the all the prequels are fine but not in this film?

Not a defender of this film by any means but from a Prequel lover they are rather amusing complaints to have.

I?m the prequel lover who favors the storyline and political motivation that drives the empire over cgi effects [emoji1787][emoji1787]

To me crappy movies are Ballistic Ecks versus Sever, ****** movies like house of the dead, Uwe Boll is king and when you have a director 360 degree every ****ing actor, jumping in the air and shooting shotguns, everything else is hot ****.

I?m all for them, hell subscribe to Tubi and watch the conjuring rip off universe or the Paranormal activity rip off universe then tell me how ****** a movie really can be [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked Jared?s joker in this. He acted more like the joker and wasn?t cringe at all. I still like pheonix joker but Snyder leto joker is now good to me.

No silly tats or stupid grills or pinkish white skin.

But I guess that jesus pic they released weeks back didn?t mean anything

The reach around line wasn't cringe? His laugh wasn't cringe? His look wasn't cringe? I hated everything about him :lol

One thing that's funny is that I thought I heard way back that Whedon shot the whole Supes fighting the team sequence and I gave him major props for that scary look he gives Flash while Barry is running. But nope that was all Snyder, lol.

I also thought Barry's "okaay..." in response to the team casually talking about the fact that there's a thing called parademons quite funny and assumed that that was Whedon too. Joss really doesn't get credit for *anything* good in this movie does he, lol.

The reach around line wasn't cringe? His laugh wasn't cringe? His look wasn't cringe? I hated everything about him :lol

I love the character but Joker is cringe actually, the only Joker adaptations that it is not cringe is the TDK but Heath Ledger is playing Anarky with a little hint of Joker.

I didn't love everything though. I too was confused about Darkseid seemingly forgetting which planet he lost the mother boxes on and suffered his one true defeat at. That was weird.

And the finale was a lot of fun and it was cool to see Supes show up at the end but I did still find it a tad anticlimactic about how once again he pretty soundly stomped Steppenwolf.

Also I was expecting Darkseid himself to be a lot stronger but I think even Steppenwolf seemed to be more impressive in battle. Darkseid reminded me once again of a LOTR character but this time he seemed more like a glorified Azog the Defiler in that little prologue battle sequence. He certainly was no Thanos.

The visual effect of Lex Luthor soaking in the Kryptonian fluid as Superman died was downright awful and a terrible visual to introduce so early in the film.

That's all I can think of for now. Overall still a lot more to love than not over the massive run time so still an amazing achievement.

Last edited:
Not perfect, but WAY better than the theatrical release! A few conclusions:

1. I believe what Ray Fisher said now, 100%. Cyborg's reduced role in the original plus Whedon's direction and story elements. Either he purposely sabotaged the theatrical release or just didn't know what the hell he was doing. In favor of him not working on any other property ever again.
2. I think Snyder intentionally had a director's cut in mind from the start. He shot so much footage that he knew he could never put into a theatrical release just due to time alone.
3. That epilogue was crazy!
4. I know we may never get one but....I need a sequel!

I didn't love everything though. I too was confused about Darkseid seemingly forgetting which planet he lost the mother boxes on and suffered his one true defeat at. That was weird.

And the finale was a lot of fun and it was cool to see Supes show up at the end but I did still find it a tad anticlimactic about how once again he pretty soundly stomped Steppenwolf.

Also I was expecting Darkseid himself to be a lot stronger but I think even Steppenwolf seemed to be more impressive in battle. Darkseid reminded me once again of a LOTR character but this time he seemed more like a glorified Azog the Defiler in that little prologue battle sequence. He certainly was no Thanos.

The visual effect of Lex Luthor soaking in the Kryptonian fluid as Superman died was downright awful and a terrible visual to introduce so early in the film.

That's all I can think of for now. Overall still a lot more to love than not over the massive run time so still an amazing achievement.

Darkseid didn't forget where the Mother Boxes were, he wouldn't go after them as long as Supes was alive. He did however forget where the Antilife Equation was, but maybe he didn't have enough time to figure it out before he was defeated in the ancient battle. Darkseid seemed a hell of a lot stronger to me, Zeus, Ares, and Artemis soundly handed him his ass. If it was Thanos they would've killed him with the first strike, Steppenwolf seemed more on the same level as Thanos.

Still a bad movie, but now enjoyably bad. Snyder wields cliches like a jedi wields a lightsaber. Now I'll always hear Bulgarian wailing whenever Wonder Woman is onscreen. I also can't forget the Icelandic girl smelling Aquaman's sweater. So cheesy it's brilliant!

Can anyone defend Barry Allen in this film? Dude's motivation for joining was he needed friends. Dude acts like some autistic spaz creep nut job who always ****s up everything he does. Looks nothing like Barry Allen. Seems to be a cosplayer in that ugly ass suit. Right up there with Leto Joker for worst hero I've ever seen on screen.

Can anyone defend Barry Allen in this film? Dude's motivation for joining was he needed friends. Dude acts like some autistic spaz creep nut job who always ****s up everything he does. Looks nothing like Barry Allen. Seems to be a cosplayer in that ugly ass suit. Right up there with Leto Joker for worst hero I've ever seen on screen.

The only way to defend him is that he was a idiot newb and had no clue what he was doing. Both Flash and Cyborg sucked as characters. Hated whiny Cryborg blaming his father for his mother's death and the Flash was a spaz.

I thought Flash's moment with his dad at the end was maybe the only real human moment in the movie. I like Joe Morton but we the audience didn't see much of the son he loved.

I guess it's par for DCCU but I got nothing out of the Batman /Joker interaction. I believe that was thier first scene together (?) and they start off talking about their long history & I'll keeel you. Granted this is the murderingest Batman ever. I didn't download the exposition properly I guess.

Back