Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

Damn it! I missed the bashing of Batman 89.

I love hating on that film :lol

I like watching for nostalgia and the soundtrack is killer. I like Keaton as Bats also... The film is a mess though.

Don?t let difabio here this lol. But yea was never a fan of jacks joker. And now I can?t stop seeing Trump whenever I look at him.

Lol so what? Now every **** movie is gonna have a chance to be redeemed by releasing the cut that wasn?t shown in theaters.

Release the good cut of dark pheonix

Release the good cut of last airbender

I'm in. I'd like to add a 5 hour directors cut of Jew Jew's Rise of Skywalker to that list.

Don't be silly, it won't ruin anything, it'll just be an else-worlds version if you don't like it.
I don't like Keaton's Batman, and that never ruined Batman for me.

I was there opening night in 89 as well and it was actually the *Joker* that put me off the most on my first viewing. The trailers made it look like he was going to be a Ledger type Joker and then in the movie he's all silly with the goofy leg kicks and fart sounds, a lot of his antics really took me out of it. I always though Keaton was cool though.

Bingo!

I was like what the hell did Jack just burn that guy straight into a fake looking skeleton lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh please give me a break.

So all of it falls on Whedon.

The executives who mandated the run time because they needed the movie to come out that year so that their bonuses would not be withheld or their own internal civil war drama so none of them should be held accountable only Whedon the hired gun who didn?t give himself the job they had to hire him.

How about Afflecks drug addiction and public relations problems was that also Whedons fault.

So the Sadffleck meme is Whedons fault.

Cavil difficult onset behavior also Whedons fault.

How about the BvS debacle NOT JL BUT BvS which lead to more internal problems between Snyder production company and WB way BEFORE Whedon involvement is that also Whedons fault.

How about box office diminishing returns starting with MOS, Whedons fault.

How about the MOS THIS IS NOT MY SUPERMAN movement is that also Whedons fault.

Snyder daughter suicide, are you saying that is Whedons fault.

Here let me tell WHAT IS Whedons fault he made Avengers which still holds up to this day WITHOUT the need for a 4 hour directors cut.

YES did Whedons soap box liberal lecturing on proper female etiquette hypocrisy come and bite him in the ass it sure did and i?m glad it did so that it can teach him to either practice what he preaches or STFU. He would have made a great mega church pastor though at least there it would be forgiven with more ATM deposits at the door. Oh look did I just point out that hypocrisy exists on both ideological spectrums oops my bad.

I am just as excited for the Snyder cut as everyone else but less so now if its a silly 6 episode show that can?t even be binged, so stupid I thought IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THIS BIG EPIC MASTERPIECE that one can?t stop watching once it starts!

But NO it was NOT Whedon who ruined Snyders GRAND DCEU VISION.

It WAS SNYDER HIMSELF AND THE WB EXECUTIVES WHO HIRED WHEDON WHO RUINED SNYDERS GRAND VISION!

Yes that?s right so ONCE AGAIN WB is messing with Snyders vision for JL and the DCEU because subscription to HBOMAX 6 weeks requirement is what is dictating their vision of his cut and NOT his passion for an epic 4 hour straight on masterpiece. You know because Nolan wants Tenet to be broken into 6 episodes on tv and not a cinematic event.

Or are you now going to claim that Whedon is in charge of HBOMAX lol

Any reason to think that the Snyder Cut is going to be better? Its not like BvS extended cut was all that great.. In fact a lot of the extra footage was people watching TV :lol

I mean it could be better then Whedon's version if for no other reason then the color timing will improve the look of the film.

Also I did not know they were splitting this film up to make it a Weekly show.. That's stupid and ruins my excitement... Guess I will wait for all of it to get released and then get HBO so I can binge it.. Stupid idea. WB and their Handling of the DCU has really been a cluster ****.

Don?t let difabio here this lol. But yea was never a fan of jacks joker. And now I can?t stop seeing Trump whenever I look at him.

I think he already knows how I feel about it.. I am usually nicer about the film when he is around.

I don't like bashing on a film that someone loves when discussing the film.

I think I unloaded once on this film.. But it has its fans so I really don't do it much.

Bingo!

I was like what the hell did Jack just burn that guy straight into a fake looking skeleton lol

Thought everyone loved Jack Joker, glad I'm not alone.

I was fine with Keaton, but the batsuit was so rigid, it made the fight scenes so slow and laborious.

I actually liked the sequel much more. Mostly because I liked looking at Pfeiffer's Catwoman.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Its all about the black superman suit for me......bring it on!!!!

$30 Million is a drop in the bucket for Warner Bros at this point. Considering their rushing out a JLA movie before proper standalones probably cost them hundreds of millions in the long run. Half-assing it is never the way to go.

If anyone wants to know pretty much how this film will (probably) go down, this guy breaks it down nicely. I think the film will feel a lot more cohesive and just generally make more sense with a lot of the scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAVzxHwVmZQ

If this is it, it?s more structured, but not very different, so people are gonna be disappointed :(

This is nothing but a win for WB and HBO. They are delivering an exclusive 300m budget movie to HBO max for only 30m.

Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

This is nothing but a win for WB and HBO. They are delivering an exclusive 300m budget movie to HBO max for only 30m.

No....they are delivering an exclusive 300m budget movie FOR 300m!

Who do you think paid for the other 270m, Disney lol

You know whats an even bigger win.

Disney put up the MCU and SW on Disney + AS THEY WERE without the need to spend an additional 30 million on each of those 34 movies PLUS the Mandalorian, that?s a win.

Imagine if Disney had to spend an additional 30 million for each:

23 MCU movies
9 Skywalker Saga movies
RO
Solo (especially Solo lol)

Before putting them up on D+

I bet WB still needs to turn a profit on JL to begin with.

You and I have a different understanding of WINNING lol

Last edited:

Why would that statue be in high demand? Snyder filmed Cavill in the blue and Red suit, unless they're altering/changing the color in post production.

We don’t know if they will show him wearing the suit or not, but it will at least be shown in the film. I’m not sure why they would’ve taken photos of Cavill actually wearing the suit if that wasn’t the initial plan though. We shall see....

If this is it, it?s more structured, but not very different, so people are gonna be disappointed :(

I don’t know what else you could’ve been expecting? They aren’t re-shooting half the movie or anything.

It's a win because they have exclusive content which has heaps of media attention and buzz being put up on their new streaming service for a $20m to $30m new budget. It's going to have movie stars in it, garner them a lot of fan good will (not from you Jye, you ain't a fan haha) and you can bet a lot of DC fans are going to sign up to HBO max just for this content.

In this rubbish time where nothing is getting made movie / streaming wise, they have a project where a lot of the principle photography has already been shot so they can get cracking with assembly and post and hopefully pick up with some re-shoots once the pandemic is over and lockdowns / restrictions lifted. They need a Mandalorian and this is the quickest and cheapest way for them to get one.

In the future people will be like hey do you remember that non-canon whedon cut of JL... yeh that was weird.

It's a win because they have exclusive content which has heaps of media attention and buzz being put up on their new streaming service for a $20m to $30m new budget. It's going to have movie stars in it, garner them a lot of fan good will (not from you Jye, you ain't a fan haha) and you can bet a lot of DC fans are going to sign up to HBO max just for this content.

In this rubbish time where nothing is getting made movie / streaming wise, they have a project where a lot of the principle photography has already been shot so they can get cracking with assembly and post and hopefully pick up with some re-shoots once the pandemic is over and lockdowns / restrictions lifted. They need a Mandalorian and this is the quickest and cheapest way for them to get one.

In the future people will be like hey do you remember that non-canon whedon cut of JL... yeh that was weird.

It's a win right now because it's as you've said, there's little new content out there to get excited about. But if it's only marginally better than the theatrical cut (in critics & the general public's eyes - fans have already made up their minds), then it will go the way of Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey. Future people will be like, "Do you remember the streaming release of the Zack Snyder cut of that JL movie 4 years after the first one bombed? You know, the one that was the sequel to his critically panned BvS movie? What a colossal waste of time."

Also, this is a one-and-done, desperate Hail Mary project. Comparing it to The Mandalorian is tantamount to blasphemy! :lol

Zack Snyder's Justice League coming in 2021

It's a win right now because it's as you've said, there's little new content out there to get excited about. But if it's only marginally better than the theatrical cut (in critics & the general public's eyes - fans have already made up their minds), then it will go the way of Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey. Future people will be like, "Do you remember the streaming release of the Zack Snyder cut of that JL movie 4 years after the first one bombed? You know, the one that was the sequel to his critically panned BvS movie? What a colossal waste of time."

Also, this is a one-and-done, desperate Hail Mary project. Comparing it to The Mandalorian is tantamount to blasphemy! :lol

Why so savage lol

Last edited:

I didnt realize how much marvel fans liked josh whedon, he basically got ran out of town by feige after age of ultron. The only thing he has done since that is the hackjob on justice league. He was dropped from all other film projects after that (namely batgirl). He hasnt done jack **** sense, if he is so great why did both marvel and dc dump him. I do agree it wasnt all his fault, warner was run by a bunch of reactionary morons back then, but with Jim Lee serving as the new president things are going to change rapidly. There is no way this cut would have seen the light of day if the old leadership was still in charge, but all got ****canned now zack is back. BVS uncut version is a much better (its just a bit long) movie than the disjointed mess that was the theatrical version, which was chopped to pieces by those former big wigs. None of this was zacks fault, they hired him based of a vision and his 4 film arc, the got happy feet when a very loud vocal few people were freaking out over superman snaping zods kneck. And the comparison to the 911 destruction and dumb **** like superman destroyed the city, eventhough avengers movies did the same thing and that destruction was actually in new york. From that point on it was all reactionary studio interfence, hiring whedon was a last ditch effort in their minds to save the franchise with his marvel good will. Problem is whedon had no marvel goodwill because his last marvel movie was terrible which led to him getting axed. He just came in did a hack job for warner and bailed but that job was so bad they fired him from batgirl and he hasnt done a movie since for any studio

Why so savage lol

I didn't mean to be, I was just saying this could just as easily go wrong. If it's great I'll be perfectly fine with it - it's not as if I'm not a fan of the characters. But let's be realistic - Snyder's vision wasn't exactly universally praised in MoS or BvS, so it's a big ask to expect everyone to change their minds now.

I didnt realize how much marvel fans liked josh whedon, he basically got ran out of town by feige after age of ultron. The only thing he has done since that is the hackjob on justice league. He was dropped from all other film projects after that (namely batgirl). He hasnt done jack **** sense, if he is so great why did both marvel and dc dump him. I do agree it wasnt all his fault, warner was run by a bunch of reactionary morons back then, but with Jim Lee serving as the new president things are going to change rapidly. There is no way this cut would have seen the light of day if the old leadership was still in charge, but all got ****canned now zack is back. Remember bvs uncut version is a great movie, the theatrical version was chopped to pieces by those former big wigs. None of this was zacks fault, they hired him based of a vision and his 4 film arc, the got happy feet when a very loud vocal few people were freaking out over superman snaping zods kneck. And the comparison to the 911 destruction and dumb **** like superman destroyed the city, eventhough avengers movies did the same thing and that destruction was actually in new york. From that point on it was all reactionary studio interfence, hiring whedon was a last ditch effort in their minds to save the franchise with his marvel good will. Problem is whedon had no marvel goodwill because his last marvel movie was terrible which led to him getting axed. He just came in did a hack job for warner and bailed but that job was so bad they fired him from batgirl and he hasnt done a movie sense for any studio

Well, as it should be obvious from my user name, I was a fan of JW's work long before he did Avengers. And my interpretation of his departure from the MCU after Age Of Ultron was due to burnout & frustration over Feige and others looking over his shoulder. And AoU being terrible is your opinion; I think it holds up quite well as both a stand alone film and as a setup for the others that followed. I'll be the first one to admit that his agreeing to take over JL and basically rewrite/reshoot 80% of the movie in only a few months was a colossal mistake on his part, but I'm not entirely convinced he knew at the start the extent of the changes he'd be asked to make. And no doubt WB/DC threw a *****load of cash at him to do it, so that may have been a big factor, as IIRC he was coming off his messy divorce. Regardless, I'm not sure his JL misstep is sufficient justification for viewing him as the directorial equivalent of Judas. :lol

As far as BvS UE, I'll agree it's better than the theatrical release, but IMO it's still far from a "great" movie. And didn't Whedon back out of Batgirl because he basically admitted he couldn't come up with a good story? Sounds like writer's block to me. I don't recall any story indicating he was actually fired.

I dont really like this chick but she covers all the stories written about his departure. He was fired the politically correct way, same way zack was “ he stepped down due to personal reasons and or not being able to come up with a story”. He is a movie director for christ sakes story telling is his life, they just didnt like his story or his work on JL. The first thing Hamada did was fire his ass and start cleaning house of all the big wigs that ****ed up zacks movies. Whedons career is done, anything he does now will be low budget self funded indie projects. And age of ultron is by far the worst avengers movie and arguably one of the worst mcu films, you obviously not a cap fan, the way whedon treats cap and black widow in his movies was a complete joke

https://youtu.be/VvZq3HbR184

I didn't mean to be, I was just saying this could just as easily go wrong. If it's great I'll be perfectly fine with it - it's not as if I'm not a fan of the characters. But let's be realistic - Snyder's vision wasn't exactly universally praised in MoS or BvS, so it's a big ask to expect everyone to change their minds now.

Well, as it should be obvious from my user name, I was a fan of JW's work long before he did Avengers. And my interpretation of his departure from the MCU after Age Of Ultron was due to burnout & frustration over Feige and others looking over his shoulder. And AoU being terrible is your opinion; I think it holds up quite well as both a stand alone film and as a setup for the others that followed. I'll be the first one to admit that his agreeing to take over JL and basically rewrite/reshoot 80% of the movie in only a few months was a colossal mistake on his part, but I'm not entirely convinced he knew at the start the extent of the changes he'd be asked to make. And no doubt WB/DC threw a *****load of cash at him to do it, so that may have been a big factor, as IIRC he was coming off his messy divorce. Regardless, I'm not sure his JL misstep is sufficient justification for viewing him as the directorial equivalent of Judas. :lol

As far as BvS UE, I'll agree it's better than the theatrical release, but IMO it's still far from a "great" movie. And didn't Whedon back out of Batgirl because he basically admitted he couldn't come up with a good story? Sounds like writer's block to me. I don't recall any story indicating he was actually fired.

Avengers remains spectacular with no need for a directors cut.

AOU nowhere as good but not a disaster either as some make it out to be.

Whedon even made up with Feige already lol

The original avengers was great except for how Cap was portrayed and pushed to the side for most of the movie. The guy must have been jealous of chris evens or something maybe he got all the attentions from the xtras on set whedon wanted to bang (hell he even admitted doing this to his xwife.. He was infatuated with Scar Jo but she must not have put out so he wrote her character as damsel in distress for most of avengers 1 and age of ultron. Her arc was anything but memorable in his two movies, i really just remember how good her ass looked, he had plenty of shots framing that ass. He also shoe horned in the love interest with hulk, cause whedon cant have a hot powerful female character without a man or should i saw beast elevating her status or protecting her.. The way she was written by the russos was night and day better, she was actually her own character she kicked ass; her screen time wasnt all just shots of her ass or her waiting to be rescued by one of the male characters mainly hulk

Avengers remains spectacular with no need for a directors cut.

AOU nowhere as good but not a disaster either as some make it out to be.

Whedon even made up with Feige already lol

Yeah for whatever faults AoU had it still made a ton of money, entertained audiences well enough, and advanced the story appropriately for the next phase of the universe to kick in as opposed to being one of the biggest bombs of all time, ending half the principal actors' involvement in the franchise and prompting studio execs to go home and rethink their lives, lol.

hqdefault.jpg

I did not much care for the Avengers. It felt like a made-for-tv movie.

Back