Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished it. I have a lot of nitpicks and to be fair, this is a blockbuster effects-laden film based on comic books, so I can easily pick apart most MCU films too. There are some glaring issues here but in some ways, upon my first impression this along with Wonder Woman, Man of Steel and...well...nothing else immediately comes to mind...seems like the best we're gonna get out of this incarnation of the DCEU, such as it is.

I want to give the movie a C+. I don't regret watching it, but it's popcorn held together with gaffer tape and Christmas lights. :lol

My bullet point first impressions in the spoiler tags below -- I literally jotted these down as I watched the 4 hour flick:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just finished it. I have a lot of nitpicks and to be fair, this is a blockbuster effects-laden film based on comic books, so I can easily pick apart most MCU films too. There are some glaring issues here but in some ways, upon my first impression this along with Wonder Woman, Man of Steel and...well...nothing else immediately comes to mind...seems like the best we're gonna get out of this incarnation of the DCEU, such as it is.

I want to give the movie a C+. I don't regret watching it, but it's popcorn held together with gaffer tape and Christmas lights. :lol

My bullet point first impressions in the spoiler tags below -- I literally jotted these down as I watched the 4 hour flick:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don’t care what people say..but WW is still the standout of this era of DCU films and Jenkins has her hand on the pulse in just two films already overall

Synder is unique..and I’ll leave it at that :)

I don?t care what people say..but WW is still the standout of this era of DCU films and Jenkins has her hand on the pulse in just two films already overall

Synder is unique..and I?ll leave it at that :)

WW1 was pretty solid, the sequel is a big mess. Giving anybody total control is usually a bad thing 99% of the time.

Absolutely 100% he kept emphasizing it..but after seeing the whedon parts, I can?t believe the scenes like Superman beating the crap out of Batfleck and the after effects of Batfleck and the scene with WW wasn?t in Synder?s original formula :(

Another rare that I liked Whedon added was the Aquaman being possessed by the lasso gag. I know it was kind of cheesy overall but at least in showed Momoa?s acting chops and gave Aquaman a personality at the time

Plus I liked when the dude smacked WW in the head with the rifle and then she clocked him

Yeah, while yet to see the Snyder Cut, I can say I'll be sad to see those bits go.

WW1 was pretty solid, the sequel is a big mess. Giving anybody total control is usually a bad thing 99% of the time.

The good thing about that eventhough WW84 was a mess in story .it’s still overall a fun franchise so far and in terms of Jenkins of having full control..she’s not trying too ..in fact they want her to do a third and she hasn’t agreed yet

The good thing about that eventhough WW84 was a mess in story .it’s still overall a fun franchise so far and in terms of Jenkins of having full control..she’s not trying too ..in fact they want her to do a third and she hasn’t agreed yet

That is the rumor, but honestly they might be looking at their options, or negotiating with her to have less 100% control.

I am not interested in a third movie at this point.

Can someone tell me why people online are comparing this to LOTR? Like... am I losing my mind? This isn't anywhere near close to LOTR on any level. Like... I'm the biggest PT fanboy here and you don't see me going around social media saying it is an epic that rivals LOTR :lol

The Whedon character interactions are mostly gone. A few I am happy to see gone, but a lot of the team dynamic/conflict is gone :(

Superman almost has less to do in this movie too, if that is possible.

So disappointing and very surprised believe me..did not expect it at all coming into the Synder Cut

However...

Spoiler Spoiler:
:clap

Can someone tell me why people online are comparing this to LOTR? Like... am I losing my mind? This isn't anywhere near close to LOTR on any level. Like... I'm the biggest PT fanboy here and you don't see me going around social media saying it is an epic that rivals LOTR :lol

Are you serious :lol

Maybe in terms of movie length in time only..LOTR is a masterpiece

The female ( forgot her name ) she was the King’s cousin played by Otto in LOTR had a huge contribution to the films in terms of female character and standout than anything WW did in Synder cut alone . And this has nothing to do with Gal’s performance

And that is just a tidbit comparison how whoever thinks Synder’s JL is compared to LOTR. :slap

Movie is a masterpiece! It saved the dceu for me! Like tros saved the ST for jaws.

Lol just kidding but it was a good movie. I say a solid 8/10. Much better than the crappy other movie and flash is done so well. I actually really liked the joker and want more of that joker instead of cringe 2010s rapper joker.

The cgi tho was at times very bad tho. Cyborg still looked silly. And some scenes were weird. It was like I was watching a music video at times.

The one flash scene where he saved iris was beautiful tho.

Wasn?t a bad movie at all. And I if they hire Snyder again I hope they don?t meddle in his work .

Also steppenwolf was very good. Much better design and voice. Felt bad for him at times.

Movie wasn?t a masterpiece or the savior of cinema like fanboys claim but it was a much better movie than most of the dceu .

So disappointing and very surprised believe me..did not expect it at all coming into the Synder Cut

However...

Spoiler Spoiler:
:clap

I haven't watched the Snyder Cut yet but I can only imagine that

Spoiler Spoiler:

It had the same kinda tone but it?s far from lotr. The cgi is awful sometimes and scenes drag. It has an epic feel but it?s not lotr or any masterpiece. Maybe to a hardcore Snyder fanboy but it?s a good movie

It had the same kinda tone but it?s far from lotr. The cgi is awful sometimes and scenes drag. It has an epic feel but it?s not lotr or any masterpiece. Maybe to a hardcore Snyder fanboy but it?s a good movie

Yes, as previously discussed, maybe you could call it "the LOTR of superhero movies", i.e. similar in scope and grandeur if not story.

I always thought the Snyderverse felt more "epic" than the MCU. Ironically I think it makes the MCU look like HBO.

I haven't watched the Snyder Cut yet but I can only imagine that

Spoiler Spoiler:

Don’t hesitate to watch the Snyder cut..location becomes completely irrelevant..as it should be

I thought the movie was great. Perfect no, like with the score and some scenes needed to be cut down a tad, but I liked it better than Endgame. I feel like justice was served to the former idiot execs, that actually spent a ton more money while there was easily a ZS 2-2.5 movie here. A waste to want this movie "funnier" when they all read and approved the script or he wouldn't of been allowed to film. A lot of great action and got to see way more Steppenwolf, which I felt was badly needed. Will definitely be buying the bluray, which is my way of saying it is a great film. Hope we get to finish the series with enough pressure on WB. Why stop now?

Yes, as previously discussed, maybe you could call it "the LOTR of superhero movies", i.e. similar in scope and grandeur if not story.

I always thought the Snyderverse felt more "epic" than the MCU. Ironically I think it makes the MCU look like HBO.

Yea it had that scope and tone similar to the movies. I got that vibe . I think people are just not being clear . It?s made like lotr but it?s not on par with it

Still there!

Thus far "Zack Snyder?s Justice League Is The Highest IMDB Rated Comic Movie Since ?The Dark Knight"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-movie-since-the-dark-knight/?sh=72fe0393f527

The Dark Knight – 9.0

Zack Snyder’s Justice League – 8.9 (now 8.8 updated at 3:24pm)

Avengers: Endgame – 8.4

Avengers: Infinity War – 8.4

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – 8.4

The Dark Knight Rises – 8.4

Batman Begins – 8.2

Logan – 8.1

Deadpool – 8.0

Guardians of the Galaxy – 8.0

Captain America: Civil War – 8.0

Iron Man - 7.9

Thor Ragnarok – 7.9

Watchmen – 7.6