Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like a lot of the positive reviews are simply praising it for being better than the 2017 version and not necessarily for it being a good movie.

Very nice review.
I loved the closing thoughts:

"Even fans of the genre might consider it a bit much. It owes as much to rock concerts, video games, and multimedia installations as it does to commercial narrative filmmaking. It's maddening. It's monumental. It's art."

Yeah I quite liked that as well, quite partisan in pretty much saying what it draws from, and if you're into that great, if not, you won't like it. Without bordering on what art is, though, the through line that most people agree with is something that is challenging - whether that's the status quo, expectations etc. Snyder's artistic integrity always shines through regardless of criticism. And I'll always take that over a cookie-cutting film that sails through the ages into the realm of forgetability.

I wonder how many Marvel nuts come on here bashing the movie and will not have even seen it :lol

I like both . Always have . I can?t hate one or the other . I was stoked for bvs. I just don?t really like snyders vision but this movie can be good

I like both . Always have . I can?t hate one or the other . I was stoked for bvs. I just don?t really like snyders vision but this movie can be good

Same here. I would have to say I was more of a DC person than a Marvel person, aside from Spidey being my favorite superhero but the MCU really delivered in a way that the DCU hasn't come close to, in my opinion. I grew up with the Superfriends cartoon and the prospect of a proper Justice League, built up over several movies like the MCU did with the Avengers would've been orders of magnitude more awesome than the Avengers. They simply lacked the patience and/or vision to pull it off...again, in my opinion. With all that said, I'm am hopeful that I enjoy Snyder's vision of this film.

Same here. I would have to say I was more of a DC person than a Marvel person, aside from Spidey being my favorite superhero but the MCU really delivered in a way that the DCU hasn't come close to, in my opinion. I grew up with the Superfriends cartoon and the prospect of a proper Justice League, built up over several movies like the MCU did with the Avengers would've been orders of magnitude more awesome than the Avengers. They simply lacked the patience and/or vision to pull it off...again, in my opinion. With all that said, I'm am hopeful that I enjoy Snyder's vision of this film.

Same. In the 90s and early 00s DC dominated the cartoon landscape with shows like Batman , JL , teen Titans and more . I loved the chemistry and character development abd build up to that and it?s a shame that those cartoons got the JL so right but in movie form they rushed into it.

I honestly don?t understand DC. Not even Snyder wanted to rush into it

Same. In the 90s and early 00s DC dominated the cartoon landscape with shows like Batman , JL , teen Titans and more . I loved the chemistry and character development abd build up to that and it?s a shame that those cartoons got the JL so right but in movie form they rushed into it.

I honestly don?t understand DC. Not even Snyder wanted to rush into it

Yes! Those cartoons were so freaking good! The Justice League stuff was really well done...Martian Manhunter was a great character with depth, among others...

In 3 or 4 years I won?t be surprised if Disney buys out DC. I honestly see this happening. Then we are going to have all the superheroes running around in one giant playground and I honestly don?t want that .

I?m cool with a DC vs marvel movie but then living in the same world would suck .

You wouldn?t be surprised if Disney bought DC? I?d be very surprised considering ATT owns DC and has a lot more money than Disney does. It?s more likely that DC would buy Marvel from a purely financial standpoint.

You wouldn?t be surprised if Disney bought DC? I?d be very surprised considering ATT owns DC and has a lot more money than Disney does. It?s more likely that DC would buy Marvel from a purely financial standpoint.

No I wouldn?t cause I think ATT said they don?t see value in some of the characters and WB seems to not give a **** about its characters aside from Batman . If future movies keep losing value I could see WB selling it off.

I mean honestly if they keep going the way they are going with nothing but Batman reboots and movies that are development hell then I see them selling them off.

Marvel is making billions still and growing . DC is still stuck on Batman . So yes I can see them selling off the characters if they keep holding back there potiental

Yikes I just read that the JL movement should be renamed Release the Cyborg Cut!

4 hours of Cyborg can’t wait lol

WB must be like sigh we are trying to get rid of that guy

I'm amazed that the film is actually in a square aspect ratio.

Even if it was intended to be shown in IMAX theaters, at the point they realized it was going to be on HBO MAX, Snyder should've adjusted the aspect ratio.

I really hope this film is the nail in this guy's coffin. He's way too pretentious for his own good.

I'm amazed that the film is actually in a square aspect ratio.

Even if it was intended to be shown in IMAX theaters, at the point they realized it was going to be on HBO MAX, Snyder should've adjusted the aspect ratio.

I really hope this film is the nail in this guy's coffin. He's way too pretentious for his own good.

Get this not just Imax ratio but a forced fake Imax ratio because no Imax cameras were ever used for filming it was done just to fit on an Imax screen minus the details and real immersive experience that comes from 70mm had he used it, but nope so now we have to watch a 4 hour tik tok video oh and same goes for BvS remastered :gah: lol

Get this not just Imax ratio but a forced fake Imax ratio because no Imax cameras were ever used for filming it was done just to fit on an Imax screen minus the details and real immersive experience that comes from 70mm had he used it, but nope so now we have to watch a 4 hour tik tok video oh and same goes for BvS remastered :gah: lol

I'm reading other comments now that it was done to show scale, and people are pulling out quotes from the Russos talking about how Infinity War and Endgame were both filmed the same way, in the larger format, same as JL.

But I'm still like "Yeah, but that was for theaters, where they can change the framing" ... this movie is only being released for home viewing, nobody has a square TV, not even home theater enthusiasts. You can tell HBO was just like "Yeah, do whatever you want, we'll leave you alone, just give us content."

I'm reading other comments now that it was done to show scale, and people are pulling out quotes from the Russos talking about how Infinity War and Endgame were both filmed the same way, in the larger format, same as JL.

But I'm still like "Yeah, but that was for theaters, where they can change the framing" ... this movie is only being released for home viewing, nobody has a square TV, not even home theater enthusiasts. You can tell HBO was just like "Yeah, do whatever you want, we'll leave you alone, just give us content."

They are wrong JL was not filmed in the larger 70mm format though all he did was extend the ratio vertically without any beneficial added depth.

If anything it is the MCU movies that would greatly benefit if Disney would just give us the proper IMAX ratios for home ironic how we get it with Jl when it’s not needed but with the movies that would actually benefit from it we don’t.

But Zach actually brought up in an interview of the WB reaction when he told them what he was doing with the ratio and he was honest about it they said to him why it makes no sense but whatever, you do you, this time out we are not interfering lol

Last edited:
Wait... so it was cropped in?!? So we're basically losing the image on the left and right? We're back to the old pan and scan? :rotfl

Back