Zack Snyder's Justice League

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You just get the good and the bad with Snyder. Take it or leave it. He really does make edgy films and that isn't for everyone. But guess what? He laid it all out for WB execs. Those 12 boards were written out for everyone. Look at what WB mostly does? Dark, edgy movies. Look at Titans. F bombs all over the place with plenty of blood. Oh and that Geoff Johns guy is an exec producer on it. Birds of Prey and Gunn's The Suicide Squad, R-Rated. Look at the next Batman. WB execs just wanted billion dollar box office for each movie. WB overreacted with a mostly filmed JL and they panicked. It's on them, not Snyder. They knew who he was and what he was going to do.

jAjAEDf.gif

Actual footage of Snyder fans attacking critics after a screening. :lol

The way the clips they've shown so far are of varying quality it looks like one of those fan made edits where someone splices deleted scenes and workprint footage in to an existing movie.

You just get the good and the bad with Snyder. Take it or leave it. He really does make edgy films and that isn't for everyone. But guess what? He laid it all out for WB execs. Those 12 boards were written out for everyone. Look at what WB mostly does? Dark, edgy movies. Look at Titans. F bombs all over the place with plenty of blood. Oh and that Geoff Johns guy is an exec producer on it. Birds of Prey and Gunn's The Suicide Squad, R-Rated. Look at the next Batman. WB execs just wanted billion dollar box office for each movie. WB overreacted with a mostly filmed JL and they panicked. It's on them, not Snyder. They knew who he was and what he was going to do.

They do like dark movies but DC isn?t always dark and it shouldn?t be. Yes it can be but it can be fun aswell and fit the marvel routine . It is WB fault . They gave him to much power and then when he wasn?t a good investment they meddled in his films but his following now have him a big head making him out to be an amazing story teller .

But it all boils down to WB being terrible to there characters and thinking they are jokes.

We have gotten two quicksilvers on screen but flash movie has been in development hell for years. But they gave a thumbs up on the teen titans go movie and the 5th Batman reboot .

In 3 or 4 years I won?t be surprised if Disney buys out DC. I honestly see this happening. Then we are going to have all the superheroes running around in one giant playground and I honestly don?t want that .

I?m cool with a DC vs marvel movie but then living in the same world would suck .

Not me i’m super looking forward to a bad ass JL movie especially coming after being dissatisfied with the WV finale.

Don’t forget that BvS remastered premieres on the same day as JL!

https://www.tvguide.com/news/justice-league-snyder-cut-review-four-hours-of-hollow-spectacle-is-better-than-the-theatrical-cut/

A seemingly unbiased review. About what I was expecting - the same basic story framework, much better than the cobbled together 2017 release, but still probably a bit too much Snyder for most people's tastes. The views that it's "sludgily paced" and that watching it all in one sitting is inadvisable are somewhat concerning, but given I can pause it and come back to it as I see fit not deal breakers.

Currently sitting on 74% on rotten tomatoes based on 84 reviews, surprising actually, I thought it'd get a lot lower straight off the bat, a 4 hour behemoth in a box format and in which critics generally don't like DC films but Snyder's in particular. Of course you got the usuals like Little White Lies giving extremely low scores.

15 favorable reviews out of 27 total from "top" critics on RT. Still much better than the first go around. A common critique is that it suffers from not having screen tests and a "true reshoot process" to help edit the fat / strengthen the weak parts, which I suppose makes sense.

Well today is the day I never thought I'd see happen - Peter Bradshaw of the Guardian gave a favourable review. Snyder, you won buh!

Back