1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, what a problem for them to have a popular hit on their hands and choose to annoy fans & customers and not take it to completion.

All they need to do is embrace it, own it and profit from all the free advertising the fans have achieved up until this point.

Sure initially the headlines would read WB relents to fans, but a month later that would all be forgotten and all would be positive to see the next chapter in a couple of years.

Anyway, looking forward to getting this Superman + Knightmare Batman HT set. Would have been nice to get a 1/6 Darkseid to go with the team a few years down the road. But I guess not.

giphy.gif

And therein lies the lunacy: capitalism dictates that you give a customer what they've previously enjoyed. You don't see headlines reading "McDonald's bends to diner's will, sells them more Hamburgers". If customers are seeking more of the same, as a wise business person, you don't say, "nah, I can't capitulate to your unreasonable demands for more of the stuff you like. Take your business elsewhere".
It's why Disney/Marvel's eating their lunch.
They don't look at their customers and say "no". They look at their customers and say, "yeah, we've got truckloads more of that Star Wars and Marvel crap here. Now open your wallets and gimmee..."

WB knows there are a few million diehard restore fans sounds like alot right and it is BUT they are not impressed because what they really want is the money from the other 7 billion non restore fans.

That?s what the restore diehards refuse to accept.

Marvel got non diehard geeks and more importantly regular folks to fork over money.

WB wants some of that regular folks money.

EVEN if there were 25 million restore diehard fans that pales in comparison to 7 billion regular folks money.

WB knows there are a few million diehard restore fans sounds like alot right and it is BUT they are not impressed because what they really want is the money from the other 7 billion non restore fans.

Marvel got non diehard geeks and more importantly regular folks to fork over money.

EVEN if there were 25 million restore diehard fans that pales in comparison to 7 billion regular folks money.

They want the kid money. And if a kid wants to see something, the parents take them. I saw parents take their kids to see bvs, joker, josstice, Wonder Woman, whatever.

They are a reactionary studio, they freaked because of a bunch of fat bloggers and a tomato site said their movies were bad. So instead of standing their ground and going by their ? director driven? motto, they are choosing to copy their competition and make worse movies. MCU has more stinkers than good movies in my opinion, but I?d marathon antman and gotg vol2 for years straight before I watch WW84 again.

Aquaman is the bright billion dollar light. Spectacle and the movie didn't degrade the hero. Had some mystery to it, some adventure. While I like the graphic novel kind of movie, it won't work if you are looking for box office success. People like to come out of the movie positively. Infinity War is the exception cause Marvel earned that. You need more of a JL animated approach that shows what's best about the heroes and challenge them with villains/circumstances. But don't challenge the hero with degrading himself - neck snapping, branding, honest attempts at murdering fellow heroes (and maybe not mentioning he could be raped in prison). Just really too dark, and while Batman is dark, there is a way to approach him as closed off, but clever and innovative. Snyder's Batman wasn't as clever as I like to have him, although Affleck played the best BW IMO. Also, maybe pass on the dark film filters too.

Well it's a pity WB did ZERO marketing for ZSJL then. The WB Youtube account with 9,7 Million subscribers, including exactly those "regular folks", did absolutely NOTHING to market ZSJL. They didn't even drop the trailer there. NOTHING.

"Warner Bros Pictures" has 4,8M Twitter followers, "Warner Bros" has 2,3M Twitter followers. There are a few other accounts which I didn't even look at. Try and find anything relating to Zack Snyders Justice League on those to use that 7M+ leverage to get to the normal public. ZERO

Like I say, rather than fight against it, use the positive fan buzz to help you (and your significant social media) to spread the word and they would have a hit on their hands bigger than WW84 or pretty much as big as anything they currently have. It got global attention even without WB.

If it had bombed on HBOMax don't you think they would have shown the numbers by now. They seem to revel in bringing it down.

As for kid money. I get that. But look at R-rated Joker, Deadpool etc.

I mean it's their biggest IP. Batman, Superman, WW etc for F's sake ! All in a parallel universe to the other stuff they have.

They are a reactionary studio, they freaked because of a bunch of fat bloggers and a tomato site said their movies were bad.

No, they freaked out because BVS had one of the steepest week 2 drops in all of superhero movie history. Had BVS gotten bad reviews but still broken a billion, they would've continued working with Snyder's plan.

Yeah, a HT Darkseid from this is a total grail figure.

He'd look so good next to the full Justice League lineup. I'm sure Hot Toys could have easily used the Thanos Body maybe with some ankle extenders, and lightup eye tech from their Superman perhaps ??

Oh well. Pipe dream I know.

I do think this is basically how AT&T/WB sees it.

They're just bad at pulling it off. Aquaman is about as close as they've come to a successful MCU tone. But best I could see that did well because Southest Asia loved it. It was Asia that got it to $1B. Maybe due to their love of kaiju, it's bright colors, a Polynesian lead actor, and an Asian director?

I do think this is basically how AT&T/WB sees it.

They're just bad at pulling it off. Aquaman is about as close as they've come to a successful MCU tone. But best I could see that did well because Southest Asia loved it. It was Asia that got it to $1B. Maybe due to their love of kaiju, it's bright colors, a Polynesian lead actor, and an Asian director?

Plus egos were hurt.

Grudges were formed.

Retaliation is the next obvious step.

I’m sure those things take place at Disney as well but Disney loves money too much to give af lol

Plus egos were hurt.

Grudges were formed.

Retaliation is the next obvious step.

I’m sure those things take place at Disney as well but Disney loves money too much to give af lol

Yep a bloody kindergarten !

And meanwhile millions of dollars are missed out on, fanbase is p#ssed off and WB are made to look like fools.

Same story with Ray Fisher to be honest. If they simply worked it out, apologised and moved forward like adults then that would also not have hurt them as much.

I guess they're consistent though. Po the fanbase, po black people. We're WB we're the best, we've got this !

The body, suit & diorama look pretty good but that head sculpt looks nothing like Cavill. I'd order it if I knew the skin tone matched my spare HT sculpts but I'll wait for the HT version to be parted out.

Yeah, thinking the same thing too. Just pop the current HT Superman head on it and keep it displayed until the HT one comes out.
This 3rd party figure will be out a good 1 year earlier than HTs, and thats if HT doesn't have any delays (doubt it).

The body, suit & diorama look pretty good but that head sculpt looks nothing like Cavill. I'd order it if I knew the skin tone matched my spare HT sculpts but I'll wait for the HT version to be parted out.

If it is anything like the red and blue version they previously made, the skin tone should be pretty close to the HT version.

Wondering if they just sell the diorama

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I would only be interested in the diorama base, as well.

Wasn't the first Transcendent Superman figure way too big/tall?

The pics make this one look pinheaded. Not liking the head sculpts, either. If it was cheaper, I would have kept the base and sold off the figure.

Back