1/6 Zack Snyder's Justice League - 1/6th scale Knightmare Batman and Superman Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should absolutely be jarring to Bruce/Batman in a scenario where Clark knows what he's doing - but if there was a deliberate choice by Snyder or the writers to make it jarring to the audience, well, I question the wisdom of that decision and there were certainly easy ways to make sure it wouldn't be.

Well, the thesis is that it’s deliberately controversial so that we’ll discuss and debate it, as indeed we have been doing for the last five years.

My friend, you can fully understand the intent while at the same time finding the execution bizarre. :wink1:

Let me get back to you on that my friend. I will ask my kid if he finds the execution bizarre. :wink1:

:lol No need. I can tell you right now your 7 year old will not find the execution bizarre and there would be nothing unexpected about that.

Shame they aren't selling them separately(yet). My original Knightmare Batman is still in the sealed shipping box so I could always sell that version as this looks identical.

Shame they aren't selling them separately(yet). My original Knightmare Batman is still in the sealed shipping box so I could always sell that version as this looks identical.

Might as well cash in on it. Plus you never know, they might update the two-pack reissue figure with some refinements. I doubt it, but maybe things like giving the faceplate more five o'clock shadow. A more dirtied up darker brown trench coat. Etc.

I completely buy the rationale you guys talk about above and yet no matter how many times I watch it it comes across as jarring. There's gotta be a reason for this. As I said recently somewhere else it just needed more setup to make it come across more natural in the moment - or merely a slight dialogue change in the moment. The way it is in the movie it's not clear that Superman knows what he's doing when he references his mother by her name as opposed to calling her ''my mother'' as would be more normal when talking about his mother - who isn't present - to a third party who isn't going to know who the hell he's talking about when he just says ''Martha''. Whereas if there had been a previous indication that Clark, in his research of Bruce Wayne, learned of the fact that Bruce's mother was also named Martha and figuratively filed that information in his back pocket. Then it would be clear that referring to his own mother as Martha in that particular moment was a strategy as opposed to something completely out of the ordinary that he luckily happens to say that strikes the necessary chord with Batman.

Alternatively, happenstance could still have worked fine as long as the right dialogue is used - such as ''you're letting him kill my mother - save her....Martha''

I can agree with this to an extent, that it wasn’t demonstrably clear that Superman knew what he was doing by saying “Martha.” Presuming you’ve seen the UE though, if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t there a scene that showed Clark at his desk at the DP looking into Bruce Wayne’s past and it showed him reading an article about his parents’ murder? I seem to recall a scene like this briefly shown in the film, so I always presumed this is how Superman knew what he was doing when he said “save Martha.”

I may be incorrect as it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the film, but I seem to vaguely recall a scene like that. At the very least though, he was shown in the UE doing some serious investigating into the Batman and his first words before their fight was “Bruce, please. I was wrong.” So since this indicated he at some point became privy of his identity, to me it’s reasonable to presume that he read about Bruce’s dark past being that he knew BW was Batman, and he was doing research on Batman.

I can agree with this to an extent, that it wasn’t demonstrably clear that Superman knew what he was doing by saying “Martha.” Presuming you’ve seen the UE though, if I’m not mistaken, wasn’t there a scene that showed Clark at his desk at the DP looking into Bruce Wayne’s past and it showed him reading an article about his parents’ murder? I seem to recall a scene like this briefly shown in the film, so I always presumed this is how Superman knew what he was doing when he said “save Martha.”

I may be incorrect as it’s been awhile since I’ve seen the film, but I seem to vaguely recall a scene like that. At the very least though, he was shown in the UE doing some serious investigating into the Batman and his first words before their fight was “Bruce, please. I was wrong.” So since this indicated he at some point became privy of his identity, to me it’s reasonable to presume that he read about Bruce’s dark past being that he knew BW was Batman, and he was doing research on Batman.

There's a behind the scenes BvS photo still that Snyder released on Vero with Zack and cinematoghapher Larry Fong standing behind Henry Cavill as Clark. Clark is sitting at his desk in his apartment with his laptop open. The scene never made it into the film, it's evidently part of the four hour assembly cut. That's a possible scene of Clark researching Bruce Wayne. But otherwise there's a scene of Clark reading about 'the Bat of Gotham' at the Daily Planet.

There's a behind the scenes BvS photo still that Snyder released on Vero with Zack and cinematoghapher Larry Fong standing behind Henry Cavill as Clark. Clark is sitting at his desk in his apartment with his laptop open. The scene never made it into the film, it's evidently part of the four hour assembly cut. That's a possible scene of Clark researching Bruce Wayne. But otherwise there's a scene of Clark reading about 'the Bat of Gotham' at the Daily Planet.

You know BvS felt like it has alot of scenes missing to me. It?s very possible it?s a JL situation.

They never really addressed Bats kill streak which was referenced as being new. We didn?t get enough Superman investigating. If they made it clearer he knew Bruce?s mother?s name it may have gone down better.

If we understood any of Lexs plans better, or why he knew how to make Doomsday or anything.

I love the movie but there were a lot plot plot issues/gaps

You know BvS felt like it has alot of scenes missing to me. It?s very possible it?s a JL situation.

They never really addressed Bats kill streak which was referenced as being new. We didn?t get enough Superman investigating. If they made it clearer he knew Bruce?s mother?s name it may have gone down better.

If we understood any of Lexs plans better, or why he knew how to make Doomsday or anything.

I love the movie but there were a lot plot plot issues/gaps

Yeah, although I wonder if BvS also has a bit of a noir-ish flavor baked in what with Batman traditionally being renowned as the World’s Greatest Detective. In BvS a lot of boxes can be checked for noir conventions, actually. With noir, plots are deliberately convoluted with lots of strange twists, and plot-wise things never actually getting resolved. This is to emphasize the real life problem that things so often aren’t clear and easy to make sense of. That issue at the heart of noir expresses the dilemma of postmodernism as well. I mean I know that’s a wonky take. But Chris Terrio did write the script and I have zero doubt that he has that type of understanding.

Anyway, I think BvS purposely makes the viewer work a bit to fill in gaps, connect dots, infer, surmise... which not for nothing is pretty much what we’re required to do irl (which belongs to the movie’s deconstructionism)... as Batman says “the world only makes sense when you force it to”... And this in turn is why we discuss and debate what things mean in the film. It’s a more interactive style of cinema.

I've just pre-ordered these, it will be my first Hot Toys I used to have some 1/4th scale Sideshow statues before.
I've only got one question to the more experienced guys here. What do you think, will they bother to upgrade Batman's coat to look more movie accurate, Superman's hairline and nose? Or this will be just a simple re-issue of the Knightmare Batman and BvS Superman with the suit painted black?

I've just pre-ordered these, it will be my first Hot Toys I used to have some 1/4th scale Sideshow statues before.
I've only got one question to the more experienced guys here. What do you think, will they bother to upgrade Batman's coat to look more movie accurate, Superman's hairline and nose? Or this will be just a simple re-issue of the Knightmare Batman and BvS Superman with the suit painted black?

Who knows, but I?m sure they will reuse the same coat. I?d jump on the daftoys set.

What I’m expecting is just a reissue of Knightmare Batman and a reissue of JL Superman with a repainted suit. Unfortunately it looks like WB and AT&T are shutting down the Snyderverse in order to take the DC characters in a new direction. We’ll get confirmation of that today with AT&T’s investors conference call today. They won’t reveal the number of views for ZSJL and any report of new HBO Max subscriptions for Q1 will obfuscate how much ZSJL contributed since GvK opened the last day of March. I.e., they’ll attribute new subs to GvK. But anyway, when you add everything up the communication is crystal clear. If they had even an inkling to make JL 2 and 3 they’d be behaving radically differently.

So hopefully we’ll still get Cyborg. But with the Snyderverse ending I don’t expect any more figures from ZSJL. Just keeping it real.

Snyderverse is not over yet Affleck Batman is in Flash for crying out loud lol as are Iris and a few other surprises I bet from the Snyderverse

Hollywood is Hollyweird

Snyderverse is not over yet Affleck Batman is in Flash for crying out loud lol as are Iris and a few other surprises I bet from the Snyderverse

Hollywood is Hollyweird

I think he means anything else coming from Snyder. Also, apparently the flash movie is supposed to erase all that.

What I mean by the Snyderverse ending is the 5 film saga. The vision that Snyder had for the universe he started. WB will keep his characters but take them in different directions. And we’ll see what happens with the Flash movie but I think it will erase the story Zack set up and hoped to finish with JL 2&3. I’ll actually be shocked if that isn’t what they do based on everything we’re seeing from WB.

What I mean by the Snyderverse ending is the 5 film saga. The vision that Snyder had for the universe he started. WB will keep his characters but take them in different directions. And we’ll see what happens with the Flash movie but I think it will erase the story Zack set up and hoped to finish with JL 2&3. I’ll actually be shocked if that isn’t what they do based on everything we’re seeing from WB.

WB suck dogs you know what's !

Yep, well if Snyder Cut subscriptions didn't "move the needle", then they won't feel much when we all dump our memberships.

Godzilla vs Kong was always going to be their play to hide Snyder Cut subscriber numbers. It was clear from day 1 when they put Godzilla vs Kong within a day or two from the Snyder Cut date (or was it the same date ??)

In any case, I'm cancelling my subscription now.

Thing about that article is that during the presentation, att acknowledged that the Snyder cut was of 4 movies that helped gain 3.1 million subscribers. So that article is a little bit ********

Back