Your Favorite "obscure" horror films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of my favorites:

Cemetery Man
From Beyond
All of the Re-animators
Innocent Blood
Nightbreed
Dead Alive

Some classic oldies: Fear no evil, Evilspeak

It takes all kinds of critters to make Farmer Vincent's fritters.

I like the 1990 version of The Pit and the Pendulum. Lance Henriksen was great as Torquemada.

I think I saw this one. Is it the one where there are like 3 escaped prisoners/mental patiants dressed like clowns and they stalk 2 brothers? Also if it's the movie I'm thinking of, didn't the director go to jail for molesting one of the actors?

Not sure if that's the plot because I never saw it, but the director of Clownhouse was Victor Salva. Yeah, he molested one of the actors. He was also the director of Jeepers Creepers.

As for my list:

Phantom of the Opera (1989 Robert Englund version)
Deadly Friend (a lesser known Craven film)
Spontaneous Combustion
Puppet Master II
I, Madman
Prince of Darkness
In the Mouth of Madness (yeah I know this and Prince are both Carpenter films but they aren't exactly mainstream either)
Critters 2
Brainscan

I dont know how obscure they would really be considered if your a horror fan but,

Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein
Young Frankenstein
Evil Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Day of the Dead
The Thing
Big Trouble in Little China
Toxic Avenger
The Burbs
From Dusk Till Dawn
Planet Terror
Death Proof

Also there was this movie about the boogey man when I was a kid. This guy lived in a small town and I think he owned a joke shop or something along those lines and they have the boogeyman living in their house.

I don't like to cause unrest....but Death Proof was so bad I nearly took an axe to my laptop!! :banghead:computer(I watched it on Netflix.)

For obscure horror I liked "Let the Right One In." A weird foreign, vampire flick...with kids!

I don't like to cause unrest....but Death Proof was so bad I nearly took an axe to my laptop!! :banghead:computer(I watched it on Netflix.)

For obscure horror I liked "Let the Right One In." A weird foreign, vampire flick...with kids!

Yea that seems to be the general feeling about it. I didn't know how to feel at first, its such an odd movie. But when I watched it again on DVD it was more enjoyable each time. I think its deeper then people give it credit for, like how everything about Mike is likely BS, the story he tells at the bar, and everything. And the accidents are insane.

The DVD is unrated and extended, but netflix is awesome too because they have the entire Grindhouse up still with the faux trailers.

Death Proof is definitely one that people love to hate. I can't blame them, it's not for everyone. I will say though that I love it, and the final 15 minutes is some of my favorite cinema of all time.

80's horror movies were the best imho, so with that in mind here goes:

Vamp
The Kindred (scared me as a kid, probably sucks now)
Night of the Comet (very 80's)
Terrovision
Sundown (vampire flick with Bruce Campbell)

There's probably loads more that I've forgotten, but for the moment there ya go.

I think I saw this one. Is it the one where there are like 3 escaped prisoners/mental patiants dressed like clowns and they stalk 2 brothers? Also if it's the movie I'm thinking of, didn't the director go to jail for molesting one of the actors?

Another cool Clown slasher is The Clown at Midnight. Haven't seen that in ages but it has Margo Kidder and the girl who played Ashley on Fresh Prince.

Yep that's the one. 3 lunatics escape from the asylum and decide they are going to kill some clowns at the circus and take the clowns get up and stalk and terrorize 3 brothers who live out in the country. It's got a young Sam Rockwell in it as the oldest brother. And yes the director did molest the youngest brother and got busted.

Now I'm tempted to see Clownhouse. If all these people are creeped by it then I gotta check it out. And Brainscan is an awesome movie!

Maybe you guys can help me figure out a very obscure one I once saw as a kid on Elvira's Movie Macabre. I don't know the title, but here's what I remember.

There's a road that ends in a wall of fog. On the other side of the fog is an old Medieval looking village (not sure if I remember that right). The people there try to kill or eat or otherwise terrorize the newcomers. I remember a big banquet hall set where everybody around the table is dead. I also remember the newcomers making a run from the village, out through the wall of fog, and somebody from the village throws a rock outside the fog that hits the girl in the head, and she die?

I'm guessing this was made in the 60's-70's. Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Maybe you guys can help me figure out a very obscure one I once saw as a kid on Elvira's Movie Macabre. I don't know the title, but here's what I remember. There's a road that ends in a wall of fog. On the other side of the fog is an old Medieval looking village (not sure if I remember that right). The people there try to kill or eat or otherwise terrorize the newcomers. I remember a big banquet hall set where everybody around the table is dead. I also remember the newcomers making a run from the village, out through the wall of fog, and somebody from the village throws a rock outside the fog that hits the girl in the head, and she die? I'm guessing this was made in the 60's-70's. Does this sound familiar to anybody?
hmmm Two come to mind- Monstroid and They Came From Outter Space. Those are the only two I can think of with villages involved but there's probably more.

--Dr. X (Lionel Atwill/Fay Wray)
--The Mad Monster (George Zucco, Glenn Strange)
--Homicidal (Wm. Castle)
--The Werewolf (Steven Ritch), the werewolf is a creation of a genetic experiment, and only comes out when angry/in danger. Plays like the Hulk. predates the Hulk by at least 6 years.
--The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
--The House that Dripped Blood
--Baron Blood

Death Proof is definitely one that people love to hate. I can't blame them, it's not for everyone. I will say though that I love it, and the final 15 minutes is some of my favorite cinema of all time.

Agreed 110%!!!!!! The movie was all over the place until the last 15 mins. Unreal!

No. But you mentioned a it took place in a village. I have the movie macabre dvds so I looked at the back for the summary of each movie and there were two that mentioned taking place in a village. Not like you gave me alot to go by so just threw those titles out there.

Back