Yet another huge EU delay coming up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simone

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Anakin Skywalker PF Statue Exclusive, 401$, billed on Nov. 21st.
Has yet to arrive in the EU Warehouse, where is it?

Alien: Alien Pile Statue, 338$, billed on Nov. 23rd.
Has yet to arrive in the EU Warehouse, where is it?

Camels died again Sideshow?

Three months ago, same situation: Link

lol... it took them ages to get my JP to me after i payed for it..... we should not be billed till its left the EU wearhouse... ive learnt my lesson, i only order the EX from sideshow anything that i can get from FP or play i would rather do business with them.

For me its not the time it takes but the utter randomness of it all! For example my Fell beast dio took an amazing 4 days to arrive after my final invoice! But my Frodo dio took 2 and a half months!

I know some of this is not Sideshows fault, e.g. breakages or customs delays but a more open communication may help in calming people! :lol

I'm with Raider on this...if its not an EX than play.com or FP is the route to go! :D

For me its not the time it takes but the utter randomness of it all! For example my Fell beast dio took an amazing 4 days to arrive after my final invoice! But my Frodo dio took 2 and a half months!

I know some of this is not Sideshows fault, e.g. breakages or customs delays but a more open communication may help in calming people! :lol

I'm with Raider on this...if its not an EX than play.com or FP is the route to go! :D

if you look that the prices now, it actually works out cheaper to buy from play or FP

Example: Indiana Jones PF shipped and tax ( i worked this out 4 weeks ago so it may be a bit off now)

/ From Sideshow £ 233 / at play £180

Predator 2 diorma
Sideshow £134 / FP £97.99

CONAN PF
Sideshow £275 / at play £209

i have many more examples but too lazy to type them out, SO you have to ask your self how much is that EXCLUSIVE realy worth to you......

if you look that the prices now, it actually works out cheaper to buy from play or FP

Example: Indiana Jones PF shipped and tax ( i worked this out 4 weeks ago so it may be a bit off now)

Predator 2 diorma
Sideshow £134 / FP £97.99

CONAN PF
Sideshow £275 / at play £209

i have many more examples but too lazy to type them out, SO you have to ask your self how much is that EXCLUSIVE realy worth to you......

Could not agree more, I find myself going via Play or FP much more, hence the fact that I cancelled the Indy PF because the Ex was just not worth the extra moolah...however the Berserker will come from them because I think the EX is worth it!

Yes, me too I'm waiting for at least seven items coming from SSC. In stead of working for me, my money is fruitful on SSC's bank account. And I wait, and wait, ... . But what bugs me much much more than the waiting, is the following: yes, SSC has lowered the EU tax to 15% (coming from 17.5%), but, since the EU put the new customs regime in effect (no tax on items with value up to 150 €), we are all loosing money! SSC ships in containers, and they pay tax on the whole lot! THAT is what really pisses me off. So, if it weren't for the high shipping costs*, it probably would be cheaper to have orders come from the US directly, instead of receiving them through the EU warehouse. I wish SSC would push harder to get things done for the EU collectors.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38551

FYI:
EU warehouse closed for christmas / new year holiday - December 22nd through January 2nd 2009

On a positive note - a REAL positive note: SSC has done a tremendous effort lately to combine items, so that they ship together and we save shipping costs. Thank you for that Sideshow.

* I've received things from other companies in the US lately, but SSC has always been the most expensive when it comes to shipping! Why????

Last edited:

Yup, I ordered my Indy from Play.com and used the 5% off RAC voucher, so it's costing me £170.99 upfront, but then I also get a further £7.50 cashback from Quidco! Compared to ordering direct from SS, it's a billy bargain in comparison!

I have ordered the T2 Arnie PF exclusive from SS, but I must admit that I'm tempted to order the regular from Play.com...... do I really want a nosepicker, er I mean a 1/4 scale Endoarm? Well, yeah I do :lol But if it wasn't for the exclusive, I'd definatly be ordering from Play rather than SS

SS shipped my Anakin Monday and i'm getting him Friday :banana And that's with SS holding payment on Anakin until Dec 1st (Was Nv something).

Uhh! Congrats on the Anakin! No news for me though.

EDIT: huh, I just received my items! What a good thing that I was at home. Hehe.. got to love Sideshow: first they charge me for items without sending me a processing mail, and then they sent me the items without giving me tracking information. Lovely. Nothing new though.

Last edited:
Back