Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder out of the 25% that voted against an 18 inch scaled Predator, how many of those voters would instead favor a 12 inch scaled version? I think the overwhelming majority is in favor of some type of larger scale Predator, whether it be 12 or 18 inch scaled. I believe the poll results so far don't necessarily reflect that sentiment accurately hence the roughly 75% for to the 25% against numbers in the polls.

I'm one of those 25%. I'd be interested in a 12", especially if it's a stealth version. It won't replace my higher-end figures, but it can have its purposes.

Hot Toys 12" Predator owners seems to be very jealous and afraid that NECA bring us a 18" :rotfl

I think Iampoch has already made clear how illogical this statement is. There is no reason any Hot Toys Predator owner would be fearful and jealous of a NECA 18" - if they can afford a Hot Toys figures they could easily afford a NECA 18" if they wanted one.

Go buy a few Hot Toys figures and maybe people here can start to take you seriously. In the meantime all you're doing is embarrassing yourself and even turning NECA fans against NECA fans.

Never before on a forum have I ever found myself simultaneously agreeing with points of view and yet so wanting not to because of the manner in which those points of view are being expressed.

-edit - well I say 'never before' but what I really mean is since the last time you were posting.

Last edited:
I'm in the "No to 19", yes to 1/6 camp."

It's entirely irrational, but above 1/6 size they always start looking like oversize toys to me...

Plus I'm not hugely fond of the NECA Classic's pose. Contrast with McFarlane's 12" Predator, still IMO one of the best representations of the creature.

This, I have to agree with. I own the HT P1, but I also think NECA's sculpt looks the best out of the lot. Sadly... it's an 18" figure. Unless you collect 18" or you want to grab the 18" Alien and have a two-figure centerpiece on a seperate shelf, they'll look weird.

The only way NECA can salvage the situation is with a great paintjob. I've been off collecting NECA and would like to focus on purely HT, but if NECA did an excellent 18" Pred, I'd buy just him and their Alien and get those suckers on the bottom shelf. It was a "no" for me, since the idea of them knocking the paint apps out of the park seems unlikely. But I hope I'm wrong.

I think Iampoch has already made clear how illogical this statement is. There is no reason any Hot Toys Predator owner would be fearful and jealous of a NECA 18" - if they can afford a Hot Toys figures they could easily afford a NECA 18" if they wanted one.

No, most of them are pi..ed off because the Hot Toys 12" Predator was expensive and now all the people will buy a much better and bigger Predator for less money :)

Bigger isn't always better, especially if paint apps don't improve. And HT fans won't be pissed. Most of them would love to have an accurate P1 figure and acknowledge that the HT version has its innacuracies. But it's nothing to get into this big an argument over.

No, most of them are pi..ed off because the Hot Toys 12" Predator was expensive and now all the people will buy a much better and bigger Predator for less money :)

I doubt anyone is feeling that way but if they were they could sell their HT P1 for a big profit and buy the NECA with their spare change. Sorted as far as they'd be concerned.

Or they could sell their HT P1 for the hopefully-improved Classic HT said they'd make (new body and everything). Personally, I'd get both of them. Different purposes, different sizes, different features that make them worth having.

I'm so happy that flacco's banned :)

@ Blade3327:

Yups, I'd get the Classic PRed as well, and make a dio out of him with the Berserker one :)

As for the topic:

Is there any hope of NECA considering going into 1:6th scale figures?

Is there any hope of NECA considering going into 1:6th scale figures?
nope. they're pretty dead-set on making 7" preds. and i'm not entirely convinced they'll ever make the 19" one.

nope. they're pretty dead-set on making 7" preds. and i'm not entirely convinced they'll ever make the 19" one.

That's sad :( Would've preferred Neca over Macfarlane's. I might try getting a couple of NECA's 7" Preds for display in my cubicle, though.

I don't collect the cheap stuff anymore. If NECA can up the ante and improve the paint job and sculpt as close as possible to their protoypes, I'll gladly pick one up at a higher price.

I don't collect the cheap stuff anymore. If NECA can up the ante and improve the paint job and sculpt as close as possible to their protoypes, I'll gladly pick one up at a higher price.

The sculpt is exactly the same as the prototypes, just the paint job isn't as good.

Yeah, the paint apps are the thing. I myself am trying to get off the cheaper stuff and save up for the bigger harder-to-find figures. But it sure wouldn't hurt to have some exceedingly large (but well-painted) NECA figs finally using the bottom shelf. I don't put anything there besides HT boxes, since 1/6 and smaller don't really display well that low. But a giant Alien and Predator would certainly work.

Once again, only if the paintjob is up to par.

For such a cheap price you cannot go wrong, even with a crappy paint job. there are plenty of painters her and other places who would be able to give it a top notch paint job and make it a high end piece.

You are a funny guy The Rider but wake Up pls, we speaking here about 70$ and not 700$. :lol

Wake up you on.

These things are nothing special.
We are not talking of Polystone and armor made of real metal.

One would make itself what it thought everything was so far from Neca.
What does it cost and what would be possible.

These things would definitely possible.

The predator does not cost me $ 30 more than the other 18 figures.

What do you want?
How do you imagine a 19 inch Predator?

You can count out interchangeable heads...NEVER GONNA HAPPEN.

The 12 "Leonidas also had two interchangeable heads.
Why should it a 19 "predator only have one head?
Just here more heads would make sense.
At least 2
Because we need both heads.

Attachments

• IMG_7855_zpswapbxcei.jpg
    IMG_7855_zpswapbxcei.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7851_zpsahjogpi9.jpg
    IMG_7851_zpsahjogpi9.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7850_zpsxsxlkm58.jpg
    IMG_7850_zpsxsxlkm58.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
While I'd love a 12 inch HT P1 reissue, I'd quite happily take an 18 inch NECA. Would look sweet with my 18 inch Hellboy, Robocop and Endoskeleton.

This does not work.
Since the edges are not compatible.
The mouth is when a head is too small and the other is too wide.
Moreover, one would always see where the interface is.
One can only achieve an optimal result with several heads.

But three different heads would also be a beautiful thing.
Moreover, one could easily share this with monohydric ball joint.

It would be the easiest solution.

Or neca grabs a head and makes an exclusive set (ComicCon exclusive), with two other heads, a base and a skull.

Assuming they put more love into them than they did Freddy (who looks like a flushed turd recovered from the sewage plant), I would gladly pay $30 for a couple of decent 12" predators from NECA. 19" figures are too big and take up too much space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back