Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This does not work.
Since the edges are not compatible.
The mouth is when a head is too small and the other is too wide.
Moreover, one would always see where the interface is.
One can only achieve an optimal result with several heads.

But three different heads would also be a beautiful thing.
Moreover, one could easily share this with monohydric ball joint.

It would be the easiest solution.

Or neca grabs a head and makes an exclusive set (ComicCon exclusive), with two other heads, a base and a skull.

NOT....GOING....TO....HAPPEN! :slap

Assuming they put more love into them than they did Freddy (who looks like a flushed turd recovered from the sewage plant), I would gladly pay $30 for a couple of decent 12" predators from NECA. 19" figures are too big and take up too much space.

But....that was accurate to the source material....:lol

I picked no, because I'm so impressed with the Hot Toys Guardian Predator I just picked up last week, not to mention that Neca Vs. Hot Toys thread from a couple days ago.

However, I'm not a fanboy or unreasonable person by any means. I actually love Neca for what they have accomplished with their Street Fighter IV figures. Yet I'm an articulation whore, so their new Predators line just doesn't do it for me (a fact that I was actually very disappointed by). The lack of accessories was also a turn off. However, I definately aggree that their molded skin details are awesome.

All that being said however, I think their sculpts look awesome, and I would totally buy a larger scale figure from them, *if they added better articulation. I just reinvigorated my love of everything Predator and I really wanted to collect Predators in two scales, kinda like I collect Transformers in two different scales...but I just couldn't pull the trigger on the new 7'' line. Hopefully they will add more articulation and accessories to this rumored larger scale Pred. I'd definately bite, it sounds like an awesome Predator at a descent price, and after sinking some money into Guardian and Wolf, it'd be nice to pay less.

All that being said however, I think their sculpts look awesome, and I would totally buy a larger scale figure from them, *if they added better articulation. I just reinvigorated my love of everything Predator and I really wanted to collect Predators in two scales, kinda like I collect Transformers in two different scales...but I just couldn't pull the trigger on the new 7'' line. Hopefully they will add more articulation and accessories to this rumored larger scale Pred. I'd definately bite, it sounds like an awesome Predator at a descent price, and after sinking some money into Guardian and Wolf, it'd be nice to pay less.

I hope not added other joints. Those of 7 "are enough. I do not want the 18" Neca become a doll style Hot Toys. I prefer a more static statue and hidden joints. Stability would be affected also.

I hope not added other joints. Those of 7 "are enough. I do not want the 18" Neca become a doll style Hot Toys. I prefer a more static statue and hidden joints. Stability would be affected also.

That's cool. It seems we have different tastes. I don't really see the 1/6 Hot Toys Predators as "dolls", but I do agree that the Neca Predators might as well be statues. The lack of joints and articulation is what I don't like about the 7'' Predators. The cut-joint hips drive me crazy, and are probably the main reason I didn't buy the figures. I have hated those kind of joints since the Spawn figures I collected as a kid. It seems that I prefer action figures, while you prefer statues, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The Neca Predators seem to only be able to pull off a couple of poses, due to lack of articulation. That just doesn't interest me. I like free reign, and the ability to try any pose my mind can imagine. Stability is not an issue for me. I can find good stability in many different poses. It's all geometry and physics. I can't tell you how many Transformers I have standing on one leg, posed in a kicking motion.

I don't know what you mean by lack of joints; all three have twenty or more points of articulation (hot toys has what, 25 normally?)

I don't know what you mean by lack of joints; all three have twenty or more points of articulation (hot toys has what, 25 normally?)

Yeah...I mean technically HT only has maybe 3 more points of articulation..."lack" of articulation might be the wrong words. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the joints, the Neca Predators DO have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ankle joints are just a swivle correct? Same with the wrists?

Yeah...I mean technically HT only has maybe 3 more points of articulation..."lack" of articulation might be the wrong words. Maybe I'm just not a fan of the joints, the Neca Predators DO have.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the ankle joints are just a swivle correct? Same with the wrists?

The ankles swivel but the wrists also movie in and out + side to side.

The ankles swivel but the wrists also movie in and out + side to side.

Thanks for clarifying, as I assumed that's how it was, but I just wanted to check. I didn't notice the ball jointed wrists. It's really the articulation of the hips and ankles that turn me off I suppose. No up and down on the feet will drive me crazy, because it limits what I can achieve in a pose. As mentioned earlier I'm pretty disappointed too, because of the awesome articulation in the feet of the Street Fighter figures, I was expecting something as awe-inspiring in the Predators. I guess it all ended up being anti-climactic (sp?).

I'm not Interested joints, if less is better for me. The reason is that I am interested in having beautiful models faithful exposure. I do not care to play or move in too many ways at the expense of faithfulness to detail and proportions. If Neca will produce a 18 " with the same joints of 7" I would be very happy! An example is the T-800 'Pescadero escape'. Beautiful model, but very static. I love it!

Thanks for clarifying, as I assumed that's how it was, but I just wanted to check. I didn't notice the ball jointed wrists. It's really the articulation of the hips and ankles that turn me off I suppose. No up and down on the feet will drive me crazy, because it limits what I can achieve in a pose. As mentioned earlier I'm pretty disappointed too, because of the awesome articulation in the feet of the Street Fighter figures, I was expecting something as awe-inspiring in the Predators. I guess it all ended up being anti-climactic (sp?).

The ankles on the upcoming Hot Toys PREDATORS figures will have the same articulation.

The boots limit what can be done there, so it's not just NECA.

And, as has been stated already, the NECA Classic Pred has ball jointed ankles.

The classic predator has ball jointed ankles, actually.
The ankles on the upcoming Hot Toys PREDATORS figures will have the same articulation.

The boots limit what can be done there, so it's not just NECA.

And, as has been stated already, the NECA Classic Pred has ball jointed ankles.

Cool. Then I might actually pick him up. Also, if the upcoming Hot Toys Predators lose their ankle articulation, I will pass on them as well. I'm already on the fense about Berserker because of the lack of chest articulation. I want the rumored HT Tracker and Classic P1 Predators, but if they lose range of movement, I will pass on them and just pick up HT P1 although I hate to pay that price. It's not so much I prefer one company over the other, it's just my personal preference as a collector.

Cool. Then I might actually pick him up. Also, if the upcoming Hot Toys Predators lose their ankle articulation, I will pass on them as well. I'm already on the fense about Berserker because of the lack of chest articulation. I want the rumored HT Tracker and Classic P1 Predators, but if they lose range of movement, I will pass on them and just pick up HT P1 although I hate to pay that price. It's not so much I prefer one company over the other, it's just my personal preference as a collector.

They're losing some of the ankle articulation. And rumor has it that there will be torso joint beneath the rubber skin.

They're losing some of the ankle articulation. And rumor has it that there will be torso joint beneath the rubber skin.

Interesting...this really isn't the right thread for a Berserker conversation. But it looked to me like the torso was one solid piece. Maybe one solid piece of rubber on top of the plastic underbody?? I'm not really a fan of the rubber body parts idea either.

I dunno...the loss of ankle articulation kinda depresses me...I like companies to keep moving forward, it seems like the new Predators figures will be a step forward in the detail, and feel of their skin, while also a step back in articulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back