Would you buy 1/6 Beatles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy?

• Yes

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 51.5%

• Total voters
Maybe some groups/musicians were not meant to be done and/or be necessarily welcomed (i.e. mass appeal) in 1:6?

This forum is hardly a suitable test for whether these would sell or not :lol I'm actually quite surprised it's about 50% yes, I can't imagine many ideas getting that much approval with the variety of interests this forum has.

And the Beatles didn't? I guess you're right. There wasn't anything particularly special about them that set them apart. They were just a short lived, semi-popular rock band that a few people like anymore. Just run of the mill, basic, celebrities.:slap
Hold on there tiger.. :lol

Ok, my last sentence there.. could've chosen better words. I didn't actually mean that the Beatles were run of the mill AT ALL - come on. Of course they're massive in every way, they're true icons - that needs no further reaffirming - & I'm a fan. I'm not objecting at all to them getting their own high end figures or whatever - far from it.

Context & internet conversations.. :lol

I probably didn't explain it well enough, but with some of the others I mentioned - there's an exaggerated fantasy element to them that can be exploited beautifully through companies like HT etc. Yes, the Beatles have their respective eras - plus cartoons, personas & psychadelia to match, but I'm talking about MJ as a zombie, KISS in full 70s leather & make up, Arnold as multiple Sci-fi / fantasy characters etc.

It's not their iconic status I was questioning - or their marketability, just making the distinction between their 'world' & the other examples.

That said - the Sgt Peppers era fab four would make sensational figures actually. :cool:

I would prefer a company like NECA making them at 6 inch scale. 1/6 costs way to much and I would never be able to purchase all of the four in a set.

They could make the Cavern era Beatles, The British Invasion Beatles, Rubber soul/Revolver era Beatles, Sgt. Pepper, and Abbey Road era lines. I would buy all of them!:clap

I would prefer a company like NECA making them at 6 inch scale. 1/6 costs way to much and I would never be able to purchase all of the four in a set.

They could make the Cavern era Beatles, The British Invasion Beatles, Rubber soul/Revolver era Beatles, Sgt. Pepper, and Abbey Road era lines. I would buy all of them!:clap

YES! :clap

I had the same concern as you. The amount of money a person would end up spending to get all four...that would be the only downside for me.

NECA is awesome and I would totally buy some 6 inch figures. I'd even buy 8 inch figures with soft clothing, if NECA decides the Django figures have sold well and they feel they want to continue making figures like that.

Back