If you had to choose a 1/6 Vader?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tarkin 2-pack Vader is the best one in my opinion.
I agree. I think it's definitely the best out of the box with no mods Vader. Wish I didn't sleep on that version at the time since I already had the original ANH figure and my focus wasn't on SW at the time like it more or less is now.

I would say Kenobi Vader Deluxe is the next best bang for your buck all around good Vader

Absolutely typical - I only placed the order on the Obi-Wan Vader yesterday.........
No idea what to do now!
Confused Thinking GIF

Absolutely typical - I only placed the order on the Obi-Wan Vader yesterday.........
No idea what to do now!
Confused Thinking GIF

Honestly it's only that the timing was hilarious. Aside from the initial jolt of the announcement, you may have made the same call anyway.

You were looking for a Vader figure to represent the character, removed from any of the source material.

Figure to figure, the RO based OWK Vader is potentially stronger than the ESB based ROTJ Vader as they stand now.

The things that would give the ROTJ version an advantage like the Shaw sculpt and lightning head probably would just stay in the box.

And you'll have the figure much sooner. If you decide you want the ROTJ in the future, you can just sell the OWK.

Honestly it's only that the timing was hilarious. Aside from the initial jolt of the announcement, you may have made the same call anyway.

You were looking for a Vader figure to represent the character, removed from any of the source material.

Figure to figure, the RO based OWK Vader is potentially stronger than the ESB based ROTJ Vader as they stand now.

The things that would give the ROTJ version an advantage like the Shaw sculpt and lightning head probably would just stay in the box.

And you'll have the figure much sooner. If you decide you want the ROTJ in the future, you can just sell the OWK.
Completely agree with you mate, once I got over the initial hilarity/cosmic-horror of the announcement's timing I decided that I still would have chosen the Obi-Wan Vader over this ROTJ Vader (As nice as it is) for pretty much the exact reasons you say.
The Obi-Wan Vader is a great looking figure, a brilliant all-round package, and an awesome representation of the character with a unique and interesting head sculpt that showcases Vader's face in a way that remains intimidating and keeps his iconic helmet on display.
I'm happy and excited for that Obi-Wan Vader to join the collection!!! Strangely enough, maybe even more so now.
Thanks for the support - really appreciate it.

If you have the space and money get the 1/4 Vader. That to me is the best looking Vader on the market when it comes to figures. My guess is eventually Hot Toys or maybe a different company like InArt might obtain the license and make a superior 1:6 Vader with real leather and better accuracy to details but god knows when that will happen but I guarantee it will one day. If you’re too impatient though and really need one in your collection then definitely get the Kenobi Vader deluxe edition

1/4 Vader is a great figure

My ranking would be:
  1. HT 1/4 ROTJ Vader
  2. HT Kenobi Vader
That 1/4 Vader really is a thing of beauty - I just wish I had the room or the funds for him.
Maybe they will do a 2.0 someday.....

Impossible rankings without having the two Vaders in hand (OWK and ROTJ)...

I very much wanted the OWK Vader, at first, but the sour taste the show left on me has wilted my interest in the crackhead Vader. As cool as it is, it will just remind me of that terrible show.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward the completion of the OT Vaders -- meaning the ROTJ Vader -- which holds the nostalgia factor for me. Having two other OT Vaders means I have no problem displaying my 3rd Vader with Shaw head.

This all said, I have NOT PO'd either yet. When and if I do, it will all be on reward points, baby.

If only InArt would get a Star Wars license...

Back