Wish Hot Toys Would Make 1/6 ALIENS Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys developing 1/6 Alien Queen!

Kind of a late reply, but knowing HOT TOYS, I think we'll know quite a bit more when Toyfare and SDCC role around...

I'm wondering about new variant announcements, too...

I was worried with the HOT TOYS ALIEN license announcement maybe Hot Toys time with ALIENS was done, which would stink without a Bishop or egg accessories ever getting made. Then I rememered we still had the promised Queen coming, so I breathed a sigh of relief, that there was at least a chance of some more things from Aliens coming when she is released.
New announcements would make more sense then!

I'm currently customizing my own hicks and will pick up a ripley and powerloader.
Hopefully they will give us a queen , bishop and newt.
These 5 characters were most important to me for this movie , and obviously a normal alien.

My guess is we won't see a queen until next year... I'm thinking the Big Chap will debut at SDCC this year, Queen the following year. And hopefully the Pred1 somewhere in between.

Although I'm really just talking out of my ass here :lol

Bring it on! :monkey5

I have already gotten rid of my bed. Who needs a place to sleep when one can have a Power Loader vs Queen display?

Since the ALIEN announcement, I kind of think the Queen may be a dropped project. I doubt they'd wait an entire year to bring a line back to life. If they're gonna do it, it has to be soon while the Aliens line and the powerloader are still talked-about items. Once Alien stuff comes around I think people's focus will be diverted. We've had no new Aliens announcement since ToyFair last year, and it seems that Pred 1 and Alien is going to be the new focus for 2008.

I hopr you're wrong war-gar. the queen was the whole reaso n i jumped on the powerloader.

I hopr you're wrong war-gar. the queen was the whole reaso n i jumped on the powerloader.

I hope I'm wrong too. :)

But indications seem to say HT might be moving on. If we got Marines Series 3 sometime in the past year then I'd be more confident. But it's been a long year since they announced anything Aliens.

I dont think the delay is something to worry about - HT said they hadn't even thought about doing the Queen until the power loader proved successful and fans asked about it. The power loader hasn't been out that long.

If HT manage to make the Queen without any problems it'll open the doors for a whole range of large scale creatures previously thought to be unlikely to be released in 1/6 scale. Given their relationship with SSC maybe they could have a go at the following Star Wars creatures,

Bantha
Rancor
Dewback (I know Hasbro made one but it sucked)
Acklay
Reek

Not that I wouldn't love to see that, but of course the problem is that you really run into space problems when you have figures that size. The Hasbro dewback (which was actually kind of undersized, scale-wise) is simply huge.

Not that I wouldn't love to see that, but of course the problem is that you really run into space problems when you have figures that size. The Hasbro dewback (which was actually kind of undersized, scale-wise) is simply huge.

The lack of adequate space is probably what'll prevent me from getting the Alien Queen so I concur with what you are saying. It'd be really cool to see even one of the creatures I listed though,especially with the obvious difference in quality between HT and Hasbro (lol!)

Maybe you guys should hold out and see what Gore Group is offering with the queen, they announced some Dios will be $300 plus so im guessing it will be the queen diorama which will be asking that price.

Since the ALIEN announcement, I kind of think the Queen may be a dropped project. I doubt they'd wait an entire year to bring a line back to life. If they're gonna do it, it has to be soon while the Aliens line and the powerloader are still talked-about items. Once Alien stuff comes around I think people's focus will be diverted. We've had no new Aliens announcement since ToyFair last year, and it seems that Pred 1 and Alien is going to be the new focus for 2008.

I disagree with ya on this one Greg. I think that the Queen is the sort of item that carries weight with it, regardless of where the line specific to its film lies.

I'm sure there are a number of selective buyers in the ALIENS line that got the warrior, PL, Hicks if they could, and maybe a coulpe other Marines, but are really into it for the creatures more than the humans.

If HT releases a queen it'll be an engineering marvel and anyone that's enjoyed the warriors will be drawn to it, depending on the price tag. Plus at this stage, pretty much anyone who owns the Power Loader wants the Queen, so I don't think it'll matter how much time has passed since a product was released specifically tied to the film ALIENS.

The only thing I see keeping them from making her is cost to them and us, or the inability to find a solution that results in a figure that meets their standards but also gives us a reliable product. I'm sure they're aware of the breakage and loose joint issues of the warrior and the Queen's body is going to give them challenges, and as skilled as they are at HT, they could still hit a point where they say it's not worth their time. I think at this point, they know there's demand and support, so they see it worth their time to take a look at it, and time will tell if they hit a turning point where they have to decide we're going to make this happen or we're dropping the project.

Will it come with an Egg sack is another thing to wonder also.

It would be cool if it had Eggs and the Egg Sack

Will it come with an Egg sack is another thing to wonder also.
I SERIOUSLY doubt that - no Queen figure (of a decent size) has ever come with one.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that - no Queen figure (of a decent size) has ever come with one.

I actually wouldn't seriously doubt that. While most collector's want her freed from the sack to fight the PL, the sheer size of the egg sack could provide a strong weighted based to balance out the mass of her head. So it's not totally out of the question, but as far as aesthetics and marketing, it seems a bit counterproductive.

I need a few months to get my powerloader , ripley , and maybe hudson and apone. Damn this is an expensive hobby !!

Back