Wish Hot Toys Would Make 1/6 ALIENS Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets all talk s#it about HT.
You know that you like what they do.:naughty
I mean if they can make a PWL that good, then they can also make a 1/6 ALIENS queen for a face of.
BTW, if enough people dissagree with the first disigns then it will go back to the drawing board anyways.
right, because when they "fixed" the sculpt on the big chap it looked like the movie.

i just typed that sarcastically.

:duh:duh:duh
DUH
Just like that other negative s#it you've written.
do you realy think that people dont understand that you R being a sarcastic ......
Lets hope for the best.
I think that the PWL they did is F'n awesome.
And i hope they can bring us the alien Queen that is just as good as the PWL.
I ALSO hate how they made the alien warrior .
that could have bin so much better.
Dont hear a lot of people nag about the dog alien however.

Anybody in the 'know of the industry" have any idea if updated releases of the Marines is likely???

Well I'm not in the know of the industry but I would think if they ever do rerelease a hot toys marine line it will only be one or a few of the main characters since they only released the two from predator and they seem to show the predator lines more respect too.
I can see them rereleasing some characters though , I'm sure they know how sought after the older figures are. Maybe they still can't get the likeness rights for Weaver and biehn so they're not bothering.

For what it's worth, I don't expect them to ever remake any of the Colonial Marines from Aliens, but I do wish they'd release at least one more wave of characters they haven't made yet, as unlikely as that may seem. If the Aliens: Colonial Marines video game turns out to be a runaway hit, who knows, maybe they'll make a Marine or two under the Video Game Masterpiece brand.

Getting back to the Queen, producing something as large and complex as Queenie probably wouldn't be easy, or cheap, but if they could pull it off and if they were confident of turning a profit, I believe they would do it. They've already proved they're willing to gamble on collectors' fancies by releasing the likes of ED-209 (2 versions), the Power Loader, and the Dark Knight's Pod Bike & Tumbler, so I don't entirely dismiss the possibility there may be an Alien Queen to go with the Power Loader one of these days.

HT has yet to achieve 100% SA or complete satisfaction with many of their figures, but they've still turned out some really amazing pieces over the past several years and they do appear to be learning and improving as they go. Most importantly for them, people do keep coming back for more. And more. And more.

:duh:duh:duh
DUH
Just like that other negative s#it you've written.
do you realy think that people dont understand that you R being a sarcastic ......
yes, that's exactly what i think. i can't get anything past you.
Dont hear a lot of people nag about the dog alien however.
i don't think you read the alien 3 dog thread very carefully.
it was thoroughly described in detail on every aspect of its inaccuracy.

at least HT is consistent in refusing to make their aliens look like the movies.
their queen would look just as terrible as their other alien figures. fortunately, that will never happen.
Getting back to the Queen, producing something as large and complex as Queenie probably wouldn't be easy, or cheap, but if they could pull it off and if they were confident of turning a profit, I believe they would do it. They've already proved they're willing to gamble on collectors' fancies by releasing the likes of ED-209 (2 versions), the Power Loader, and the Dark Knight's Pod Bike & Tumbler, so I don't entirely dismiss the possibility there may be an Alien Queen to go with the Power Loader one of these days.
except that the queen would be over twice the size of any of those and probably 3X as expensive.
the head alone would be about as big as the tumbler.
not to mention it would be extremely flimsy if it had any articulation on the lower half of the body.

Last edited:
except that the queen would be over twice the size of any of those and probably 3X as expensive.
the head alone would be about as big as the tumbler.
not to mention it would be extremely flimsy if it had any articulation on the lower half of the body.

You know, I might be inclined to agree with some of the points you've made if your comments sounded more like a discussion and less like a rant about Hot Toys' shortcomings. Anyway, I'm not entirely convinced the Queen can't or won't be made for the reasons you stated.

Some of the design challenges have already been discussed at length, probably in this same thread. From what I recall, most agreed that the head and upper body parts would most likely need to be hollow to minimize weight. The legs would probably need joints made of metal or some other extremely durable material to support the figure and allow some degree of articulation. The tail would need to be flexible and sturdy enough to provide stability and help balance the figure.

Would it cost three times as much as the Power Loader or Tumbler? Maybe, but I don't think so. It would depend a lot on the design and the choice of materials, cost of the license, etc. Even though it will probably never happen, some of us would like to just wish it could happen, so I don't see any harm in just talking about the possibilities.

Btw, I'm already very well aware of Hot Toys' track record when it comes to issues with design and quality, having experienced more than my share first hand. Do I wish they'd do a better job capturing screen accuracy and turn out higher quality products? Absolutely. Will I continue to buy their products if they don't? It depends on the product and the severity of any problem/s there may be with it. Do I wish they'd stop producing figures that are difficult and/or costly to make, and may not be perfect when they do get made? Hell NO!

The Hot toys staff just needs the model of the real alien queen,
the model that they used in the movie.
If i remember correctly and If we can believe the info in the making of aliens.
Then after a few craches on the studio floor while shooting the final scene's , the original PWL was restored and has bin standing on the desk of one of the big heads behind fox.
What ever happend 2 the original alien queen????.
Maybe Hot Toys needs a special royal visit of the original ALIENS alien queen.
For a absolutely 100% accurate design.:naughty

I feel inclined to agree with what prefused said.
Sure, it can be done, but I don't think I want it to happen anymore.
HT already made an AVP Queen, and it isn't very accurate at all. (Snap kit)

Using metal ratcheting joints would solve the weight issue, along with using a hollow frame. However, it's sure to cost a lot and I don't think I'd want to pay for it when I'm sure it will fall short in the accuracy department.

Moreover, I don't think any amount of source material would help.
Just look at their prior work on the Xenos, then compare them to what the Gore Group did with theirs. It seems HT just doesn't think it's worth the time to make accurate aliens. In addition, one would think that we would have a Queen by now if it were ever going to happen.

I think HT will probably focus more on the ALIEN prequel now instead of an ALIENS Queen.

Back