Wish Hot Toys Would Make 1/6 ALIENS Queen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys developing 1/6 Alien Queen!

lol yeah that is ...disturbing

don't get people that like to make and ware costumes fo fun at conventions and on Halloween confused with the freaks that dress up on a daly bases and pretend they really are a (insert fictionl grupe).

Newt's lookin' real good so far, JediMike. And yes, she was absolutely filthy in the movie, especially when they first found her! Are you going to go for the early or the late version?

Btw, what was the original figure you used? I don't recognize it. Did it come with that costume or did you get the clothes from another figure? No doubt other people on this thread are going to want a Newt to go with their Ripley and Power Loader set, especially when the "Big Mama" makes her debut. And she will definitely be needed by anyone planning to make an egg chamber diorama, so anything you care to share with us would be much appreciated.

Hi Mudshark. I started out with a 1/6 scale child Anakin Skywalker figure from Kenner/Hasbro from the first Star Wars movie, The Phantom Menace. Here's a picture of it in its original box.

AnakinSkywalkerchildfigurefromSWEpi.jpg

I got it pretty cheap on eBay a few months ago. It was still unopened since when it came out in the summer of 1999. I then had to find the most elusive or "hard-to-find" part of Newt's oufit...the overalls. These overalls had to be in the 1/6 scale and even in a 1/6 scale child size! Oh boy, was that a fun hunt for those! I ended up going with the overalls from a "John Deere Barbie" 1/6 figure. I got the entire outfit loose on eBay for a good cheap price too.

I painted over the light brown shirt and the big "clunky" goofy-looking Anakin boots with some washes of gray and black acrylic paints. I had to make Newt's hair using some Super Sculpey molding clay, and bake it on to the head. I then painted the hair in many layers of browns, blacks, yellows, and a touch of red and brown. I knew I didn't want her hair to look perfectly clean blonde...because she wasn't! She was very filthy! Sure, "real" rooted hair like the one Les Walker has would have looked much better, but I just don't have the skills to do that right now or the access to that hair. My little girl would be very upset if I'd cut off the hair on one of her Barbies! :D

Here's a picture of Newt with the unpainted light brown Anakin boots...

100_6382.jpg

Now..here's a picture of Newt with the repainted dirty boots in washes of gray and black acrylic paints...

Newtfullfigurefront2.jpg

After painting the boots, and cutting holes in the knees of the overalls and fraying the ends of the pants legs...I made the overalls look dirty and worn out by painting various shades of grays, browns, and blacks, and some touches of lighter brown and red.

I am using an extra Hot Toys ALIENS Drake figure stand for my Newt, and I'll be putting her name on it soon by way of help from Les Walker who told me that he just used his computer and typed white text over a black background in the size to fit on the nameplate on the stand. I also want to add a little "dry brushing" of gray on her face to make her look a little more dirty. I've already dry brushed some gray on her knees and the tops of her hands.

Yeah, I'm sure that many ALIENS fans on this board will want to make a Newt, if they aren't already working on it now. I'm very happy with mine, and proud to finally have a Newt of my own! I plan on using Hicks' helmet from that cheap Kay-Bee exclusive "ALIENS vs Cpl. Hicks" 12" figure set I got from Kay-Bee about 10 years ago now. It really sucked, but the helmet will work good to go on Newt's head. Les used it for his Newt, and it gives the figure that great final touch to make Newt look even more like she is in the movie. :D

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm sure that many ALIENS fans on this board will want to make a Newt, if they aren't already working on it now. I'm very happy with mine, and proud to finally have a Newt of my own! I plan on using Hicks' helmet from that cheap Kay-Bee exclusive "ALIENS vs Cpl. Hicks" 12" figure set I got from Kay-Bee about 10 years ago now. It really sucked, but the helmet will work good to go on Newt's head. Les used it for his Newt, and it gives the figure that great final touch to make Newt look even more like she is in the movie. :D

Aye-firmative, and thanks for all the info, JediMike, you've given me lots of ideas. Looking forward to seeing yours when she's all finished. I wish I had that kind of time to spend on my own Aliens crew. I'm afraid it's going to be quite a while before I'm ready to start building a Newt figure, but I most definitely will want her to complete the set. Who knows, maybe Hot Toys will save me the trouble by making her before then. That would really be cool. :D

theres that pic of the life size PL and alien queen somewhere back in this thread. from that pic you can tell the alien queens head+crown alone is same in length as the height of the PL. i came across this on ebay - a 20" queen skull. its very close to what size HT would have to make their queen in order for it to be 1/6 scale and i dont know how theyre gonna pull it off. from the looks what theyre going to go through to make this thing hold its weight, its bound to cost quite a bit more than the PL. all this of course if they actually go through with building a queen:monkey5

lookey
alienqueenskull_1.jpg

notice the can. massive, isnt it:D

jedi - awesome Newt man!!! the only part that i'm not fully digging is the face - but i know there isn't much that can be done about that. the clothing is awesome, and you did an outstanding job on those boots. the before and after is insane!!

drunk - i LOVE that queen. i want one... now.

Even if the Alien Queen costs $400 I will still try to get it. In hand it'll be one of the most impressive pieces that HT has ever produced and it'll be the centerpiece of many 1/6 collections....

Man this would kill me... Glad I would avoid it...I would have to... Or need a new house.

guys im putting a limit of $ 600 on the queen. plus i wont be making any other purchases in 2008 and ive got all my preorders paid for. well id like to buy a few avp-r alien drones( if they dont have breakage issues):monkey4. i wanna buy as many of those drones as i can afford:D.

ive got the preds i need for my budding collection. time to rack up on the xenomorphs!@

I think HT will make it cheaper than 600$, else they won't sell many I reckon... Since the PL costs around 250, I'd say 400-450 tops for the queen which is already quite expensive however kick ass a 1/6 figure may be.
Anyway, I'd rather not buy any figures for 6 months and get the queen than blowing my chance of getting this Aliens Grail!

I think HT will make it cheaper than 600$,

Hell yes, no way it's $600, there's not reason to get that high. With a little compromise in some areas as far as articulation and such, this thing could easily have a ceiling of $300, no way it has to go over that, the majority of it is the head, the body wouldn't be all that much bulkier than the warriors, which is half the problem, very top heavy.

lol since ive collected all the preds i want, ive got the urge to obsess about a another range. so here, this full size statue was fabricated using the original movie molds. 16 feet tall:D! also costs 29000 british pounds:lol. man the HT queen is going to look so sweet.

AlienQueen.gif

See, going by that picture, the queen's body from feet to neck would roughly be the same as a Hot Toys Alien Warrior, the challenge is, the head is nearly the same mass as the body.

lol since ive collected all the preds i want, ive got the urge to obsess about a another range. so here, this full size statue was fabricated using the original movie molds. 16 feet tall:D! also costs 29000 british pounds:lol. man the HT queen is going to look so sweet.

AlienQueen.gif

Too cool!

46973170.jpg

I'm still sceptical about Hot Toys pulling off the Queen . I'd love to see it , but the comprimises that would have to be made regarding scale , materials etc concern me . After all , look at the problem we had with the Aliens Warrior!

I dont think I would pay more than $350. I know it would be HUGE and probably well done by Hot Toys, but it will still be a plastic toy. More than $350 would be to much IMO.

Those pics are fantastic!
HT, are you looking closely? :D

And I don't think a queen would be over 300USD, no way.

If they can make a super-detailed, articulated Power Loader and include a Ripley figure for a little over $200, they certainly ought to be able to make Queenie for under $300!

Back