Will Hot Toys be doing X-Men Age of Apocalypse figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Opinion spoiler" :lol if you are scared of seeing someones non spoiler opinion of a movie, you're gonna have to stay off the internet until you see it.

Thanks for the opinion spoiler.

I laughed because I thought you were making a funny and then saw a few posts later that you were serious. On the one hand I can understand wanting to see a much anticipated film without the "taint" of knowing that people are already saying it sucks or whatever but seriously man that's on you to avoid ANY discussion of a film *especially* after it has been released in some countries. And as jye4ever said in another thread a bad review from a-dev can sometimes mean someone looked at him crosseyed when he entered the theater. You never know. ;)

As for Raimi, Webb, and Russo Spider-Man, eh, I didn't dislike any of them. If you drop Spider-Man 3 from the line-up then all five remaining live-action appearances were solid for their own individual reasons. It'd be easy for me to say "Civil War version was the best" but he was piggy-backing off about a million other awesome things in that movie. I still like Spider-Man 1 over 2. The upside down kiss might be THE most iconic scene in the history of cbm's. Probably more iconic than any one moment in the MCU, and I'd say it's really only rivaled by Keaton's original "I'm Batman." Plus the Spidey/Goblin fight over the parade was the first time I ever got that swelling of joy of watching a Marvel superhero movie come to life and I got post-9/11 feels off the New Yorkers on the bridge helping Spidey at the end. The swinging through the city and landing on the flag pole is also one of my favorite closing shots of any cbm.

Since we're talking about Spider-Man in an X-Men thread, I wasn't a huge fan of the Raimi films. But I went in not being a fan of Spider-Man as a character or really any of the casting. However, I still recognize that they were important films as far as making comic book characters more mainstream. As Khev pointed out, that upside down kiss was pretty iconic.

I really liked Andrew Garfield as Spidey since he brought a lot of the quipping that I knew from the comics, and his chemistry with Emma Stone was undeniable (for real-life reasons). I feel like Sony forced the reboot into the ground, but it had some potential there. MCU Spidey kicked it up a notch with the wisecracking, and on the surface, it feels more like Spider-Man from the comics. DiFabio has a point though- it's hard to judge when the MCU version hasn't really had any character shown/developed yet.

As far as the X-Men, the main reason I'd like them folded into the MCU is to see them interact with the other characters established thus far. Jackman, Fassbender, McAvoy would be fun to see in the MCU (different tone aside). Wolvie and Cap in WW2, Magneto and his Avengers children, Iceman and Spidey. The X-Men have generally been a self-contained universe in the comics, but there are connections to the properties that Marvel still has the rights to. When all these Marvel properties are crossing over in the different movies, it hurts (as an X-fan) to see the X-Men left out of the fun.

Marvel might also do a better job of fleshing out the main X-Men characters (not named Wolverine, Magneto, or Xavier). Of course, the downside to an MCU return is that a character like Magneto, who is all kinds of shades of grey, would probably be portrayed as a one-note villain in the MCU. Loki is the closest we've had to a three-dimensional villain in 13 odd movies, which isn't a great track record.

Last edited:
I'd like some X-Men figures beyond Wolverine. BUUUTTTT it probably won't happen sadly. :(

If I'd said I loved it....would that have been an opinion spoiler? Just for my future reference....

Spoiler Spoiler:

It's kind of easy for Marvel though to produce the Spidey they did in CW because they already have the two previous incarnations to go by. Many thought Tobey was a perfect Peter and an okay Spidey, where as Andrew was a an average Peter, but a good Spidey. So all Marvel had to do was get a geeky looking guy like Tobey to be a good Peter and then add the wise cracking of Andrew's Spidey and presto, the perfect Spider-Man. However this was just a small role and it won't be to the actual solo film till we see how they handle the character on his own.

After watching this movie
Spoiler Spoiler:

It's kind of easy for Marvel though to produce the Spidey they did in CW because they already have the two previous incarnations to go by. Many thought Tobey was a perfect Peter and an okay Spidey, where as Andrew was a an average Peter, but a good Spidey. So all Marvel had to do was get a geeky looking guy like Tobey to be a good Peter and then add the wise cracking of Andrew's Spidey and presto, the perfect Spider-Man. However this was just a small role and it won't be to the actual solo film till we see how they handle the character on his own.
All they have to do is expand on what they did. If the character worked as well as he did in a small part in Civil War I have to think we're in for a treat with Homecoming.

I think the best moment of the movie belongs to

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think the best moment of the movie belongs to

Spoiler Spoiler:
I did like that scene, I was wondering when they would fit that character in.

After the film, I think mainly want an Apocalypse now. Such a cool-looking design onscreen and I feel that the promos haven't really done it enough justice.

Just saw the film and I enjoyed it.

I'd love to see a Magneto, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Apocalypse, Quicksilver and Psylocke. It's a shame we probably wont get any licensed HT figures from the film. Hopefully some company will make the unlicensed versions at least.

I really want a figure of this, it's a damn shame we'll have to wait until the next movie to see it in action.

tumblr_o6fc3tuXDv1qi5ydvo1_1280.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Psylocke either. #schwinggg

I really want a figure of this, it's a damn shame we'll have to wait until the next movie to see it in action.

tumblr_o6fc3tuXDv1qi5ydvo1_1280.jpg

I wouldn't mind a Psylocke either. #schwinggg

I think they'll come up with a new costume instead. They always do, don't they?

Also, a little deja vu with AOU maybe? :lol

Just saw the film and I enjoyed it.

I'd love to see a Magneto, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Apocalypse, Quicksilver and Psylocke. It's a shame we probably wont get any licensed HT figures from the film. Hopefully some company will make the unlicensed versions at least.

Disagree, I bet we'll get a Wolverine.

I don't know if we'll get anything from the film. While Wolverine is in it there's not much to him in terms of an interesting outfit. We know we probably won't get any other characters so I bet we won't see figures from Hot Toys for this film.

So much to like visually about the characters in this movie... It really is a shame we won't see most of it in 1/6th.

Back