Why no Terminator 3 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's a "T3" and this "Salvation" stuff you guys are talking about?

What's a "T3" and this "Salvation" stuff you guys are talking about?

two-cocks-head-to-head-john-breen.jpg

I saw t3 in the theater and hated it,then I watched it again on tv and thought its not that bad,they replay al the time now on tv and the more times I watched it the more I started to like it.I don't think its as good as t2 or t1 but it still is good.

T3 was complete garbage the action was so over the top it was unbelievable plus he should of been more beat up getting thrown thru a couple brick buildings. The story loosely followed the origins of the first 2 nick stale was horrible. The only good thing was the effects that Winston did.

Salvation I thought was a step up from t3 it was different and at least attempted to follow the original story. Still it was kinda blah. They changed the t800 design and idk how Conner didn't die with getting stabbed in the heart.

Terminator 3 for president!!!! Greatest movie that ever existed!!!

Wooooo! Yeah!!! Terminator 3!!!

T3 never gave you the feeling the characters were in any serious danger, you knew Arnie was going to get 'beat up' and killed and Connor would survive. The only thing that wasn't obvious was how they'd kill off the bad Terminator (TX) until a few minutes before hand. At least with Salvation there was a fresh approach, they just couldn't get the story right or tie it into Cameron's furure scenes look from the first two films.

Regardless of whether T3 was any good or not or how much I did or did not like it, I still would like to get a T-X from HT. I liked the T-X design and I think it would look cool as a 1/6th figure. I liked Salvation but I only got the Marcus Wright figure since it wasn't my favorite Terminator movie and I think the T-X fig would be a good representation of TS on my shelf next to my HT Endoskeleton and Marcus Wright.

Regardless of whether T3 was any good or not or how much I did or did not like it, I still would like to get a T-X from HT. I liked the T-X design and I think it would look cool as a 1/6th figure. I liked Salvation but I only got the Marcus Wright figure since it wasn't my favorite Terminator movie and I think the T-X fig would be a good representation of TS on my shelf next to my HT Endoskeleton and Marcus Wright.

:exactly:...

There was so much about this film that I didn't like. What finished it off for me was the comedy BOING noises in the crane chase sequence.

I used to own a little T3 merchandise, but it is all gone now. I just pretend T3 does not exist now.

It definitely wasn't a good follow-up to T2 for me. It had some good element but the whole thing just didn't mesh together as a whole. TS seemed to suffer the same fate. But I know people that love both films. Some people only consider The Terminator as the only film worth watching. :dunno

Personally, I also think that T3 sucked big time for several reasons :
- The TX wasn't worthy of the T-1000
- The entire movie was a bad rehash of the 2nd movie (the chase sequences in T1 and T2 were exciting / those featured in T3 were boring to say the least)
- The punchlines were awful ("talk to the hand" : WTF!!!?)
- The atmosphere of previous movies was totally absent (the elevator music composed by Beltrami wasn't helping...)
- The movie completely contradicts the message of T1 and T2 (the future is not set in stone) by establishing that no matter what you do, Judgement Day is coming...

After that, I lost faith in the Terminator franchise (I didn't watch TS or TSCC as a result ). To me, the franchise consists in 2 great movies. Period. Let it rest in peace.

The first 2 movies were arguably enough... Hollywood needs an enema. :lol

One thing that bothered me about T3 is that so much of it took place during the day. In the first two films, I liked the feeling of isolation surrounding the main characters during their attempts to run and hide from the baddie when much of the city was asleep.

Also, so much of Winston's beautiful design of the T-X endo was wasted. We hardly got to see her in her robot form.

Back