1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Sideshow tank commander could potentially be pretty cool. I really like their snowtrooper commander

Yep, I threw Bodhi in there, as he would have completed "Rogue One".

Obviously left out Two-Tubes and Bistan. Definite acquisitions as well!

In order on my wish-list...Krennic is 3rd because I don't have a Death Trooper in my collection.

-Cassian
-Baze
-Krennic
-Tank Commander
-Bodhi

I'm surprised HT hasn't released the others, haven't the current ones sold out, they sold really well. So we all have these half collections out there!
Count me in buying the others when they get released....

In order on my wish-list...Krennic is 3rd because I don't have a Death Trooper in my collection.

-Cassian
-Baze
-Krennic
-Tank Commander
-Bodhi

I could easily see HT doing a solo Krennic as well as a deluxe two pack with a Deathtrooper like they did with Tarkin and Vader. I too passed on a Deathtrooper because of the lack of Krennic, so I know I’d go for a two pack.

I also passed on Rouge One as we didn’t get the full team. All or nothing there for me. I did get K2, but I see those droids being used more in the future so he can easily be generic imperial droid if need be.

Hopefully with the year and a half year gap between films we can see some holes filled in on RO.

I also passed on Rouge One as we didn’t get the full team. All or nothing there for me.

This mentality doesn't work in this hobby. We think we are sending a message, but the actual message is: There is no demand for this franchise. The truth is we are only hurting ourselves. We need to think like a cold calculating machine that only reads numbers and nothing else. Like for example, everyone holding out on ordering the Justice League figures until they announce Cyborg. Or how everyone held out for The Lone Ranger. It doesn't work like that. If you care one iota about a franchise- you gotta throw money at it. Otherwise its gonna wither and die. They judge demand by how well products sell or rather the pre-orders.

I'd use the Vulture as evidence. When they first started promoting Spiderman Homecoming, they had 4 products Spiderman, Home made suit, Mark 47 and Power pose. They all sold well. The only reference to Vulture was an exclusive helmet. Throughout the entire promotion didn't mention him. They could have released a teaser pic and said "Hey look at what we're working on, stay tuned!" Or they could've said "The Spiderman film is a huge hit, more collectibles are in the works." but they didn't. Because there were no plans to make Vulture. Now Homecoming is over, why go back? Because they looked at the numbers and said "Wait this was a strong seller, what else can we make?" Also I think its a 'big project' and HT likes their big projects (Rhino, Tie Fighter, BvS Batmobile, The Bat, Millennium Falcon) But those were done to promote films and this film is over with. Which makes me think they intend to sell it. who knows

I get that, but on the other hand, HT needs to show us a commitment to a line/team to get us to buy into it. Cyborg is a great example. They showed us a complete Justice League. It’s up to the collectors to support the line enough to get them all. We were never shown a full Rogue One. Even with Baze, we were 2 characters short. Currently, we only got 3 of the six and not even a good natural pairing between them. Cassian would have created a good pair with Jyn and/or K2 and Baze paired with Chirrut. Bodie really is just needed to complete the team.

I’d take Two Tubes, Moroff, Bistan and Pao before Bodhi. Okay character but such a boring character design.

Character design was epic with Bodhi ! Who else wears goggles on their head like that ? :lol

But seriously I'd take any or all of those as well. Two Tubes, Moroff, Bistan and Pao. Who knows maybe in another 40 years they'll become epic and someone will make them. I won't be 100 by then, so I'll still be up for them !! Stayin alive just to finish the line :lol

Sigh. Marvel again. No SW announcement. This is getting bitter pretty fast for today's SW/DC fan.

Sigh. Marvel again. No SW announcement. This is getting bitter pretty fast for today's SW/DC fan.

Yep, but fortunately I'm not in with Black Panther stuff, so money saved :lol

Maybe something SW later in the week ??

If SW it would be either Jango Fett or Cody, or Cody 2 pack with Airborn trooper. Dont expect something like ESB Lando

I want Leia Bespin to go up asap.

Maybe at some point we will see these 3 RO figures.

It seems like we get one hot Toys Star Wars preorder a month. Maul was July, so we are due. I hope it’s leia bespin but I doubt we get a leia until old leia ships. I’m all cloned out still from ss, so I hope it’s something else. Baze would be a great surprise for those of us that have chirrut.

It seems like we get one hot Toys Star Wars preorder a month. Maul was July, so we are due. I hope it’s leia bespin but I doubt we get a leia until old leia ships. I’m all cloned out still from ss, so I hope it’s something else. Baze would be a great surprise for those of us that have chirrut.

I also came up with the one SW per month (after looking at last year I believe it was). However since they started with PT it looks like it could be 6 OT / year and 6 PT / year.

If we just look at OT pre-orders this year we've had Fett, Emperor and the Imperial Guard. So that leaves 3 more in theory. Who knows how much Solo will factor into that equation ?

BTW there have been 5 PT figures go up for order to date. Obi-Wan, Yoda, Anakin, Dooku, Maul. Maybe the end of the year will be OT heavy :pray::pray:

ht list.jpg

I think there are currently 13 1/6 SW figures that has PO. I wonder is there is a number on how many HTs keep on PO before announcing new SW POs.

I think there are currently 13 1/6 SW figures that has PO. I wonder is there is a number on how many HTs keep on PO before announcing new SW POs.

Yeah they must have a rough rule of thumb I guess. Although with IW and all the Marvel stuff it probably changes year to year. Also any given movie (whatever franchise) may bomb or suck and then the number of figures for that movie may be less than planned. So a lot of variables I guess.

No doubt Howard has his list of characters he'd like from older films like Star Wars OT + PT and works his way through however long it takes.

Back