1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

That would definitely be hilarious! I would be laughing all the way through the check-out process... Then cry out, "What have I done?!" Only to hear the wife say, "you ordered from Sideshow again, Dear?..."

Yeah, I think I'd be exactly the same. Although it would be a very hard bridge to cross.

I am surprised there aren't custom Krennic sculpts yet. However who am I kidding, decent custom sculpts are way too expensive generally anyway.

I'm surprised Sideshow don't jump on characters people want that for some reason Ht won't do like krennic, baze, lando, ackbar, veers, snoke, etc

Instead they do rotj luke in direct competition with Ht

Compared to the world, only a few would drop this amount of money on an action figure. Krennic would draw alot more excitement in the community than just another Luke.

I think its also worth noting that a lot of people outside our hobby assume sideshow and hot toys are one in the same. I've worked a lot of shows all over and you run into people all the time that aren't aware theres a difference.

I'm sure sideshow capitalizes on that misunderstanding.

I really do think they would do best making companion pieces to the Hot Toys figures though.

I'm surprised Sideshow don't jump on characters people want that for some reason Ht won't do like krennic, baze, lando, ackbar, veers, snoke, etc

Instead they do rotj luke in direct competition with Ht

I wonder if HTs are the ones not letting them make these figures. SSC can make a two tubes and people will buy!

Need ghostbuster Baze 'casue my Chirrut is lonely

Need Krennic as my Death Troopers need their master

..then Im done with RO, already pass Jyn, K2SO..and wont need Cassian

I don't see Baze making a comeback. I know they made a proto... but I just don't see it. RO isn't really going to be revisited again until a new generation of nostalgia kicks in... and that 15-20 years away.

But I still hope for Krennic. Only because of the reuse of his outfit. It's an easy build for HT to do.

Need more Imperial officers like Krennic and Veer (armored version), could easily reuse parts from Mudtrooper

I don't see Baze making a comeback. I know they made a proto... but I just don't see it. RO isn't really going to be revisited again until a new generation of nostalgia kicks in... and that 15-20 years away.

But I still hope for Krennic. Only because of the reuse of his outfit. It's an easy build for HT to do.

Sadly I agree, the one small glimmer of hope is that Baze survived Sideshows "Coming Soon" purge of 2018.

Even less people wanted complete line of bounty hunters. And they did them anyway. Characters with second of screen time and some eu appearance. Krennic is major character. Sideshow shouldn't hesitate and do it. I would be willing to pay that today's outrageous price for their barebone figure.

Even less people wanted complete line of bounty hunters. And they did them anyway. Characters with second of screen time and some eu appearance. Krennic is major character. Sideshow shouldn't hesitate and do it. I would be willing to pay that today's outrageous price for their barebone figure.
:goodpost:

And the bounty hunter line wasn't just 1 character, it was 5 (not including fett) with one second of screentime that not many asked for. Krennic is the main antagonist of probably the most liked disney film so far. Sideshow would be smart to make him.

Krennic is the main antagonist of probably the most liked disney film so far. Sideshow would be smart to make him.

Someone make him! Even if a third party bootleg company takes this on and he looks good... decent...
I’d probably buy it.

-Krennic
-Baze
-Tank Commander
-Cassian
-Bodhi

Yeah, I'd buy them.

I'd buy everyone but Bodhi.... well, if I got everyone else, then I guess I'd have to get Bodhi. I like that actor a lot but not so much that character.

Back