Why do people here insist on going to eBay for their items?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't get it, when you see something that is too good to be true...shouldn't you be thinking "that's too good to be true..."??

In this day and age we're all led to believe that our purchases are completely 100% screwed over proof....but with these douches that are always finding new and creative ways to screw someone over are exactly doing that...looking for new and creative ways to screw you over. And I notice that a lot coming from eBay.

Yo, if the suggested retail price is $200...and then you see someone, despite having extremely positive feedback, is selling this particular item for $145....I want you to step back, fire up those brain cells and think to yourself...."this sounds like a scam"....

Especially for items that are selling literally for an arm and a leg..y'know, the figures you wanted to buy for the past few years...when you see someone selling it at a price that is significantly lower than what everyone else is selling it at...yeah, think about it for a while.

I'm sorry if the item you were looking for has gone up in price OR if the new item is a bit too pricy for you to purchase right then and there...AND the item is sold out at many suggested retail stores. I'm sure there are other methods of obtaining that elusive figure...there's ALWAYS a way. But seriously, stay away from the bay man....I've heard nothing but bad stuff over there when it comes down to HT figs.

I've made hundreds of ebay purchases over the years and never have been scammed, it only takes some research and above all common sense to tell what is genuine and what isn't. It's not rocket science.

I'm with rev, done hundreds of deals on the bay and only had one minor hiccup that was easily resolved. Usually save an average of $25 bucks or more getting some figures or 1/6 items through them. Over time that adds up to quite a bit of change. I've found the only time you tend to have issues is when you sell stuff and don't make your listing idiot proof.

Granted, forums should be no way to gauge all of eBay, but I just feel terrible for the ones that get screwed over there. I end up reading a few threads or random posts where some people just get scammed...more than once!

Its unfortunate...it's like someone constantly getting mugged in the same alley over and over again...stop walking in that alley dude!!!

There is no other way for a lot of folk. At least Ebay and PayPal offer decent protection (actually too good sometimes) as opposed to buying a figure in hope from a random on a Toy forum.

I just sold my Nick Fury who was mint and 2 months old and someone grabbed him for $157. That's a saving of almost $70 on figure that's basically brand new.

You just have to know what to look for. Dumb people get scammed because they are dumb, not because Ebay is fraud paradise.

I've had good and bad experience with eBay. One seller didn't come through and fortunately eBay sent my money back. But got a good deal on my latest figure. the price was too good to be true!! The figure arrived and complete as was described..

I guess it's a hit or miss with buying in eBay.

Ive been happily using ebay for over 10 years as both a buyer and a seller. And ive only ever had problems as a seller when people dont pay me. i've never been scammed as a buyer.

So i dont appreciate being made to look like an idiot in some of the tones of the original post because i choose to buy from there.

I have used ebay for about 2-3 years for my 1/6 stuff with no hassle. I tend to get my little accesory stuff from sellers in China who do free P&P.
Always cool to get home and find a little box from China waiting for me.

The biggest risk on fleabay is the shafting you get from their ridiculous seller fees.

Ive been happily using ebay for over 10 years as both a buyer and a seller. And ive only ever had problems as a seller when people dont pay me. i've never been scammed as a buyer.

So i dont appreciate being made to look like an idiot in some of the tones of the original post because i choose to buy from there.

My bad man, it was never my intention. I don't wanna make enemies with fellow collectors. I just don't understand how some can get screwed over so easily with real obvious scams and letting those scammers get away with that BS.

I guess my frustration is stemming from the crap I see here in GZ china on a daily basis. I honestly feel bad for those that get screwed...but at the same time I'm scratching my head wondering if some are just that gullible, and then that leads to frustration.

I think it's just the inexperienced buying from ebay, realizing that just got scammed, then posting here "I just got scammed from...."

I understand some people have their go to person for pre-orders on ebay, but that idea is crazy balls to me.

Yeah I am one of the people that was scammed (got my money back) but fell for it none the less.... But here is the thing ...This week alone I got Two Face, Batman Begins Suit, Bank Robber Joker, AVP Chopper Predator, And Predator 2 Elder for just under $1000... All came in perfect condition and at a fraction of the cost I could have gotten them anywhere else..... Crazy like a fox I tell you!

I spent seven thousand dollars on negotiations through Ebay in 2012 only!

I never have a single one problem.

To be honest, I had ONE figure that was stolen on brazilian post office, and when I told the seller what happened, he sent me another figure, for free.

This is why I always make my purchases on ebay.

Back