Which Nolan Batman film is better of the two?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is better?

• Total voters
unfortunately i really could NOT get past the rushed and unsatisfactory resolution to harvey dent's arc. it felt shoehorned in to me. they did a great job setting up dent as a character. but not enough of 2 face. i felt once he had turned, there was still much his character had to offer.

Yeah, I have to agree with that. Maybe they could have ended his story at the hospital and then have him as 2 face for the entire 3rd movie.

No Monorail because Gordon blew it up!

City looks different because TDK took place in a different part of the city.

Nuff said.

Wow this poll hasn't changed much in terms of votes, I really thought it would have been closer.

As for the "looks" of both films I really am convinced it was Nolans strategy to give the first film the look of disspare from crime and the sequel the look of balance and hope.

Darkness and then Light.

Wow this poll hasn't changed much in terms of votes, I really thought it would have been closer.

As for the "looks" of both films I really am convinced it was Nolans strategy to give the first film the look of disspare from crime and the sequel the look of balance and hope.

Darkness and then Light.

That too. But what I was trying to say is that it didn't strike me as two different cities. I felt the look of Gotham was fairly consistant. It wasn't like when we went from Burton's dark and gothic Gotham to Schumacher's bright and neon Gotham :rolleyes:

That too. But what I was trying to say is that it didn't strike me as two different cities. I felt the look of Gotham was fairly consistant. It wasn't like when we went from Burton's dark and gothic Gotham to Schumacher's bright and neon Gotham :rolleyes:

Oh yeah totally and I don't think many would have that impression. I think maybe BB had more night exterior shots compared to TDK, maybe thats what gives BB the edge over TDK for me.

I guess i'm a sucker for "Dark" movies :D

it didn't strike me as two different cities. I felt the look of Gotham was fairly consistant.

Exactly, and like any city, it has it's shady areas and it's nice areas. Good example I know of is Springfield, MA, there are parts of that city you couldn't pay me to go into, even in daylight, and then just on the other side of the city you can find some beautiful suburbia looking spots that'll make you shake your head like, what the hell.

Gotham is a grand city, and for story and visuals, I think Nolan wanted to explore more in TDK.

The issue for some people watching the two is that in Nolan's Gotham, the light side is very every day, it's the dark side that is more otherworldly. We never really saw much of the light side of Gotham in Begins, basically the narrows and Wayne manor, so it built this image that this is Gotham for people, but it's not, it's only part of the city, with TDK presenting the rest. I'm sure part 3 will show both sides and we'll get a full vision of Gotham from one film instead of two.

I voted BB. For serveral reasons. First of all the introduction of batman was exciting and very well executed, I loved the look of Gotham ( DK gotham looked way too different, even though it was meant to be a different part of the city), I loved the tumbler scene where he is rushing home to get Rachel the Antidote, the film had more emotion ( I couldn't care less that rachel died in DK ) I thought the loss of his parnets was very moving and Michael Cain was excellent as the Sympathetic butler. Finally I loved the part where he calls for backup and all the bats come flying around.

I think DK was a superb film and the performances were great but for me it felt like it was set somewhere else. Also Harvey/2Face plot was rushed towards the end. I also hated the boat scene, felt like it belonged in a saw movie and the acting in that scene was horrendous.

Just my opinion.

Nuff said.

no, gordon only blew up part of the monorail in bb. in the flashback scenes where young bruce is taking the monorail with his parents, it clearly shows the monorail runs thru most major parts of the city. its absence is conspicuous in tdk.

anyway, as i said in an earlier post, my problem with gotham in tdk isn't so much that it looks inconsistent. but it looks just like any other big american city like chicago (where tdk was shot). it has NO presence, where else in bb gotham had a more distinctive look, and therefore had a certain cinematic presence.

I like the dark knight the best the story line and acting are great and no katie holmes to mess up the movie.

Billy

I like the dark knight the best the story line and acting are great and no katie holmes to mess up the movie.

Billy

I thought Katie did a good job. She was much better than the new one (I don't even know her name.. oops.)

I dident like katie's acting in the movie she seemed so fake in it and She was very annoying.

Billy

TDK wins easily for me, though they both fell a part at one part in each, BB when Gotham was overcome by the Drug & TDK when the boats where taken hostage (both drag me out of the storyline too much). I just thought the extras in those scenes brought the movies down..... they seemed kinda corny like the scenes in Spiderman when Spidey rescues a train or cable cars...really lame acting by the extras.

Begins was ruined by that guy at the end who kept on saying 'it's gonna blow':duh

The pressure's moving along the mains,blowing the pipes.

If that pressure reaches us......the water supply right across
the whole city is gonna blow!

We're on top of the main hub and it's gonna blow.

we get it. IT'S GONNA BLOW!:banghead

Nuff said.

The absence of the monorail in TDK is huge, and a little explanation like that doesn't cut it. Gordon blew up a section of it. It sprawled throughout most of the city. What about all the trains? What about the countless stations and their jobs? Just because part of the track blows up, doesn't mean all the left over resources go to waste. And with wayne enterprises being the ones who funded the project in the first place, and considering its purposes, you'd think it'd be one of Bruce's top priorities in fixing the thing after a tiny portion of it blows up.

Back