Which Nolan Batman film is better of the two?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one is better?

• Total voters

Voorhees27

Super Freak
Reaction score
What in your opinion is the "better" film or the one you prefer to watch more of the two?

As much as I love The Dark Knight and the power of that film I still prefer Batman Begins as the "better" film. Just barely.

Batman Begins 10/10
TDK 9.5/10

This is similar to how I feel about T1 and T2 but I always wanted to know what you guys and gals think.

TDK is better IMO. Better fight scenes and Heath puts it over the top. BB was a great origin film though. Close but TDK wins.

I do love both films a lot, and before The Dark Knight came along I thought Batman Begins was the absolute definitive Batman film. However, The Dark Knight just blew the already great Batman Begins out of the water and became the best film of last year.

I voted The Dark Knight. Everything about that movie is awesome. I have it on my Ipod and have been watching it most everyday for a week. My wife is getting tired of me walking round the house saying in a gruff voice " I'm not wearing hockey pads". and if I can't find my keys or slippers I growl at her "where are they!"
Ledger was just unforgettable as the Joker, Eckhart was awesome, Gary Oldman was outstanding, and Bale was brilliant as ever. this is one of the few movies that I don't think I willl ever get tired of. :rock

Begins. It had just the right mix of realism and fantasy. Liam Neeson was great. Loved the whole secret ninja society stuff.

TDK has some really stellar acting performances, but I found the actual plot a bit bland. That whole boat sequence was awful. I've yet to re-watch it.

Begins. It had just the right mix of realism and fantasy. Liam Neeson was great. Loved the whole secret ninja society stuff.

TDK has some really stellar acting performances, but I found the actual plot a bit bland. That whole boat sequence was awful. I've yet to re-watch it.

Wow I loved that scene. Esp when Zeus takes the detonator and throws it out. I thought it was cheesy, but powerful nonetheless.

I gotta say TDK. I like it more not just cause of Ledger's performance buy because in Batman Begins you spent the whole movie finding out who Bruce Wayne was and how he got to become Batman. And in TDK you already knew who Batman/Bruce Wayne were so the movie just picked up with the story being focused on the city/Joker and you got to see character development in Gordon and Fox that you didn't get to see in Batman Begins.

I ended up voting TDK, but as others have mentioned, it is a very tough decision. I really wanted to vote Begins. It establishes the world in which Batman exists, shows how he becomes Batman, shows the relationship develop between Bats and Gordon. For me, however, TDK just has a little bit more "umphh" to it. From the performances, incredible villians, great set pieces, to the excellent depiction of the relationships between Bats and Joker, and the big trio of Bats, Gordon, and Dent, it just seems to pop a bit more.

Begins is one of the best origin stories for a superhero I have seen in a movie. TDK is as close to a perfect storm in terms of story, acting, pacing, and action, that I have seen when it comes to comic book movies.

Back