Which HT figures disappointed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So of the figures currently out or on Pre order..whom would you replace to get one from your list? They can only do so many.

Personally I would cut Chitari warrior for Doc Oc or Ra's Al ghul

I say ditch Prometheus and bring on the 3 remaining Sucker Punch girls.
Get rid of Leslie Cheung,who ever he is and bring on Pepper Potts.
Those stupid Power Pose figures can take a hike and focus on Ra's al Ghul
Like I said this can go on forever!

disappointed for alien blue warrior joints,dog alien 3 joints and materials, MJ thriller change of the head in last minute, indy head dx, hahahahah first joker mms head sculpt......
I super agree too about the missing eliah:slap:gah::gah::gah:

Personally as harsh as this sounds 70% of them are disappointing some guys might think I'm stupid for saying this but here it goes essentially your buying the same figure with minor up grades over and over... I love the jokers and the godfather and some of the other work but really iron man like 6+ of them I like ironman but personally I'm getting bored of every release being ironman they need to bring something new to the table.

We know it won't be a horror line but maybe something new cause lets face it we all know that next year there will be at least another 3 ironmans...... We need something fresh. Sorry if my rant offends anyone as a collector I'm losing a passion because the lack of decent models coming from hot toys they all seem to be the same people.

picture.php

:monkey5 :naughty

Every Hot Toys I've ever bought. I don't think I've kept one in my collection permanently.

When you hit the 'edit' button there is an option to 'delete' there also - hit the delete button then hit the radio button labelled "delete message" :)

Thank you for the heads up kind Sir. I can't seem to find a delete option still. Could it be down to my account not ahving the privilege?:dunno

The Mark V. Paint was a boring flat gray and the entire sculpt was just too skinny. Its the only time I received a figure and really felt like I paid too much. He felt like a $40 off-the-shelf toy.

First, and only, figure I've ever returned to Sideshow.

The silver paint was a big disappointment. I am hopeful that this new die-cast line will bring us a Mark V 2.0 with real chrome metal finish.

Almost all figures disappoint because of quality lack in handcraft. They look great but break if you even look at them. Rubber issues and the fading of color on Captain Americas shield? Come on, chemistry is not that difficult nowadays. I don't like this kind of marketing. In case of certain figures I also was dissappointed by Mark V, but also from Mark II unleashed because his legs can't move very much (like Mark V).
I also think that the Avenger figures got more worse with every release due to time pressure. The first ones were really great, but Lokis face which I cared most about is not very close to the pictures on toy fairs and so on. Above all the painting is boring. And the Mark VII has so many inaccurancy I don't even want to talk about that (regarding the fact that he is based on a 3D-rendering directly from the movie...)

Too many to list since i'm pretty picky. Surprised nobody has listed the dark knight rises batman. Always had a really oval head and skinny neck...looks like a bobble head to me compared to the movie.

Should look like this:
NEsDSwtCFRMpwz_1_1.jpg

Instead looks like this:
tdkbats.jpg

I love my HT figures. I'm only disappointed if there are QC issues. BTW, I have the DX12 and don't have any complaints.

For the DX12, the chest and arms needed to be a little bigger and he would have been near perfect (for me anyway), but I can't really say that is a disappointment. I was actually disappointed with the DX 12's accessories more. I feel like the EMP gun and Sticky bomb gun are too undersized and I can't display him with either without freaking out after a few minutes. To me you can only display him one of three ways:

1) Without any weapons, either museum style or in a fighting pose

2) Throwing something, either batarang or bomb

3) With the grappling gun

Overall, I would say the biggest dissapointment with Hot Toys is the cost to value ratio. I don't neccessarily mind paying the raising costs, but I don't feel like I'm really getting my money's worth. I really wish most figures would come with a few more accessories than they do. I'm not expecting they come with everything under the sun, but I kind of wish that after I set a figure up, that I had a few more things left over then just a couple of hands.

Disappointed = Any Hot Toys with an RRP of over $229.99.
(I am talking standard 12 inch figure, not your Iron mongers, Hulks or 2 pack Bespin Lukes)

Too many to list since i'm pretty picky. Surprised nobody has listed the dark knight rises batman. Always had a really oval head and skinny neck...looks like a bobble head to me compared to the movie.

Should look like this:
NEsDSwtCFRMpwz_1_1.jpg

Instead looks like this:
tdkbats.jpg

Well there's a pretty good reason for that considering that's the DX02 and not the DX12 Rises figure. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Should look like this:

Instead looks like this:
tdkbats.jpg

Def the DX-02

To compare, here's my DX-12

icFZySs.jpg

I think the Batsuit on the magazine looks pretty silly too. It's a bad design honestly. The only disappointment with the figure is the eyes, otherwise I can't really blame Hot Toys. That is a hard figure

Well there's a pretty good reason for that considering that's the DX02 and not the DX12 Rises figure. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

:lol Yup! The DX-12 is leaps and bounds an improvement over the DX02 and the MMS. I had to replace the bodies on those with the DX12. HUGE difference.

The DX12 is leaps and bounds in quality over the DX2. DX2 was impressive for it's time. Unfortunately, I have a couple of figures that have disappointed due to qc issues and others that just were outright disappointing. Here's a couple:

-DX1 Joker: roughly a year after I got him, I was changing the pers to match a new pose on my shelf. Wth! The eyes stopped moving. Opened up the head to see shards of plastic. Strange coincidence that the DX Joker 2.0 came up for PO a week after pers broke.:rotfl

-TF Batsuit Begins Batman/Bruce Wayne: hyped to be ridiculously limited with the crazy flippers in HK hiring maids & whatnot buying multiples. PO open for months afterword. Cool figure but the ankle joint in the boot breaks up into shards.Can't stand on it's own anymore.

-DX Indy: Proto looked pretty good with many hoping for a resculpt before release. Many hoped it would be definitive. Released with weird sunken in eyes and eyeliner. The likeness is so close and really off at the same time.

-Berserker Predator: The body felt like a NECA figure. The sculpting and detail was amazing but that Predator body just seemed a bit too similar to what NECA does with Predator. I don't mean to put NECA down. They make great stuff, but I want my $200 purchase leagues in quality above what you can get for $20.

I am more often wowed by their offerings than not. Their likenesses have raised the bar for the whole industry. With the right lighting and a good photographer, these figures can stand in for movie stills. I even have figures for movies that I downright loathe just because they're so damn impressive! (Specifically, DX Jack Sparrow & Nic Cage Ghost Rider) I only really get disappointed when there's a qc issue that tarnishes my appreciation of the figure or some releases that seem like they're phoning it in. Btw, sorry for the long post.

Yeah I was just lazy and found that picture online but to my eyes I still see bobble-head even on the dx-12. Been waiting for a good representation of Batman in 1/6 forever. Might have to go 1/4 to get my fix.

If I go that route, I will have to decide between the EB 1/4 scale Begins and the HT 1/4 Rises. EB has so many complaints posted about them but their head sculpts are second to none.

I'm also on the Indiana Jones boat though. I wanted so much to like that figure....if only the face sculpt was just a little bit better. :pfft:

On a side note, looking back at my HT collection the quality has really improved by quantum leaps in the last couple of years. So I guess the majority of my figures are disappointments to me! :rotfl

Back