Best Overall HT Henry Cavill Superman Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverStar17

Super Freak
Reaction score
So now that Henry’s time as the Man of Steel has sadly apparently come to an end, I just thought I’d create a thread out of curiosity as to what everyone’s opinions were as to what the best overall HT HC Supes figure is. Stock with no mods.

My vote is MoS. Boasts the sculpt with the best HC likeness and is the only one that doesn’t have the same recycled sculpt over and over, and I like that particular suit design (sans the S glyph) the best.

Only major knock I feel is the thunder traps. But between it and the BvS Superman (the other one I have), MoS Supes has more shelf presence.

Last edited:
No mods, straight out of the box, I would say BvS for me personally even though MoS suit is my favorite. To me, there was a pretty decent jump in the way the suit was made from MoS to BvS as well as the use of the silver painted body. Only thing I disliked about it really were the thunder thighs and lack of heat vision sculpt

Last edited:
All figures were great. But if HT decided to make one more figure the ideal version would be the Black Adam one. It's a repainted MOS suit and he finally had the curl on his hair like he should have had to begin with.

Depends on what you mean by best. Best looking irrelevant of movie or most accurate to a movie?

Depends on what you mean by best. Best looking irrelevant of movie or most accurate to a movie?

Both. Both could be factors for why you feel it’s the best overall one. For instance the collar area on the MoS figure looks nowhere near how it did in MoS, which would be a negative obviously, but I still think there’s plus sides to the figures for me that outweigh that. Whereas BvS for instance looks closer to how it actually looked in the movie, but I don’t think the sculpt nor the suit design are as good as the MoS one.

Personally I like the colors and overall look of the BvS Superman best, however I purchased the Justice League version because I didn't want to deal with the potential of that brownish spot appearing. That said, I am very happy with the Justice League figure, the suit color is the most similar to the look I remember Superman having in the comics and the body looks really good except for some slight asymmetry of the shoulders and his thighs are probably a bit too thick.

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of people connect bright colours with hope. I don't relate.
Same. Brighter colors for Superman don’t correlate to me as being more hopeful and happy, etc. Maybe it’s b/c I love the animated series, Lois and Clark Superman, Cavill’s suits and even Superman Returns which all have darker pallets than the brighter, Reeve look.

Last edited:
Both. Both could be factors for why you feel it’s the best overall one. For instance the collar area on the MoS figure looks nowhere near how it did in MoS, which would be a negative obviously, but I still think there’s plus sides to the figures for me that outweigh that. Whereas BvS for instance looks closer to how it actually looked in the movie, but I don’t think the sculpt nor the suit design are as good as the MoS one.

Okay. Yeah, I do prefer the Man of Steel suit design in the movies slightly more but not on the Hot Toys. The collar, the height, the colour of the suit, cape and boots aren't right. The collar mod makes or breaks it. If it had to stay stock I'm not sure I'd even own it I find it that ridiculous. I did the mod within 30 minutes of getting it.

The head sculpts vary. None are perfect. I prefer the BvS/JL one, just.

I would say the JL Hot Toys looks most like the suit does during filming during BvS. The black suit is very cool, not 'super' accurate but I think it is a difficult one to do.

I'd say the BvS one best represents the movies the most. That is what is most important to me as that is the whole reason I own them. I also think it is the best one overall and needs the least doing to it.

Same. Brighter colors for Superman don’t correlate to me as being more hopeful and happy, etc. Maybe it’s b/c I love the animated series, Lois and Clark Superman, Cavill’s suits and even Superman Returns which all have darker pallets than the brighter, Reeve look.

Indeed. I hear it a lot. The Batman seems to be all about hope at the end of his last movie, what does he have to wear next so the audience believes him?

Okay. Yeah, I do prefer the Man of Steel suit design in the movies slightly more but not on the Hot Toys. The collar, the height, the colour of the suit, cape and boots aren't right. The collar mod makes or breaks it. If it had to stay stock I'm not sure I'd even own it I find it that ridiculous. I did the mod within 30 minutes of getting it.

The head sculpts vary. None are perfect. I prefer the BvS/JL one, just.

I would say the JL Hot Toys looks most like the suit does during filming during BvS. The black suit is very cool, not 'super' accurate but I think it is a difficult one to do.

I'd say the BvS one best represents the movies the most. That is what is most important to me as that is the whole reason I own them. I also think it is the best one overall and needs the least doing to it.

I’d agree the BvS one probably best represents Cavill’s Superman in the DCEU as an aggregate whole, being that it also represents the Knightmare angle.

As far as the filming for BvS goes, I’ve seen some production photos where the suit looks a bit brighter like the JL suit, and then others where it looks a bit darker.

I have both the MoS and BvS figures.

I’d agree the BvS one probably best represents Cavill’s Superman in the DCEU as an aggregate whole, being that it also represents the Knightmare angle.

As far as the filming for BvS goes, I’ve seen some production photos where the suit looks a bit brighter like the JL suit, and then others where it looks a bit darker.

I have both the MoS and BvS figures.

The lighting on the suit really changes how the blue looks from picture to picture.

I have Mos and BvS too.

JL is amazing, it's my fave. The ZSJL black suit is also outstanding.

But then again, tbh those are the only ones I own! Judging from what I see online though I'm pretty sure if I have MoS and BvS in hand I'd still feel that way.

I'd actually kind of like to see InArt make a BvS Superman. I do like the dark blue of that suit.

I have black suit displayed with the entire JL team (still waiting on Cyborg but hopefully won't be too much longer). With Batfleck in the Tac Suit. And the JL colored suit I plan to pair with BvS standard suit Batman and Soosoo's Titan's Robin for a kind of "what if" World's Finest trio display.

FC477670-61E1-4358-9761-4E36526CA2E3.jpeg

01.jpg

Last edited:
Back