Which HT figures disappointed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've only been collecting Hot Toys for about a year, and it seems like pretty much everything they've come out with since then has been amazing. Seems like everyone loves all of the Avengers and TDKR figures (I only collect super heroes, so don't keep track of Terminator, Predator etc).

I'm just curious, what are some of the figures that people were disappointed in when they were released?

this isn't a disappointment, but if you have any little like/respect for prediator, the Samurai prediator is a true work of art, literally, and it photographs NICELY, the power pose of him yelling with his mandibles open gasping a recently severed head of an alien, standing over his corpse was just awesome to behold, now the disappointment was HT made the severed head multiple colors which PO'd alot of ppl, but when it was in hand, you can't really complain cause of its sheer awesomeness - my only major complaint is my ironman mark II breaks easy, up to 3 pieces broke on him, he was my first ht, after him i learned quickly how delicate they can be. i feel like i typed to much here, must be very bored , lol and yet im still going on, /end

Disappointed not on a particular figure but just their QC in general. I've had imperfections and minor breakages right out of the box on IM mk II, CA First Avenger, DX10 T800, and now DX11 Joker. For what they charge these should not happen. At least not too often.

Well , i've never bought a figure i didn't like or want , so i can't really say anything bad .

However i have gotten figures in trades that i never planned on buying that i thought were awesome.

CR Superman
Black Spidey
Art Figures Stefat Seagal

The only thing i can think of off hand would be the lack of accessories & or extra clothing for Bane , he is Hot Toys top 3 best figure IMO

Yes. Hot toys has some serious quality control issues. Of the 6 figures I have, only two have had no issues right out of the package. The "S" on my superman was cracked, Nick Fury's leg holster fell apart, the lettering on Hawkeye's stand was smeared, Cyberdyde Terminator had some issues with the packaging and I warped the leather on his jacket from my death grip trying to get one of his hands on the wrist peg. Captain America is ok so far but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the paint on his shield starts flaking off. My Black Widow was fine.

Suckerpunch Amber figure.
The head sculpt just doesn't resemble the actress at all.
I think the figure would have sold more if they did a great job on the face.

of the 10+ hot toys i've bought, only bane arrived with his vest glued all crooked (which was a quick fix), my bank robber joker has a trick knee, and my dx01 has a wiggly ankle.

so all in all, i feel like the quality has been top notch and i haven't been disappointed in anything i have bought yet.

: D

Love my Mark VI, but felt they could have added more weight (somehow) to it. And TFA Captain America had to be my biggest disappointment with that flaking paint issue on the shield.

Otherwise, I've been very pleased with my HT figures, with the DX 09 being the most impressive imo.

I can be disappointed sometimes in the way it can be one step forward and one step back with Hot Toys. The DX10 T-800 greatly improved the head/body proportions over the MMS117 T-800 and yet it made the neck, already too bulky on 117, even more bulky again to the point of looking like a horses neck and just not natural at all, even for Arnie. And the way the head sits on it just shows little effort to hide the fact that the two parts are seperate.

For me stuff like that....I don't know how Hot Toys reconciles going for extreme realism elsewhere and yet approving something like that.

I otherwise love the figure however.

Last edited:
Indiana Jones DX05 left me the most disappointed seeing as I was hoping for one since 2008. Horrifically awful sculpt, one of the absolute worst out of HT's recent efforts. The extras would have been great if several of them weren't already released years before with the Sideshow figure. The body was just a stupid choice since it was nothing like Fords frame. One blunder after another for what should have been an iconic grail figure for many people, myself included.

Last edited:
I've owned a lot of HT figures over the years and the only one that absolutely unequivocally disappointed me was the Toy Fairs OC Batman Begins suit....I sold that POS after about a week of owning it and bought mms67 instead...

I've owned a lot of HT figures over the years and the only one that absolutely unequivocally disappointed me was the Toy Fairs OC Batman Begins suit....I sold that POS after about a week of owning it and bought mms67 instead...

till this day, after having read the QC issues, I still thank God that I didn't buy that figure (at such a steep price too!). A shame though, I thought it had a pretty good Bale sculpt and would have been a nice set for those who didn't get the chance to buy the OC version back in 2008.

I haven't been disappointed in any HT figure I've actually bought, but I've passed on a couple I would otherwise have really wanted because they fell short:

- Indiana Jones - awful sculpt
- Inglourious Basterds - sculpts great, expressions awful

Indiana Jones. No way I was going to buy that mess. Absolute arse-pie.

Very disappointing though. Had they nailed the sculpt, I would have absolutely LOVED one of these in my Indy collection.

Back