Which HT figures disappointed?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a fan at all of "hidden articulation" if it reduces the articulation of the figure.

they're figures, not statues. they need to be able to move.

So far, sideshow has done well with their muscle body.

thank god we've at least moved away from rubber bodies...

oh....
wait....
hulk.

:facepalm

Hulk has PVC arms.

and..

We know PVC is used a lot in pipe work. I looked up PVC and flexible PVC and everything I read basically said, PVC is often used underground ( pipe line, swimming pools, man made ponds, etc ) because of its resistance to deterioration. One article I read said they used flixible PVC for an oil pipeline. And it lasted 10 years before deterioration started. And it usually won't start breaking down unless it reaches over 140 degrees.

If the arms are PVC, I won't be worried a bit!:wave

Great thread, only out of place (and I almost missed it since I don't frequent Marvel section as I don't have any 1/6 Marvel figure).

Anyway, I have been in the hobby for a mere 8 months, and though I was able to backtrack a few earlier HTs I almost missed, I had been very careful in considering what I must and mustn't get. Of those that I had on the "must get" list, the only disappointment was DX12.

On the other hand, it's nice that I'm happy with the rest I have in my collection so far, particularly with Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker, Reeve Superman, and Bane :)

And there it is. So the T-1000 or DX11 Joker aren't action figures? :dunno

Wasn't directed at you at all.

I was refering to the concept of "hidden" articulation that restricts the joints.

Do the Dx-11, or the t1000 have Craptastic Rubber bodies that are stiffer than the tolerence levels of the joints they cover? Becuase that's what i'm talking about. Think Phicen, Early Hot toys Rubber muscle bodies, or any other "noodle" figures. The Loss of articulation, and limits placed on the figures articulation ( don't pose it like this, or rubber will tear, etc) makes them less figures and more statues. The rubber suited figures are also offenders of this type, but to a lesser degree.

Hence my comment. these are action figures, not statues. Why even PUT articulation in it, if it barely works at all?

TO specificly adress your point about the necks, I look at it like this.

I have my preference, which is for Head and neck as separate pieces. as well as the neck being a separate piece from the torso. as this allows for a greater range of motion. HOWEVER, it's just a preference. I'll not let it get in the way, nor would it be a deciding factor in whither or not I pirchase a figure.

Now, to specificly address the Hulk.

I know ,it's PVC, not rubber. however, this actualy gives me more cause for alarm, as PVC can be stiffer.

But PVC can also be better... it all depends on the quality and type of the plastic.

I've ordered the hulk. I'm hoping I'm wrong about the arms being a hinderence. Ratcheting joints might be a way to fix that. Time will tell later this year. Though I'd have prefered the newer "predator" style arms.

I'm disappointed that Hot Toys has certain licenses and only makes a few figures.
I'm sure others can add to the list but a few off the top of my head.
No Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins
No Fox or Alfred from TDK
No Sweat Pea,Rocket or Blondie from Sucker Punch
No Elias from Platoon
No Pepper Potts from any Iron Man film...yet.
No one else from Predator other than Dutch & Billy
No one else from Predators except Royce and Noland(human figures)
No other Spiderman figures like Doc Oc or Green Goblin or Mary Jane
This list could go on for a long time.
I'm not disappointed with how the figures come out,I haven't had QC issues with any of them,no pink panties or leaking ooze.
Just let down they don't expand on their lines.

I'm disappointed that Hot Toys has certain licenses and only makes a few figures.
No Elias from Platoon
I'm not disappointed with how the figures come out,I haven't had QC issues with any of them,no pink panties or leaking ooze.

picture.php

Berserker predator and Nick Fury. And maybe the Avengers Captain America Chris Evans HS.

No Elias from Platoon
:1-1::goodpost::monkey2:exactly:

No Elias from Platoon

So of the figures currently out or on Pre order..whom would you replace to get one from your list? They can only do so many.

Personally I would cut Chitari warrior for Doc Oc or Ra's Al ghul

No Ra's al Ghul from Batman Begins - Would Sell
No Fox or Alfred from TDK - Alfred Might Sell, Fox Would Not
No Sweat Pea,Rocket or Blondie from Sucker Punch - Would Sell
No Elias from Platoon - Would Sell
No Pepper Potts from any Iron Man film...yet. - Would Sell
No one else from Predator other than Dutch & Billy - Would Sell
No one else from Predators except Royce and Noland(human figures) - Maybe The Russian Dude, The Others Would Not Sell
No other Spiderman figures like Doc Oc or Green Goblin or Mary Jane - Doc Oct Would Sell

Updated..........

Back