Why companies stop making their generic 12" figure bodies after a while?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
Noticed that old type 1/6 bodies getting harder to find. Recent companies focusing on necked body, partially seamless and full seamless.

Only few companies still making the old type neckless body and choices are really limited in terms of skin tone.

While there are companies that make new release they seem to be 1 off production. you would think for something like body they would keep making them.

I am currently looking for Black body without the neck and only 2 companies still making them u til recently, ZYToys and Yishun culture, both seems to be nearly sold out and seems to only have 1 run. They were retailed for $10 but price has gone up double. And generally speaking theres only 2 color tone still in production for such bodies Tan and Asian. I cannot even find the pale bodies which was commonly used back in the Dragon days. Yishun culture made a run of them but was quickly sold out.

I feel like 12" custom is a dying hobby. Folks dont have time for it and rather buy a full figure.

End of rant. Now buying the ZYtoys B003 for $20 😡.

While I doubt they will make many more the old releases can still often be found on places like taobao. Once the supply in China dries up then we may be outa luck. Still miffed that the HT skinny body clone hasn't had another run. They were cheap and great for all sort of customs.

While I doubt they will make many more the old releases can still often be found on places like taobao. Once the supply in China dries up then we may be outa luck. Still miffed that the HT skinny body clone hasn't had another run. They were cheap and great for all sort of customs.
ganghood asian body is close. the smallest body with neck i found. small hands and feet too. in fact too smol.

Love WorldBox bodies! They are very sturdy. (y)

It's nice that they are offering black bodies now too. They made the TWD Morgan Jones body and head set back in the day but that was the only African version up till now.

Back