Which horror movie remake is the best?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Horror movie remake is the best

• Friday The 13th

Votes: 28 41.2%
  • Rob Zombie's Halloween

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • The Hills Have Eyes

Votes: 10 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went with TCM.

Friday the 13th was "meh" at best. Hills Have Eyes and Halloween were ok.

Howeven NONE of them come close to touching their originals.

Saw F13th tonight and it has my vote, just slightly better than TCM.

Halloween was okay, but really did nothing at all for the franchise. Nothing. Was a stand alone remake that left me not wanting more, so kinda a failed attempt IMO.

Hills was just a cookie cutter horror, absolutely forgettable.

TCM was an excellent reboot. It added some freshness to a dead franchise, definitely left me wanting more Leatherface.

And the new Friday film worked just as well as the TCM reboot. Not only did it revive a modern horror icon but paid a lot of respect to the originals. And,like TCM, left me wanting more! If you can leave a film wanting more it is a total success IMO.

wheres dawn of the dead? far superior than they are

I agree, where is the love for '04 Dawn of the Dead. While the original was obviously better, which is the case for all the remakes listed but I would put '04 Dawn of the Dead at the top, the TCM, Friday the 13th then Halloween.

The problem with the Halloween movie was they didn't keep him a kid. The kid was much creepier than the adult. It would have been an incredible movie had they left Michael young. Once he grew up I was ready to leave. The clown mask was creepy as hell.
Haven't seen F13 yet. TCM was very good but more of the same. THHE was good and original to me because I didn't see the original. THHE 2 was unbelievably bad, I am not getting taken out by some mutant and i have combat training and a fully automatic weapon, not happening.
They need to remake some more horror movie classics.

Halloween remake was horrible. Michael Myers was juts a big brute. He is supposed to be the spirit of evil, size matters not.

I really liked the remakes of 'The Blob' and 'The Thing', even if the original 'The Thing' was a great picture already. A pity that those horror movies aren't in the poll.

Halloween remake was horrible. Michael Myers was juts a big brute. He is supposed to be the spirit of evil, size matters not.

Yep.

But I did actually go "woah" when he stood up.

But still....the film is pretty trashy. I liked the work print cut the best for some reason....but..the other versions got worse with each viewing.

Of the film's you listed, I think The Hills Have Eyes is the most memorable and holds up on repeated viewing, followed by Texas Chainsaw. Friday the 13 was pretty good, but at the end of the day it's just another Jason movie. Sort of like the newest Street Fighter game is good, but it's still just a fighting game. Rob Zombie's Halloween is a complete failure. My fav remake overall is John Carpenter's The Thing. Oh yeah, I also really enjoyed the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

Last edited:
Of the film's you listed, I think The Hills Have Eyes is the most memorable and holds up on repeated viewing, followed by Texas Chainsaw. Friday the 13 was pretty good, but at the end of the day it's just another Jason movie. Sort of like the newest Street Fighter game is good, but it's still just a fighting game. Rob Zombie's Halloween is a complete failure. My fav remake overall is John Carpenter's The Thing. Oh yeah, I also really enjoyed the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

For me, '04 Dawn of the Dead I could watch over and over and over again, follwed by TCM and then the Hills. I will have to wait until the new Friday the 13th comes out before I can comment on if I can watch it over and over without a good month or two break. I love The Thing and I could definitely watch that a lot as well.

Back