Whedonverse Actors You've Met

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wondering if anyone has any Comic Cons coming up in the next few months or so that have Whedon peeps going? I know Amy Acker has been making her way. I sent her a message via facebook about 8 months ago and asked if she would do some more comic cons. Now she has been doing a couple. I HOPE she comes to Austin because it is an honest dream come true.

She went to the Toronto con and my friend Kayla met her. She said she was soooo pretty in person. I bet she is. *sigh...

Besides the obvious Joss and Nathan, Sarah, etc. Who is your dream to meet from the Whedonverse that you have not yet?

Mine = Jane Espenson

Jane will be at Dragon-Con in Atlanta this year. So if you can make it out there, you can mark her off your list!

Of those I haven't met and besides some of the obvious big names of the Whedonverse, I'd probably say it would have to be Alexis Denisof or Anthony Stewart Head.

Wondering if anyone has any Comic Cons coming up in the next few months or so that have Whedon peeps going? I know Amy Acker has been making her way. I sent her a message via facebook about 8 months ago and asked if she would do some more comic cons. Now she has been doing a couple. I HOPE she comes to Austin because it is an honest dream come true.

She went to the Toronto con and my friend Kayla met her. She said she was soooo pretty in person. I bet she is. *sigh...

Besides the obvious Joss and Nathan, Sarah, etc. Who is your dream to meet from the Whedonverse that you have not yet?

Mine = Jane Espenson

Jane will be at Dragon-Con in Atlanta this year. So if you can make it out, you can mark her off your list!!

As for some actors from the Whedonverse that I'm still looking forward to meeting, I'd say Alexis Denisof and Anthony Stewart Head.

She's a lovely lady. I've met who a couple of times now at past Buffy cons, and she's so down to earth and self effacing It's just not true.

I had a particularly hysterical photo op with her once, which ended up being on of my all time fav con memories.

I bet you're going to have a great time. :D

As for some actors from the Whedonverse that I'm still looking forward to meeting, I'd say Alexis Denisof and Anthony Stewart Head.

I've seen Alexis from afar, but never met him. ASH I've seen at a couple of cons but never got around to asking for an autograph. He seems like a lovely man though.

James Marsters at Wondercon. Awesome guy.

He really is isn't he. I think he's my fav Buffyverse actor. Always has time for fans, and always puts himself out to try and make their meeting with them as nice as possible.

I hope to meet Amy Acker as well some day. I'm glad she was in Cabin in the Woods!

She's a lot taller in rl then I thought she'd be I'll tell you that. :lol

In a weird way I thought she came acros a lot like Fred would you belive. :lol

I confess I had to look up Jane Espenson. I know, big fail for me.

Aw, not everyones into the writers as some people. I'd love to met David Fury one day.

I confess I had to look up Jane Espenson. I know, big fail for me. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

heart-attack-guy.jpg

I'd love to hear him talk about writing at a con. Tell us why they decided to do what they did with certain storylines.

I've seen Drew Goddard talk years back, and that was very interesting.

I'm hoping to hit up a 'big' convention in 2012. Not like SDCC big, but something that's more 'guest list/meet and greet' big.

They don't make 'em like they used to. :(

This isn't about the actors, but more about the people behind the scenes.

This weekend Austin held a Television Festival. It was fabulous. I attended so that I could meet some extremely amazing people and also, get into writing. Since I do enjoy it. And, I did meet someone with a production company who is looking forward to my email today. I'm tickled pink!

Anyways. Among the mass of people that attended, I got to meet my #2 favorite person in the industry - Jane Espenson.

I cannot even tell you what a joy it was for me. I asked her 3 question between 2 different panels.

So, the first panel I attended was TV Fantasy Goes Mainstream. It was a blast! Ben Edlund, Jose Molina and Jane were of the Whedon people who attended. I got in line to ask a question but they really didn't give much time after the panel to ask. I was 4th in line, and they stopped after the 3rd. So I had to save my question. Which I asked in Panel 2 - Women in Television. Jane Espenson, Liz Tigelaar and Erica Messer were the attendees. Judy Greer was supposed to be there but I don't think she made it in time from the drafthouse back to the Panel. That's okay though, the three ladies were great. Minus Liz who says 'like' way too many times for her own good.

During that panel, my question was, "What is your creative writing ritual?"

The last panel of day 1 was - One Tree Hill Says Goodbye. Mark Schwahn, James Lafferty and Lindsey McKeon were in attendance. It was a lot of fun and getting to meet them was spectacular.

Day two was the Once Upon a Time screening/panel with Jane. We watched the first 2 episodes and then did a short panel. In which I asked 2 questions.

Later that day was the Firefly screening of Trash and a panel with Jose and Ben. It was great! A very full theater, and lots of questions answered. One bit of info they shared I wish I had never known, and I am now glad that Firefly never went on. It was grim info on Inara.

After the panel we got to stand around and chat with the lovely gents. Ben LOVED my shirt. He thought it was brilliant and liked how the word Shiny formed Serenity. He then signed our ticket, as did Jose, and then they both signed disc three, with their episode Trash, on it. We are going to take their photo with us, the disc and the ticket to have framed.

Anyways, here are some photos and enjoy!

DSCN3525.jpg

DSCN3596.jpg

DSCN3590.jpg

DSCN3547.jpg

DSCN3551.jpg

DSCN3591.jpg

DSCN3554.jpg

DSCN3558.jpg

DSCN3583.jpg

DSCN3593.jpg

This isn't about the actors, but more about the people behind the scenes.

This weekend Austin held a Television Festival. It was fabulous. I attended so that I could meet some extremely amazing people and also, get into writing. Since I do enjoy it. And, I did meet someone with a production company who is looking forward to my email today. I'm tickled pink!

Anyways. Among the mass of people that attended, I got to meet my #2 favorite person in the industry - Jane Espenson.

I cannot even tell you what a joy it was for me. I asked her 3 question between 2 different panels.

So, the first panel I attended was TV Fantasy Goes Mainstream. It was a blast! Ben Edlund, Jose Molina and Jane were of the Whedon people who attended. I got in line to ask a question but they really didn't give much time after the panel to ask. I was 4th in line, and they stopped after the 3rd. So I had to save my question. Which I asked in Panel 2 - Women in Television. Jane Espenson, Liz Tigelaar and Erica Messer were the attendees. Judy Greer was supposed to be there but I don't think she made it in time from the drafthouse back to the Panel. That's okay though, the three ladies were great. Minus Liz who says 'like' way too many times for her own good.

During that panel, my question was, "What is your creative writing ritual?"

The last panel of day 1 was - One Tree Hill Says Goodbye. Mark Schwahn, James Lafferty and Lindsey McKeon were in attendance. It was a lot of fun and getting to meet them was spectacular.

Day two was the Once Upon a Time screening/panel with Jane. We watched the first 2 episodes and then did a short panel. In which I asked 2 questions.

Later that day was the Firefly screening of Trash and a panel with Jose and Ben. It was great! A very full theater, and lots of questions answered. One bit of info they shared I wish I had never known, and I am now glad that Firefly never went on. It was grim info on Inara.

After the panel we got to stand around and chat with the lovely gents. Ben LOVED my shirt. He thought it was brilliant and liked how the word Shiny formed Serenity. He then signed our ticket, as did Jose, and then they both signed disc three, with their episode Trash, on it. We are going to take their photo with us, the disc and the ticket to have framed.

Anyways, here are some photos and enjoy!

OMG it looks like you had a fantastic time, I envy you meeting Jane Espenson, she has written some great episodes for some very memorable series. (Maybe you picked up some tips, and we will hear something from you in the future?)

It's great to finally put some faces to names that appear on the DVDs. The behind the scenes people are what make it all happen, but are nearly always forgotten.

Every time I go to the Comic cons I visit the panels, but because I fear that my English is not very good I stay silent.

I am so glad that you had a such wonderful day. :)

Oh great photos and it looks like you had a wonderful time.

I adore Espenson, and was lucky enough to meet her at some JM cons years back. A very lovely and talented lady. I'm so pleased you got to meet her too. :D

Yes, she was a blast and a sweetheart. It was also extremely cool to meet Jose and Ben. They both have done some awesome work outside of the Whedonverse as well.

Hey Everyone,

I have met - This is in order and all at different Supanova pop culture expo's around Australia.

Charisma Carpenter (cordelia, Buffy and angel) - she was super super lovely to me, and even bent down to my height when i got a photo with her, that was in 2010 i am taller now!! hahah

Eliza Dushku and Dichen Lachmen i saw from a distant but didn't get to meet them.

James Marsters (spike - buffy and angel) - who was a really funny guy, i got got him to sign a picture for me then at the con i was attending, while i was at the con i purchased a Buffy stake which is how i got into collecting factory x replicas i got him to sign that in the afternoon and he remembered me!, i went back the next day with my brother and took him to get a picture signed, james marsters was once again really nice and shook both of our hands and said to me " hey, your back again !"

(i got a group photo with james marsters, amy acker and sean maher)

Amy Acker (fred - angel, Dr saunders - dollhouse) - She was one of the nicest people i have ever met, she was so lovely. The same thing happened with what happened to james marsters, i got her to sign a picture in the morning the stake box in the afternoon and when i came back in the arvo she remembered my name, and politely asked if she could look inside the Stake box, of curse she could i was honoured i came back the next day with my brother and they were getting her to get up to take some pictures and my brother and i were at the front of the line, she said just a sec and came and sat back down and said "heyy oliver!" and i introduced my brother then i came back with a friend in the arvo of the sunday and she said, "yay, your back!" which was such a highlight. i also asked her what is was like coming to the set of dollhouse after doing angel and she said how great it was seeing familiar faces and working on such a close, loving set.

Sean Maher (Simon - firefly/serenity) - i met him and got him to sign a hardboard serenity poster, he was nice and friendly, but you could tell there was something worrying him, it was all around the time he came out of the closest.

Summer Glau (river - firefly/serenity) - was so sweet and really friendly,i met her mum as well :) who was really nice. i got her signature in the morning and afternoon and a picture, in the afternoon i purchased a special edition serenity dvd and i was the only one at the line, so when she saw me we had a god 5 minute chat and she asked where i was from and i said sydney (i was attending gold coast supanova which is in a different state) and she was like :0 thats so far away and i told her how i missed out on meeting her in sydney when she was there two years ago and how she is my favourite whedonverse character, and she said, and i quote "you came up here for me? ,honey, that is so sweet, can i give you a hug?, i was like omg yes of course, and she gave me a hug :) and it was really an awesome experience, at her panel i also got to ask her what was it like preparing for the fight scenes in serenity as all the fight sequences were performed by herself, and she told me how she trained for a year to be able to do the fights and how she actually got to hit the stunt men, she quickly added not hard of course!

Morena Baccarin (inara - firefly/serenity) - was super nice and loved to have a laugh, in her panel she was hilarious and super entertaining! i got her signature then a picture and when i went and got my picture she was like hey oliver and remembered my name ;D.

Mercedes Mcnab - she was nice but a little i dont know how to say it, she was lovely and all and appreciated her fans but maybe a little fake? maybe it was just her accent?? but i got her to sign my stake box and she was like cool ! i want one of these, and showed her husband, she signed it and asked how our picture turned out, and i said great and she was like awesome haha.

All great experiences for me.

I met Adam Baldwin (Firefly) at LFCC . Missed the chance to meet Jewel though as came later in the day :(. Was great to meet Adam though.

Back