Whedonverse Actors You've Met

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This doesn't really go here, but oh well.

Last night Jenn and I went to a Whedon centered charity event at the Alamo Drafthouse. During our 5-10 screenings we watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, Firefly episode "Out of Gas" and Serenity. In between there were raffles, contests and an auction.

I wont a prize for knowing that Nathan played Caleb in Buffy. Which wasn't hard. First of all, everyone knows that, and second, he's one of my favorite characters on Buffy throughout the 7 seasons.

I also bid on an auction piece, and won it. They had all the actors sign different things for the charity event, that they do annually. And so, I got my hands on bank heist money signed by Nathan. I figured he was going to be one of the hardest signatures for me to get in my lifetime. So why not just have it now. Apparently he says he even kissed the bill. lol. Not that I care about that. But it's true Nathan form.

I met Nicholas Brendon last year at a smaller con here in Florida. Clare Kramer was there too but she wasn't nearly as friendly as Nicholas :)

402831_10100828166943825_1612384445_n.jpg

This doesn't really go here, but oh well.

Last night Jenn and I went to a Whedon centered charity event at the Alamo Drafthouse. During our 5-10 screenings we watched Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog, Firefly episode "Out of Gas" and Serenity. In between there were raffles, contests and an auction.

I wont a prize for knowing that Nathan played Caleb in Buffy. Which wasn't hard. First of all, everyone knows that, and second, he's one of my favorite characters on Buffy throughout the 7 seasons.

I also bid on an auction piece, and won it. They had all the actors sign different things for the charity event, that they do annually. And so, I got my hands on bank heist money signed by Nathan. I figured he was going to be one of the hardest signatures for me to get in my lifetime. So why not just have it now. Apparently he says he even kissed the bill. lol. Not that I care about that. But it's true Nathan form.

Big ol' Congrats BG. :clap:clap

I would love to go to a Whedon charity event some day.

Any updates, anyone? I like reading these stories.

It looks like I'll be out of the convention circuit till the end of 2012.

Last edited:
I have an update. :D Gina signed our print "Big Damn Heroes" and then xx and her name. Alan signed it "I'm a leaf on the wind" and his name. Super awesome people. Gina is a delight and I'm in love.

That is awesome! :rock

Who left do you have to sign the poster?

Nathan (so it will never be finished) Morena and Summer. But I have a feeling Morena and Summer will be here next year. They like to have a couple come each time to bring in the fans.

Nathan (so it will never be finished) Morena and Summer. But I have a feeling Morena and Summer will be here next year. They like to have a couple come each time to bring in the fans.

Meh. Never say never.

That's quite an item and good luck to you!

Any newcomers to the convention circuit, actor-wise? I think it's been pretty quiet aside from the regular rotation.

There's a few that I'd like to meet again that haven't hit a con in almost 10 years now. :(

met David Boreanaz at a hockey game once. I think he's a huge hockey fan. Nice guy and kinda funny

Man I would have loved to meet Andy Hallett, Lorne is my favorite character on Angel.

I had the opportunity to meet Andy before he passed away. Just an all-around nice guy and sincere to fans, like myself.

His role on Angel was second to none, IMO. Such a talent. He's certainly missed.

Back