What's Your Top 5 All Time Favorite Movies ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's funny is that I actually love T1 as much as T2 until Khev, Jaws, Kara, P. etc. start pretending it's an untouchable classic that makes the second inferior in every possible way, thus causing a rivalry between two films that isn't even necessary. Then all I ever see are T1's faults and deficiencies.

But I am not pretending and it is a classic that makes the second inferior in every possible way. :)

Seriously I think I was pretty fair with my feelings of the film. Even though I have many issues with the film I still commented many times that I still enjoy the film. It's not like I attacked it like A-Dev said others have.

In all honesty I would probably never even post thoughts like this except that I am always shocked that T2 wins in the polls and since I had taken a dig or too at it and had a little back and forth with some of you it put me in the mood to watch it again.

No big deal. Just having fun taking about film.

Tbh, my biggest problem with T1.. and this is going to sound ridiculous.. but its Arnie's hair.. for most of the film, he is rocking exactly the same hairstyle he had for decades as a bodybuilder, and it irks the heck out of me.. as soon as he gets the Flat Top cut to 'disguise' himself, I'm good.. but that original haircut is pants.

Yup, he looks dopey.

Once he goes through the car fire explosion though, he looks cool as hell.

CRAZY SILLY TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want me a Tech Noir Arnold PF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t84-laserpointer.jpg

Points I would concede - John Connor was :wave annoying. I :wave think I'd call him a bad actor in it :wave . :wave you can expect :wave a child actor :wave 'was' :wave annoying .

Secondly the pacing of T1 is better. T2 slows down in the middle and the T-1000 disappears for a while.:wave

SEE Even A-Dev completely agrees with me!!!!

Last edited:
Recommended reading for anyone who has forgotten why T3 is completely ***t.

https://downfallofterminator.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/all-that-is-wrong-with-terminator-3.html

^includes great points on the superiority of annoying Edward Furlong's John Connor to Nick Stahl's John Connor. And also how UN-Terminatory the T-850 is despite claims some have made to the contrary in the DX13 thread.

Just watched the movie again and now I will go on to read this article.. Before I do let me say that, Yeah it's pretty bad... It's been a while since I have seen it... But it's bad as a terminator movie. I don't hate it as an action film. I think why I don't hate it as much as others is because I was not in love with T2 so the quality drop did not seem as drastic. However more then once while watching this film I thought to myself... "what if this was T2" and I would see the film for the complete mess that it is.

I still love that fisrt Truck chase and the TX has some cool moments (Blood licking orgasm face) but listening to the Terminator explain the whole plot as the film went on was very "chatty" and annoying. Plus there is no way anyone would follow that John Connor anywhere.

So I apologize for ever sticking up for this film :)

There's a similar article on T4 that I just discovered yesterday. Not as funny as the T3 one though, T3 was just that much worse.

I hate to pile on T2, but I also like T1 better and think T2 felt a little…sanitized, maybe? It's cool action and all, but something felt cold and I found myself not caring too much about everyone.

One thing I love about T2 is the unintentional humor! Sara seems to get oddly specific in setting examples.

Like someone mentioned earlier:

Sarah Connor: How are you supposed to know? ****ing men like you built the hydrogen bomb. Men like you thought it up. You think you're so creative. You don't know what it's like to really create something; to create a life; to feel it growing inside you. All you know how to create is death...
John Connor: Mom.
Sarah Connor: ...and destruction...
John Connor: Mom! We need to be a little more constructive here, okay?

Also:
Sarah Connor: [voiceover] Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator, would never stop. It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there. And it would die, to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers who came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one who measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice.

This part in particular: "It would never leave him, and it would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him, or say it was too busy to spend time with him."

In this one, I always imagine she's going to keep going, "never come home drunk and dress him up in a tutu and tell him "dance little man, dance" and then take them to Denny's for a Grand Slam to apologize, etc…"

And then, my absolute favorite unintentional humor in T2:
John: We spent a lot of time in NICARAGUA (in a perfect Spanish accent! Just the one word!)

I particularly love that line because I'm from Nicaragua. And there's a great bit from the comedian Brian Regan where he talks about this very thing. FF to about 10:15:

There's a similar article on T4 that I just discovered yesterday. Not as funny as the T3 one though, T3 was just that much worse.

In all honesty I thought the article on T3 went over the top... Now I could not do it to that extent but I could rip on T2 about a lot of stuff.

Now that is not to say T2 is T3.... I just thought the article was a bit much.... HOWEVER I will say again that if T3 was a direct sequel to T1 I would probably hate it as much as the rest of you... But T2 softened the blow for me a I find some parts of that film just as annoying as part 3.

I am going to watch T4 this weekend. Iremember liking it in the theaters but felt is was a bit boring when I watched it again on video.

And then, my absolute favorite unintentional humor in T2:
John: We spent a lot of time in NICARAGUA (in a perfect Spanish accent! Just the one word!)

Ha, that's funny. There was a book or comedian that also made mention of how Cameron wrote the one Hispanic guy at the gas station at the end of T1 as well. They said something to the effect of, "apparently in Hollywood Mexicans are capable of learning the entire English language except the word for 'yes.'"

"Fill her up, si." And then he goes on to translate the kid's story about the dad beating him in perfect English. :lol

Ha, that's funny. There was a book or comedian that also made mention of how Cameron wrote the one Hispanic guy at the gas station at the end of T1 as well. They said something to the effect of, "apparently in Hollywood Mexicans are capable of learning the entire English language except the word for 'yes.'"

:rotfl

"Fill her up, si." And then he goes on to translate the kid's story about the dad beating him in perfect English. :lol

:lol I had forgotten about that scene!

Just watched Terminator Salvation again... I really enjoy that one. Not sure how Terminator fans feel about that one but I always enjoy it. It's not perfect but it's a Huge step up from part 3. I have read that some don't like that the future is not bleak enough... I believe that is due to the fact that the machines have not really started to win yet. The future we see in the earlier Terminator films is still 10 or more years away...

Anyways I like it.

Enough about Terminators.

What was my top 5 again??

JAWS
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Die Hard
Raiders of the Lost Ark

Back