What's Your Top 5 All Time Favorite Movies ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I know I'm sounding like a total ****, but is there anyone on this forum that has top five favorite film that isn't typical for nerds?

Heh. Interesting point. I went back and looked at mine -- Raiders, TDK, No Country for Old Men, Gladiator and Django. No Country isn't a 'nerd' movie, and Gladiator probably isn't.

I might need to rethink Django, though. I was on a kick at the time. Maybe Fight Club instead. Not sure if that's a 'nerd' movie. Most nerd guys seem to like it. Then again, so do most not-so-nerd guys.

SnakeDoc

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Raging Bull

The Matrix

The Dark Knight

Godfather 2

Have you read the first few pages of this thread? Lots of "non-nerd" choices. Unless I missed the whole "To Kill a Mockingbird" action figure craze.

I stand a corrected only a little bit.

I can't really pare my favorites down into 5 absolutes, but off the top of my head:

The Conversation
Zodiac
Annie Hall
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Fighting Elegy

but then again,
Sorcerer
Shadows
A Story of Floating Weeds
Koyaanisqatsi
Seconds
Baraka
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World
Duck Soup
Frankenstein
Grapes of Wrath
Walker
Repo Man
Shame
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance
Barry Lyndon
Dr. Strangelove
Taxi Driver
The Pusher Trilogy
Magnolia
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeosie
Rules of the Game
Bottle Rocket
etc, etc, etc

Last edited:

I can't really pare my favorites down into 5 absolutes, but off the top of my head:

The Conversation
Zodiac
Annie Hall
Fighting Elegy

but then again,
Sorcerer
Shadows
Koyaanisqatsi
Seconds
Baraka
Duck Soup
Frankenstein
Grapes of Wrath
Walker
Repo Man
Shame
etc, etc, etc

Now there's a movie that doesn't make enough lists. Might be the genuinely funniest movie I've ever seen. Watched it with my parents when I was a kid ... and now my 9-year-old daughter watches it all the time.

"What could happen to an Old Fashioned?"

SnakeDoc

Wow! I know I'm sounding like a total ****, but is there anyone on this forum that has top five favorite film that isn't typical for nerds?

The Quiet Man, The Searchers, The Wild Bunch(or anything Sam Peckinpah), Blade Runner, The Blues Brothers, Excalibur, Greystoke Legend of Tarzan Lord of the Apes, Godfather 1 & 2, Ben Hur, The Shootist, LOTR & Hobbit Trilogy, McCabe & Mrs Miller, The Road Warrior, Anything Laurel & Hardy and Abbott and Costello. I could watch those always and lots more

The Conversation
Zodiac
Annie Hall
Fighting Elegy

but then again,
Sorcerer
Shadows
Koyaanisqatsi
Seconds
Baraka
Duck Soup
Frankenstein
Grapes of Wrath
Walker
Repo Man
Shame
Barry Lyndon
Dr. Strangelove
Taxi Driver
The Pusher Trilogy
Magnolia
The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeosie
Rules of the Game
Bottle Rocket
etc, etc, etc

You got good taste

1: Planet of the Apes 1968-1973

2: The Terminator 1984

3: Back to the Future Trilogy

4: The Man With No Name Trilogy

5: Jurassic Park Trilogy

It's hard to pick my top 5's but those would be mine and to add any of the Universal Monster Classics are some of my favorite Classic Horror Movies ever made. Also any Marvel films get my liking.

1. Back To The Future 1&2

2. T1 Terminator

3. Batman Begins

4. Alien

5. Predator

Also like Sergio Leone's Dollars trilogy

My guilty pleasure: The Italian Job (1969)

Last edited:
Top five is really impossible. Too many favorites but I tried my best to make a list.:lol
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
Godfather Part 2
The Empire Strikes Back
Hardboiled
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Gotta add more now that I'm home and I can see my stuff:

Shadow of a Doubt
Yakuza Papers series
Double Indemnity
French Connection
Thin Red Line
The Aviator
Sweet Smell of Success
A Field In England
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
Blood for Dracula
Chinatown
Narc

Probably more, but I'm not in the mood to rifle through my shelves

I don't know. To me if it's a movie that everyone and their grandma's seen, it's not nerdy. Now if you're listing a movie that only you and your grandma seen, that's nerdy!

I don't know. To me if it's a movie that everyone and their grandma's seen, it's not nerdy. Now if you're listing a movie that only you and your grandma seen, that's nerdy!

Don't know. I guess I was just hoping for a bit more diversity. Outside of a few lists the favorites are all pretty much "singing tto the choir" type of stuff: Star Wars, Indiana Jones, BTTF, etc etc

Back