What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think OSB are dishonest, just inept. They seem to have run their business on a 'Mom & Pop' model, but as their customer base has expanded they have failed to keep pace with this by not investing more time and resources. Too frequently, their response to problems has been to bury their heads in the sand, blatantly ignore customers or attempt to fob them off with recycled excuses.

Discontoys in the UK are good but they never take preorders, they wait for the stock to come in
because buisnesses have gone bust

Does anyone know if they have started to ship out orders yet? I was told by them Elder Predator would be in during January, I have emailed, messaged through the website and tweeted them in the past week.. no response but plenty of pre orders going up.

I was told the HT Robocop with chair would ship in Jan and i've heard nothing since.

My wife contacted them over the week-end to cancel Robocop, because I was gonna get him elsewhere, and she's pissed because she's heard nothing back yet, even after telling her how much worse some of you have it with them. I ordered a HT Stormtrooper with them as well, because I was stupidly hoping they would be back to what they were when it came out, and my wife wants to cancel that now too. I sat here and tried to defend OSB, in this thread a few months back, but I can't do that with my wife LOL

OSB causing marital problems added to the list of reasons to shop elsewhere...

I have asked them to refund my deposit and cancel my order if it cannot be fulfilled by the end of the month so they have a week now. Had enough of waiting for a reply to emails when they continually update their pre orders. I appreciate wai man is not 100% but nothing has changed with them.

I've requested a refund this morning on my ASM2 Spidey. Let's see how long it takes for me to get a response.

Well, it took a second email to chase it, but OSB processed my refund this afternoon.

Mazz is helping out whilst Wai Man is in hospital. They are shifting great numbers of figures it just seems to be the Hot Toys stuff which is problematic. People still have faith I'm them, they've had huge numbers of preorder for the new Heisenberg figure (including me).

After cancelling Robocop and crediting the deposit to the Batman Armoury I was left without an updated final invoice to pay for the Armoury. So back to square one really!

Took another three days for OSB to send me the new invoice, so now I'm good to go...whenever the Armoury comes into them.

I have to re-iterate that I don't believe for a moment that OSB is a Mothers Basement situation, just that they've bitten off more than they can chew. A problem then exacerbated by Wai Man's illness.

It was Maz who sorted things out for me. Looking at the 'About Us' section of their website he seems to be taking over the emails and Facebook to allow Wai Man and Maggie to deal with the rest of the business:

I'm still waiting for my Batman Armoury. I made the final payment 21 Jan 2015, and the initial OSB preorder deposit on 6 Jan 2014. I've emailed Maggie several times with not even an acknowledgement that she'd received the emails. Even if they are snowed under with emails, it can't be too much just to send out a quick reply - it's common courtesy. I contacted paypal to see if I can get my refund and they assured me the final payment will be refunded within their 180 day window, but unfortunately my pre-order payment of £63 is no longer under paypal protection. Has anyone successfully claimed back their OSB payment?

Hahahaha you wont get batman armory before the summer. Waiting for batman and robin 9 months after everyone else. They should give a voucher or free figure as i could have got it for less on black friday but didnt.

Hahahaha you wont get batman armory before the summer. Waiting for batman and robin 9 months after everyone else. They should give a voucher or free figure as i could have got it for less on black friday but didnt.

That would be a real problem if it's outside the 180 day paypal window for opening a dispute.

I just pre ordered a figure from this site!!! Bad move??? It was expensive too! Now I'm worried

I cancelled ed209 after i heard the rubber was breaking up and they gave it an asian voice. That was august. 8 months later. Was told at xmas that things were changing. Yet 3 months later and still no batman and robin.

Things can't be too bad as everything put up for pre-order seems to be selling really quickly. Either they are only ordering tiny palettes of a few figures only or there are plenty of people happy enough to continue pre-ordering?

I received an email to say that Starboost is expected in shortly so that will be the first figure I receive from OSB. I order direct from Sideshow for exclusive versions but anything else I can wait for - and OSB tends to have a better price than the rest. Just ordered Hulkbuster - hoping Sideshow don't convert early pre-orders to an exclusive version like they did with the Rocket & Groot set.

I received my ED today, absolutely love it!

OSB are ordering smaller quantities of figures now to try and ensure that stock comes through faster. Obviously it is taking time for them to recover but I'm sure they'll get there.

Its not so much the delays its the lack of updates. How hard is it to know whats on a pallet and where it is. Any info is better than 'arriving soon'.

Its not so much the delays its the lack of updates. How hard is it to know whats on a pallet and where it is. Any info is better than 'arriving soon'.

My problem is the total lack of response to any of my emails. I remember asking on this forum over a year ago what OSB was like to deal with and no one warned me about the delays and lack of communication. I had just been ordered the Hot Toys DX12 from Modelzone before they went bust, so I was very anxious about preordering again. I suppose it is hard for members to decide how much to support a UK based firm who is doing us a service. If they had warned me and others about OSB, there is a strong possibility they would go the same way as Modelzone.

How hard is it to send out a mass email when a pallet arrives. If you cant track x item on z pallet all the way then your business is a bit of a joke. Keep wanting to cancel batman and robin but its kinda funny how bad its got that i want to see it through. And someone jus got an ed209?!

Back