What's up with OneSixthBruce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with inked, you're unhappy get your money back.

I'm happy with Osb. I have starlord and starboost on preorder and have just ordered the quarter scale Fett. No worries here.

I got an email from Maggie saying they've got the pallets in their unit and the UPS guy is collecting my MoS on Thursday. Phew! Please tell me Tony Mei is still doing custom capes for him.

I got an email from Maggie saying they've got the pallets in their unit and the UPS guy is collecting my MoS on Thursday. Phew! Please tell me Tony Mei is still doing custom capes for him.
I wonder what was / is on these pallets in their unit, then?

Toys are coming in. Maggie has been emailing and WM has made it pretty clear on Fb things are moving again. I'm just a customer like you guys and I know you've spent your hard earned but can you remember WM is having health problems and Maggie is now running it alongside a full time job. They have hundreds and hundreds of figures to send out. The more we support them, the easier this process will be for them.

I know they've been working hard, Maggie especially so. All sorts of figures are starting to ship from China so hopefully collectors will start getting their purchases.

I received my final invoice for the battle damaged T800 and it included a message from Maggie saying the pallet had been dispatched from China 100% guaranteed and they should have delivery next week. Despite all the untrustworthy shenanigans that have been going on I'm willing to trust her word that they should be here then. Just thought I'd let others know they should be arriving next week.

Still waiting on 1966 Batman and Robin. Received an email on 16/12/14 saying all pallets have been shipped ... today, still nothing.

Hmm, that's less encouraging. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but if it doesn't turn up soon I'll just cancel my order. I'm not waiting 9 months again being constantly told "two weeks." I gave them a fair chance last time. Now is their chance to try and redeem themselves.

Would you not think about cancelling your order? The Batman and Robin figures must be pretty readily available most places by now. Just tell them you want a refund and order them somewhere else.

Russell1982 i was tempted on so many occasions but in the end i chose to wait with the mindset that it will arrive any time soon with them posting up every now and again that they have large shipments coming in.

I'm only down to my last preorder with OSB which is Robocop. I've not place any orders with OSB since the end of 2013 as i am done with them.

7 emails sent in 2014 and not one reply. Two posts removed from facebook. As a customer that's a huge slap in the face as far as I'm concerned. I just don't care why they say or post anymore as the last 13 months have left a sour taste in my mouth. I just want my last 2 remaining orders and move on from the OSB shenanigan.

Where else in the uk do people order from now? I have only ever used osb but as a few others am still waiting on quite a few figures!

From that email i think the pallets were due by end of jan. Wasnt expecting anything before then. They should give everyone a voucher seeing as i could have got my batman and robin for less 2 months ago. Collectablesdirect seems popular.

Direct collectibles, I've used you in the past and been happy with the service you gave but it's pretty low to advertise on a thread where buyers are moaning about another seller. All other UK sellers have stood by Wai Man and Osb on social media, some even offering to help them out. Offering your services here is unfair, at least wait for a collector to recommend you (something I've done personally on these forums).

Cancelling is any customers prerogative. If you're unhappy with the service then cancel. I know Osb have issued refunds to unhappy customers. I'm okay with waiting so it's not an issue. I buy them cheaper and I'm prepared to wait. Osb aren't looking to rip people off. This isn't the same scenario as the Mb fiasco. Osb made a decision with supply and transport due to the size of the orders they were getting. It didn't work out and it has caused serious consequences. Add to that WM's health issues and Maggie running the business alone until the early hours of the morning on top of a full time job (remember also that English isn't her first language). This run of events have put them behind. I don't know the full specifics of the operation but if you want a refund, you get one. If they take on new staff at additional expense this is going to affect the balance sheets and new figures get pricier and the chance of full refunds may suffer.
They are doing what they can in difficult circumstances. For monthsmany have moaned about the lack of updates, now we're getting updates, people are still moaning. Try getting behind them and see what effect that has.

Wow - I'm not sure whether I wish that I had joined this forum and read this thread a couple of months ago or not!

I buy my Hot Toys stuff from a variety of sources. I tend to buy exclusives from Sideshow directly by pre-order. My luck seems to be that they all tend up being released quite close together so I'll suddenly find myself with a big bill followed shortly by demands from Fed Ex for a load of money too!

For non-exclusives, I essentially chance my luck on eBay, see what I can pick up on holiday or see what the various branches of Forbidden Planet have on offer.

As you might guess, with the exception of a few lucky low winning bids on eBay, my wallet isn't exactly thanking me for the beatings I give it! With that in mind, I started looking at UK sites and came across OSB. I liked their philosophy, found a few good reviews online and was surprised to see how low their prices were compared to what I have been paying.

I signed up and have a few pre-orders that I'm waiting for - Gamorra, Starboost and the Hot Toys Vader. Reading the first few posts of this thread, I have to say that I was a bit alarmed! I wasn't aware that they were a grey importer although it doesn't bother me that they are. I have now read through all of this thread and seen the various opinions of fellow forum members.

Given that I have not had an order fulfilled yet, I am not in a position to judge. As a similar sentiment has been mentioned already, these items are my hobby and I do not rely on them to survive. True, I think I work hard for the money that I earn and would not want it to go to waste but in many ways, I count myself lucky that I have this spare income after the bills are paid to indulge (I'm pretty sure the other half would prefer I spent it on other "more worthwhile" things!). For me, I'm in no hurry ( I have a boat load of stuff that I have yet to open!) so I'll wait and hope OSB get through this difficult period and back to the service praised by so many previously.

Welcome to the forum. I believe Starboost figures are due in soon (I have one on preorder).

Thanks!

Couldn't resist and pre-ordered Age of Ultron Cap last night as well. I had originally only planned on picking up Winter Soldier Stealth version as that has been the only one I liked so far but the pictures of the new outfit plus the swap out head and mask without the need for a Steve Rogers figure sealed the deal.

I won't be amongst the first batch of Starboosts as I online ordered when they opened up a second little window in January. I had been in two minds whether I was going to pick one up at all but at their prices, thought it had to be worth it (especially as my accountant has worked out that I owe the taxman less than I feared I might!!:clap)

Back