Whats been your biggest disspointment with Hot Toys 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just changing my gripe to "why announce a new batmobile when you bait and switched us with the '66 batmobile?" Then I realized this is Hot Toys after all, another thread of negativity.

Awful John Matrix sculpt kept me from getting him.

Same here. I had it on Flex pay but decided to cancel, and eat the $25 NRD. And aside from the sculpt, the body was way too big compared to other Arnold figures.

On the sins of hot toys. The biggest is of course incompleteness of all lines save iron man

Personally. Han Solo and the terrible sculpt.

Non hot toys?
Still sad I can't get a doctor who figure cause the paint ain't good enough.

And ssc now pricing themselves like hot toys but not delivering an equivalent product

None really. Since I can't afford to buy this stuff anymore anyhow. I've actually been kinda glad that Hot Toys hasn't shown anything I care about. Yet paradoxically the relentless Iron Mans and Star Wars troopers still annoy me. An automatic response from times past separate from the more logical realisation. Go figure!

Hot Toys overkill in general. Its just too much at once. Its not one particular figure, not one particular (missing) announcment, its just the general Hot Toys overkill. 2016 will be interesting because people seem to become tired of Hot Toys as well as Sideshow.

This. I would've collected all the Star Wars ANH figures...it would've been amazing seeing all of them on the shelf together. And then they announced pretty much every single important ANH figure would be released in the same year in a very short time frame. No way I could afford that, and with other cool figures on the horizon as well, they had to go. They missed out on a good chunk of change from me for that. Spread 'em out between TFA figures, for gosh's sake. Let people's wallets breathe a little. Considering how pretty much all of their lines now need "groups" of figures (Avengers, Iron Man, GOTG, Star Wars) it's a bad move to make people have to pick and choose. I'd rather have none at all.

The new standard pricings for a very basic figure has shot up from 140 ish to 200+ here in the UK, insane realy, its just not possible to collect teams of marvel, starwars, DC etc. The excitement has gone, so has the idea of spending a few grand on filling one detolf.
I recently got Triad Zorro, what a joy to tweak and pose around, nice quality on a budget, its one of my favourite figures now.

No xmen figures except wolverine rehashes.
No catwoman from returns
No kyle reese, no t2 John connor or improved sarah connor.

:lecture
for some figures i collect the only thing that became better since yellow faces were faces themselves, unmatched skin & eyes.
all clothes & armor are more and more simplified, materials deteriorate or tear, etc - but prices grow up.
but again, i guess it's because all attempts are moved to ironman section :)

Back