Whats been your biggest disspointment with Hot Toys 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their biggest misstep has always been not completing lines. I don't buy guardians either but they release all but drax?

What could the hold up possibly be? certianly not Batista or Disney, I see no hold up other than on their end due to poor planning.

Armory Batman was the only figure i bought this year,and that says it all.
If 2015 was bad,2016 will be worse.Besides their 100 Ironmen,Star Wars will be burning hot so expect 2016 to be strictly Marvel and Star Wars.Hope im wrong though.

Delaying the stormtroopers, then releasing them before the original date.

Drax for sure since... apart from Thanos (which I'm saving for Infinity War version), I have the rest.

Lack of news for their Ripley figure and Arkham Joker is also a let down.

Sculpting wise, the biggest disappointment is hands down.. the Michael Keaton sculpt on the Batman Returns figure. Urgh.... what an ugly sculpt. Batman itself looks great though.

Hot toys is a disappointment in itself to me.
They seem to have tunnel vision on what they think will sell due to pairing their brand with a new found entry of a popular license.

Example: Star wars.
They are killing it with this license while most others are neglected or poorly executed and left incomplete. They will use time and resources to produce an 18ft millennium falcon for a show but won't spend the time to nail Arnolds likness for terminator or commando. Make every single last stormtrooper varient and make a few up even... Make several batman and joker varients.. (Not to mention all the Iron men everyone has complained about at some point or another.) But won't revisit popular Characters like Dutch and make the rest of his team, the Aliens marines, Rambo. Etc.
Figures so dated that they don't even look like there made by the same company.

For quality continuity and completest collectors outside of interest in marvel, this new dc justice league brink, and star wars... Hot toys as a whole is disappointing and seen as a fad.... Imo.

They give us no reason to be excited. I actually laughed out loud at work in a meeting when I saw them announce the bvs stuff like it was cream of the crop aaaaaannddd.... that's not even bat man.

Agree totally with this. Its true that they are killing the star wars and iron man license with all the releases. Its just beyond a joke now. How many variants of iron man or stormtroopers do people actually need? I mean comon if your an iron man or star wars fan it must be great but your wallet would be well and truely empty by now. They concentrate too much on 2 core licenses and everything else is like leftovers at a christmas dinner. Just look at the john matrix sculpt.

There's no excitement about figures released by hot toys anymore because they release so many variants its like you buy one and a year later the next variant is out. This is especially true of the marvel licenses they have. The fact that they teased ripley and never released it is also a kick in the teeth to people who spent a lot of money on hot toys over the years. I mean i know they don't give a hoot about fan loyalty and its all about money spinners for them but comon don't tease people with a prototype then just leave them out in the dark.

Its sad that we haven't seen any updates on the licenses that made hot toys popular in the first place. Aww well rant over i guess but its hard to see things getting any better, probably only worse.

Last edited:
I used to buy tons of Hot Toys figures in any given year, even multiples of the same figure if I liked it enough.

This year I got Marty McFly (meh) and the Damaged Robocop and Murphy 2-pack (great set). That says it all really. Their focus is clearly on the Disney licenses, and that's okay I guess. The Batman v Superman and Deadpool figures were a nice surprise after this flood of generic Iron Man and Stormtrooper garbage.

I'd say the disappointments for this year were,

- no 60s Batmobile (they really ****ed this up)
- no Ripley
- Drax still not available for preorder
- showing that awful "Alien Girl" figure
- half assed John Matrix
- half assed Batman Returns
- no Catwoman
- no Penguin
- no Doc Brown (but yeah, sure, "plan" a second Marty and Delorean)
- emphasis on Star Wars and Iron Man for their 1/4 line
- "Pops" Arnold T-800 being the only Terminator offering
- awful likeness for Han Solo
- awful likeness for Bruce Wayne
- 1/12 Bat is a joke that should have never been made
- Leaving everyone hanging on the BTTF 2 Marty and missing the Oct. 2015 anniversary that everyone else celebrated
- Hasbroesque Iron Man and Trooper variations with toyetic exclusives and reg. releases
- these increasing prices (which may be more Sideshow's fault than Hot Toys)

I think their talent pool is stretched too thin. I'm seeing the names of sculptors and painters I don't even recognize. After seeing their out put in the last two years (we're approaching MMS 400) it would make sense. No wonder they half ass figures like the MMS 238 T-800, the Batman Returns Batman or other "classics"/old school licenses. They're strapped for time now with all these blockbusters I'm sure.

I'm not one to complain a lot. Honestly I get annoyed with the apparently infinite number of Iron Man figures they pump out, but I'm still happy for people who collect that character to be getting what they want. My main complaint is the lack of information on several lines I do collect and lack of figures from Batman 66, Returns, and Arkham. I've been waiting for years for Returns Penguin and Catwoman, the 66 Batmobile and any other figures from that line, and Arkham Joker.

I used to buy tons of Hot Toys figures in any given year, even multiples of the same figure if I liked it enough.

This year I got Marty McFly (meh) and the Damaged Robocop and Murphy 2-pack (great set). That says it all really. Their focus is clearly on the Disney licenses, and that's okay I guess. The Batman v Superman and Deadpool figures were a nice surprise after this flood of generic Iron Man and Stormtrooper garbage.

I'd say the disappointments for this year were,

- no 60s Batmobile (they really ****ed this up)
- no Ripley
- Drax still not available for preorder
- showing that awful "Alien Girl" figure
- half assed John Matrix
- half assed Batman Returns
- no Catwoman
- no Penguin
- no Doc Brown (but yeah, sure, "plan" a second Marty and Delorean)
- emphasis on Star Wars and Iron Man for their 1/4 line
- "Pops" Arnold T-800 being the only Terminator offering
- awful likeness for Han Solo
- awful likeness for Bruce Wayne
- 1/12 Bat is a joke that should have never been made
- Leaving everyone hanging on the BTTF 2 Marty and missing the Oct. 2015 anniversary that everyone else celebrated
- Hasbroesque Iron Man and Trooper variations with toyetic exclusives and reg. releases
- these increasing prices (which may be more Sideshow's fault than Hot Toys)

I think their talent pool is stretched too thin. I'm seeing the names of sculptors and painters I don't even recognize. After seeing their out put in the last two years (we're approaching MMS 400) it would make sense. No wonder they half ass figures like the MMS 238 T-800, the Batman Returns Batman or other "classics"/old school licenses. They're strapped for time now with all these blockbusters I'm sure.

They are all about mass production of product that sells- hence all SW/IM etc...
They are stretched thin on talent but I'm sure there are plenty of great sculpetrs/designers out there in the Asian area. I just think they are producing too much now to stop and think about anything....
Look how many figures they did this year compared to say 2012....

OH BOY A ***** THREAD!!!!

The list

1. Doc Brown
2. Over kill on many lines, while ignoring others.
3. Price. Although I'd pay for a decent line that was not Iron Man.

First runner up; Han AND Chewie, both look awful. i am glad they do. I save money.

The truth must be that Armor type figures must be cheap and easy turnover for them. Whether its Star was troopers or Iron Man. Would be nice to have maybe Old Solo instead of 5 different troopers, Thanos or Drax in place of the seventy billionth Iron Man.....

Variety is their biggest problem..

I want to talk to someone who has the desire and cash for all those Iron Men. if they made 10 Vaders I would still only buy one.

John Matrix, the only good thing in that peace of turd are those great accessories.

No new Predator figures. I know i'm in the minority with AVP and stuff but they didnt finish that line. They got me to get scar, then i got celtic, but no chopper. I wanted to have the trio and yet they didn't make chopper the one i wanted most (again in the minority for sure). They still haven't done wolf or jungle hunter either. Anyways that was a complaint of mine since everyone else on here has mentioned all the other things i would have complained about.

I have to echo the sentiments of others. My disappointments are No drax, no doc, and the ever increasing prices. However, the increasing prices will always be on my list every year. :wink1:

selena.jpg

:cuckoo:

No '66 Batmobile
No '66 Villians or Batgirl
No Drax
No Ronin (why make Thanos and no Ronin?)

I don't mind the troopers or many of the iron men. Disney is a BIG boss to please so it only makes sense. They probably paid so much for those licenses and their exclusivity that this is the only way to recoup cost. The sacrifice is variety until they can figure out how to scale this thing and maintain their #1 spot in quality and accuracy.

Back