Whats been your biggest disspointment with Hot Toys 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shells075

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Time to get it off your chests fellow freaks:wave

Maybe you were underwhelmed by a figure you got, or the lack of a particular figure being announced?

I think its been a pretty good year for figure releases, announcements etc, Especially if you've got rather deep pockets & are into Star Wars. :exactly:

My biggest disappointment was the lack of release or even announcement of BTTF Doc, especially as it was 2015. :mad:

Not sure I even consider Hot Toys anymore.
But I guess I'm thankful that they've made the market so big and that they've swallowed up all the big licenses so that it has allowed a new generation of little manufacturers room to begin to creep in and create interesting figures.

Not sure I even consider Hot Toys anymore.
But I guess I'm thankful that they've made the market so big and that they've swallowed up all the big licenses so that it has allowed a new generation of little manufacturers room to begin to creep in and create interesting figures.

Yeah good point.

i think its good there are other manufacturers now picking up the ball and we are getting great figures from other companies. Hot toys are no longer the dominating force in the 1/6th scale industry they once were. I think the biggest disappointment for me with hot toys is their overkill on the star wars and iron men figures. Its like they have forgotten all the great licenses that made them popular in the first place. But i guess thats progress for you.

If i had to say one figure that has been the biggest disappointment its the marty mcfly bbtf 2 figure. They had the chance to release it in october especially with it being the anniversary of the 2015 date in bbtf2 but they blew and we have heard nothing about it since. Meanwhile we see the 1 millionth iron man figure being released and the hype for star wars knows no bounds....

A few things stand out to me:

No Doc
No '66 Batmobile or additional characters as promised
No Drax
No word on the Alien license / Ripley figures

GOTG Drax! +1 huge lost opportunity to capitalize on this figure--however this is a constant broken record with Hot Toys, just behind that the '66 Batmobile. That might be their biggest failure if it never gets released.

Although they are improving, I still want them to step it up with the design of the female figures, particularly, change the hand pegs

Batman return's line 1 Returns batman after 2 n half years wait we could have had penguin n kitty long long ago...The thing bugs me we wait , and wait then BAM all AT ONCE Alway's...Everything then must pick n choose because other company's release it. The Marvel line is SAD same Avengers , ironman , spidey ,wolverine and rest get by passed and done by smaller companies do to licence issues so i've read who knows besides copywright issue's. I'M thankfull for able to pick n choose ironman , spidey , wolverine to choose from dont need a million variant's. Hot toys is called MOVIE MASTEPIECE SERIES it feels like before they strived for more diverse Master piece movie grails figure's. Now it feel's more of wave's of same right now year of star wars is going to rule 2016. Thankfull and understand all release during movie top hype which is good business. I'm just hope for a little more diverse figure's like the crow was or doing a quick Ghostbusters line up or Mad Max line thrown in remember our favorite movies and spit out a proper Blade runner while it's nothing but star wars release a dam NEO from Matrix or Ripley and we would be happy.:wave

I think the biggest disappointment for me with hot toys is their overkill on the star wars and iron men figures.
that!
multiplied by idea that neither ironman nor starwars should exist at all.

Hot Toys overkill in general. Its just too much at once. Its not one particular figure, not one particular (missing) announcment, its just the general Hot Toys overkill. 2016 will be interesting because people seem to become tired of Hot Toys as well as Sideshow.

It's a tie between Han Solo and Ben Kenobi, both headsculpts missed the mark in terms of likeness (Kenobi was absolutely horrible).

Hot Toys generic old man aka "Obi-Wan Kenobi"

I have grown to like it though, just the sculpt up close looks nothing like Alec.

Back