What are your favorite BBC shows?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doctor Who (Sci-Fi Channel)
Torchwood (BBCA)
Primeval (BBCA)
Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (BBCA)
Mr. Bean (watched on PBS and HBO many years ago)

Haven't gotten much into the newer programming so most of my "favorites" are relatively old (VERY old)

anything with Gordon Ramsey
Black Adder
Good Neighbors
Monty Python

And, although not BBC America, per se....been watching Masterpiece Theater since it started and it's still my Sunday night ritual. Love the dramatization of literary classics especially, but have had some other excellent shows -- Prime Suspect series (originally on Mystery! until it went belly up), A Town Like Alice, I Claudius, Brideshead Revisited (the original), Wooster and Jeeves, etc.

I love Qi (quiz show... it stands for Quite Interesting.)... it's funny, and you learn things. Any program that makes you go "really?? wow I didn't know that!" AND makes you laugh? is alright with me :)

and of course it's hosted by the National Treasure that is Stephen Fry :bow

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Coupling
there was something like "Mile High" or something that was oddly addictive.
The Graham Norton Show

Was the original Life on Mars any good?

My favourites are:

Red Dwarf!!!
(I absolutely LOVE that show!)

Graham Norton
(I can't watch an episode without
laughing out loud at some point.)

Monty Python
(goes without saying.)

Doctor Who
Spaced
The Office
Monty Python

Haven't got into Torchwood yet, but will be getting the DVDs to check it out. How is Sarah Jane Adventures?

I love Qi (quiz show... it stands for Quite Interesting.)... it's funny, and you learn things. Any program that makes you go "really?? wow I didn't know that!" AND makes you laugh? is alright with me :)

and of course it's hosted by the National Treasure that is Stephen Fry :bow

I watched a christmas episode of this when I was in Scotland. Hilarious!!!!!

In the last year, I've really gotten into a lot of shows that air across the pond on BBC America.

There have been some really well done shows...which of course we Americans don't usually get to see until a year after they air in the UK. :(

Here are my favorites (in no particular order):
The Office
Primeval
Jekyll (although it only got one season)
Top Gear
Hex

So, what are yours?

Also love Jekyll, bummed big time it only got one season :monkey2, Hex, Primeval, and of course The good old Dr.!!! DR?...DR. WHO!! :D :rock

Back