What are your favorite BBC shows?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHavyck

Super Freak
Reaction score
In the last year, I've really gotten into a lot of shows that air across the pond on BBC America.

There have been some really well done shows...which of course we Americans don't usually get to see until a year after they air in the UK. :(

Here are my favorites (in no particular order):
The Office
Primeval
Jekyll (although it only got one season)
Top Gear
Hex

So, what are yours?

I like the show where Gordon Ramsey goes around and tells people how F'ed up their restaurants are. He had a show on BBC a few years before he was doing the same thing here.

I like the show where Gordon Ramsey goes around and tells people how F'ed up their restaurants are. He had a show on BBC a few years before he was doing the same thing here.

Yea, that's a good show. They did one for a restaurant about 10 minutes from here and it really did make a difference.

My favorite show on BBC is, of course, Doctor Who. But they have some great ones on it.

As I remember from when I lived in the States the best shows on BBC America were
Father Ted
The Fast Show aka Brilliant
Blackadder

All the Gordon Ramsey shows are made by a commercial station called channel 4

Father Ted
The Fast Show aka Brilliant
Blackadder

good choices :rock

i didnt realise bbc america showed itv and channel 4 shows :confused: what a crazy land america is

my favourites, dont know if they air in the u.s:

mock the week
have i got news for you
never mind the buzzcocks
little britain

good choices :rock

i didnt realise bbc america showed itv and channel 4 shows :confused: what a crazy land america is

my favourites, dont know if they air in the u.s:

mock the week
have i got news for you
never mind the buzzcocks
little britain

I don't get bbc America. I have to live through you Brits when you post bits off the shows.

Here are my favorites (in no particular order):
The Office
Primeval
Jekyll (although it only got one season)
Top Gear
Hex

So, what are yours?

Primeval and Jekyll :rock Fantastic, they should be doing another season of Primeval, she says in hope.

My others are:
Doctor Who *of course*
Hex
Wire in the blood
Dracula *I don't think it was called that, but it was a christmas special I think, awesome, short but so sweet!

Doctor Who and Torchwood of course!

Though, I watch Doctor Who on SciFi and Torchwood on HDNet. I don't get BBCA. :monkey2

Of all time?

1. Doctor Who (in all its incarnations)
2. The Office
3. Monty Python
4. Butterflies
5. Good Neighbors (I loved this show so much when I was a kid).

Of all time?

1. Doctor Who (in all its incarnations)
2. The Office
3. Monty Python
4. Butterflies
5. Good Neighbors (I loved this show so much when I was a kid).

I used to watch Monty Python and Are You Being Served? on PBS here years ago. Miss both!

On the BBC (Because they only make one decent show now) through it's run
Blackadder
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Bottom
The Young One's
Mock the Week
Fist of Fun/This Morning with Richard Not Judy (it was essentially the same thing)
The Office
Little Britain
Goodness Gracious Me
Steptoe and Son
Red Dwarf

Last edited:
Top Gear
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Primeval
Grand Designs

I also watch alot of nature/wildlife shows. UK programmes are pretty crap tbh, i watch alot more US stuff than i do British stuff lol.

Back