What are the holy grails or rarest Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ujiffy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Would like to know what are the rarest and considered holy grails of Hot Toys figures? I have currently Robocop, General Ursus Planet of Apes, P2 Elder Predator, Blade, Ghost Rider and Edward Scissorhands. I hear and see on ebay that Michael Jackson Billie Jean and Ancient Predator Asia Version is super rare. How rare and sought after are King Leonidas from 300, Rambo 3, Jor-El Superman Returns movie, Don Corleone Godfather, Wolverine X-men origins, and Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Toy Fair Exclusive?

Would like to know what are the rarest and considered holy grails of Hot Toys figures? I have currently Robocop, General Ursus Planet of Apes, P2 Elder Predator, Blade, Ghost Rider and Edward Scissorhands. I hear and see on ebay that Michael Jackson Billie Jean and Ancient Predator Asia Version is super rare. How rare and sought after are King Leonidas from 300, Rambo 3, Jor-El Superman Returns movie, Don Corleone Godfather, Wolverine X-men origins, and Batman Begins/Bruce Wayne Toy Fair Exclusive?

:dunno Who cares? They will all likely get better 2.0's down the road anyway.

However 'rare' there are at least 2500-3000 in the world. Is that 'rare'? There are runs of custom figures that number in the 10s.

The closest thing would be the Avengers Ironman with the Mech Test suit head sculpt I believe.

Don't forget those limited edition Tsunami relief Godfathers.:lecture
And of course, here you are considering only those that aren't one-off prototypes or other specially made figures like the Joker that JC Hong did.

Rarest? Don't know. Most desirable? Definitely DX Indiana Jones. Sorry EF, but Nick Fury is a distant second place.

It's true that something not from Avengers/Iron Man, Batman, or Predator don't come by very often.

In terms of low "mass" run releases, I would probably put Spirit high up on the list. Seems like they weren't released in the states directly at all, and wasn't something you would expect a huge run of in Asia (like Golgo 13).

Planet of the Apes guys were pretty easy to get back when they were first released, and eventually went on clearance at BBTS I think. "Billie Jean" MJ wasn't very desirable until he died. I would guess the production run on that one is pretty high for the time it was released. Just that they didn't anticipate the demand from folks wanting a figure after he kicked the bucket.

And of course, here you are considering only those that aren't one-off prototypes or other specially made figures like the Joker that JC Hong did.

Rarest? Don't know. Most desirable? Definitely DX Indiana Jones. Sorry EF, but Nick Fury is a distant second place.

Has HT ever sold any of their prototypes?

I can imagine them doing so at an Asian charity event, or for a high offer from some kooky collector. Don't know though. They had a whole slew of Iron Man customs for one of those conventions. Not sure what happened with them.

Don't understand why Nick Fury would be rare. All on eBay selling for only $200. Is it anticipated this would be rare down the line in future? I am talking about most sought after and hard to find now. Maybe rare is not the right word.

Don't understand why Nick Fury would be rare. All on eBay selling for only $200. Is it anticipated this would be rare down the line in future? I am talking about most sought after and hard to find now. Maybe rare is not the right word.

Their being sarcastic. EvilFace is a HUGE fan of SLJ therefore, Fury is his grail. He owns three and he is considering a forth. Anyone thinking Dx Indy being a grail is obviously attempting to be funny. :)

A grail depends on what you like not what someone else considers it to be. Are you looking for true rare pieces or sold out pieces which are hard to find?

There are also some figures with running changes that are probably much rarer than others. For instance, early Bale/adult John Connor figures had sub-par heads apparently.

Would the Gunmetal gray Iron Man for Silly Things be considered rare? Was the Secret Project gray Iron Man a reissue? Just asking.

They are both rarer than their "regular" counterparts. But they aren't all that rare in relative terms to that Iron Man with a run of 15 or whatever, and never seemed to be as desirable as some other figures.

Back