What are the holy grails or rarest Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hottoys x Jason Siu
ca4cc2e5.jpg

since DAY 1.

I guess the endoskeletons could be added to the expensive list of HT figs, at least for now.

I can definitely say they have gone up in price luckily I have been able to acquire both a T-700 and T-600 Weathered EX for reasonable prices. :clap Only the T-800 eludes me but u know Hot Toys come on version 2.0

Well if you look at it like that the Tsunami fund raise one was a 1.0 then they made the other one which was more of them made that was v.2 see aha! I have both enterbay and hot toys one both cool :) they seem to just keep going up in price I found my hot toys one at a carboot sale for 100 got it down to £70 mint in box still sealed and now it's in my detolf ;) well worth the money!

Hot Toys Platoon line "Elias" is quite rare, I hear...

I would love to own Godfather but am not will to pay the secondary prices.
Most I would spend is $150 (I know this is not possible) so I will hold out for a 2.0.

Old figures will get updated as they start to look outdated. Even looking at my Jack Sparrow I can see room for improvement!!!

None, they will re release the famous one such as tumbler, so HT does not have grail, it's only depends on how ppl like the one they have.

There are no rare hot toys, just slightly harder to get, when there are runs is 2,500, 3000 that's not rare. A 20 figure run, that's rare, the so called rare hot toys are for sale each week on eBay, just for lots of money,, the term rare is used very loosely,,, rare is unable to locate and buy,,, people slap rare on something next you know it's going for $900 on eBay,,, pota Ursus for years was $350, they got hard to find for a month, somebody yelled rare, bingo, $900 a pop,,, sorry,, I don't fall for that ..You can buy 3 right now on eBay, that's not rare,,

However 'rare' there are at least 2500-3000 in the world. Is that 'rare'? There are runs of custom figures that number in the 10s.

2500-3000 is probably right for the "rare" ones.

and lets see, 7,000,000,000 people in the world now.
So that means 1 out of every 2.33 MILLION people own one.

I think thats pretty rare. Thats based on 3,000, now if only say 1,500 were made (which wouldn't shock me for some of them like the Godfather figure) that would be 1 out of 4.66 Million :wink1:

Basically the reason demand keeps these prices high is because more collectors are coming into the market than leaving! and 90% of the figures are in the hands of people who will not sell them, I have the Godfather, original Wolverine, Blade and a few others that are worth double or more what I paid for them but I have no intention of ever selling them. I only buy what I like, value does matter just incase I have to sell, just like collectors of fine art care about the value even though they don't plan on selling it.

Bro, your basing your # on everybody in the world being a collector, you just can't do that,,if we use your math per people on earth, certain everyday items would never depreciate,, like discontinued cars, jewelry, clothing, and if you havt noticed prices for blade, wolverine have come down slightly, I bought a wolvie for $285, brand new,,, and I don't agree that more collectors are coming than going, matter of fact with figures prices really getting pricey the past year or 2 I have seen many people leave the hobby. What are you basing your proof on? You might be right, but what makes you think this? To me the customs market has exploded while the hot toy collector stays the same.., there are plenty of hot toys that have not sold out, check sideshow,, you can still get superman, Indy, capt. America, etc..This is a thinly capitalized hobby compared to art,,, so comparing the 2 isn't even a conversation.

The bootlegs that HT did before they got into licensing are probably pretty rare - George Lucas, Mission Impossible Tom Cruise and Neo.

Nope - guess not - Lucas and Neo recently sold for less than $200 on ebay.

All of them really....
Sometimes I wonder how small the high end market really is.

If a company produces 2000 of something for the whole world, that is almost nothing! Not to mention 'exclusives' that number in the low 100s ....yet nothing is really that hard to get.

How many collectors are there exactly that regularly buy high end 1/6 and 1/4 items across the entire world ? 25,000 ?

The rare ones that i hardly see: the green outfit wong kar kui ver which is like what 5 or 50 made for a charity event?, the godfather charity event for the flood victim which i think is a 100 pcs and the exclusive mark 6 avengers promo with the mech test head which was an edition size of 16.

Ive seen the mark 6 and the godfather on ebay every now and then, but never seen the green wong kar kui in my 6 years of collecting HT stuffs.

All of them really....
Sometimes I wonder how small the high end market really is.

If a company produces 2000 of something for the whole world, that is almost nothing! Not to mention 'exclusives' that number in the low 100s ....yet nothing is really that hard to get.

How many collectors are there exactly that regularly buy high end 1/6 and 1/4 items across the entire world ? 25,000 ?

I was always kind of curious how many people actually collect these things.

I can definitely say they have gone up in price luckily I have been able to acquire both a T-700 and T-600 Weathered EX for reasonable prices. :clap Only the T-800 eludes me but u know Hot Toys come on version 2.0

I have both the T-800 regular and BD endos and got them for retail - in fact the the BD was slightly under retail. I'm waiting for HT V.2 as well.

Probably the 16 pieces of HT Ironman mk.VI Avengers ver. - joint movie promo edition is the rarest HT product released up till now.

Back