What are the holy grails or rarest Hot Toys figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we know what the edition size is for the BD mk 7 is?

It's definitely a better figure than the mk 6 with mech test head, but I don't think it'll ever get that high

3000 is the purported edition size on the BD MKVII, but distribution was restricted to like HK, Singapore and the US which is going to make it pricey for other collectors in other markets since they'll most likely have to go the secondary market route.

Not sure how rare this is but i have never seen it for sale and I know there is another one of a TTM-14 its a 1/6 scale replica of a TrueType but I think the Obama one is more rare.

You can find most of this stuff on ebay. What makes it a grail? LOL Because it's expensive? A grail would be something that's very rare, hardly, if ever seen. A one of a kind piece of artwork that may still (or not) exist, maybe buried in someone's collection that hasn't been seen by the mass public. The HT Jackson figure is not rare at all. Expensive, but not rare.

This is a grail...maybe not yours but it's been "lost" to the collector's market for many years and no one can seem to find it.

Original JAWS paperback art...
jaws_poster.jpg

BB

This is a Hot Toys "grails or rarest" thread. What's hard to get about that?

What's so hard to understand what a grail is, sunshine? I was just giving an example of something very rare. 500-1000 of the same Iron Man doll is not rare but good luck on finding your "grail". **HINT** There's 10 of them on ebay now! :rotfl

BB

Last edited:
3000 is the purported edition size on the BD MKVII, but distribution was restricted to like HK, Singapore and the US which is going to make it pricey for other collectors in other markets since they'll most likely have to go the secondary market route.

Just released in europe:yess:

This will be as "rare" as ms 155 first night batman :monkey1

What's so hard to understand what a grail is, sunshine? I was just giving an example of something very rare. 500-1000 of the same Iron Man doll is not rare but good luck on finding your "grail". **HINT** There's 10 of them on ebay now! LOL

BB

You're the only one who cares about nitpicking what a grail is or isn't. The normal folks are just posting pics :lol

Thought about posting pictures of the Monty Python and the Holy Grail stuff, but I figured that joke would be too easy.

Usually the rare ones are those not so popular characters/sub characters & figures back from when HT was not famous.

I'm guessing Aliens Ripley & Powerloader, 1st Robocop & Machine, Rocky side characters, Appleseed Bariores, usually HT figures are released in big numbers just those not so popular characters are bought by people who want to keep them so you don't see them as often as Batman & Ironman.

Also many are keeping them like keeping stocks, hoping one day they can sell them at high price when there's non on ebay.

Back