What Are the Hot Toys Holy Grail Figures??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only ones I know is all the resident evil 4 and 5 hot toys. I nearly killed myself to get BSAA Chris and RPD Leon.

Hot Toys will never make any figure on my grail list. The unfortunate part is that I'm not sure anyone else ever will either. Honestly if I ever came into large stupid sums of money, I'd probably obtain licensing rights and contract out to get them produced. ;)

Twin Peaks
Archer
Mad Men

Multiple figures for each license.

I am new to this site but have been collecting Hot Toys/Sideshow for 10 years. I think Whiplash Qualifies. Hard to find, very expensive, amazing likeness. I think the premium format Mystique is amazing, the premium format Dutch, pf Conan. I think Power Girl will be one to own. Only 1250 exclusive editions and it looks amazing. I have it on order. The Wonder Woman as well. Like someone said earlier, it's about taste once you start talking about these works of art. The best female sculpt is the CAWS Black Widow. I know Scarlett and it looks just like her. She might not have an expression but that's because she usually doesn't.

I am new here also and agree about Whiplash.I have looked for him and when I have found him I could not afford to get him. I was never really a fan of him in the comic books but Mickey Rourke's performance in the movie was great.

I am new here also and agree about Whiplash.I have looked for him and when I have found him I could not afford to get him. I was never really a fan of him in the comic books but Mickey Rourke's performance in the movie was great.

Welcome to the forum! :duff: :rock :hi5:

That's pretty interesting, as I've seen that fig hovering in the $350-400 ballpark for the better part of two years. That's way above retail and might be out of reach financially for some so I guess I understand that point of view.

I used to see the original AVP predators as THE holy grail. The prices they went for were ridiculous so i was very happy when they announced the 2.0's

Lets open a new thread for collectors that have some of these "GRAILS" so we can all brag about them and measure our collector ****'s.

Apart from seeing people moan on figures they missed out on, its time for the old time collectors to show off !

It would spice up this stale conversation.

Depends on your definition of grail.

but if youre going. FOr hard to find figures, as a grail should be.

then hicks, blade, And william turner.

Just collect figures from what you love. For me, Blade is meh. Enjoyed the films, but never really felt them.

Godfather, OTOH? Amazing figure from the best gangster film ever made.

Hellboy, loved the movies, so must get.

300? Leonidas for sure. Walked out of that film just feeling... well, let's just say manly.

Iminime's trio? How could I go past them? THE greatest spaghetti western ever made.

HT Robocop and ED-209? For me, so much happy happy joy joy when they were done right.

Just buy what you love, and it will be with you forever. Or until a new and better version comes along. Too many people define grails simply as "rare" figures. It should be a personal definition, and based around your loves, not what others think is "great".

Edit: I forgot about Blitzway's Carlito in there. A "grail" I didn't even know I needed until they made it. Absolutely one of, if not THE best 1/6 figure ever made. For me.

Last edited:
Instead of holy grails, maybe say rare HT figs. Even if you had the money, they're still hard to find or only a few or none on the market at any given time:

Davy Jones
The grey IM figs

First three that come to find.

The Billie Jean figure too.

How about the entire set of the space marines? It's really a collection within a collection.

Would love Hellboy...can't see it happening now ...started into this hobby to late for that one:gah:

How about HTs biggest flops:

Both casual suit Bruce lee figs
Falconer predator
Tracker predator
Cap star spangled man

HT future flops:

terminator genysis guardian
And t1000
Anything related to the fantastic four

Back