What are the chances we might see Hot Toys Batman V Superman previews at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really curious what Hot Toys have planned for DC. I think they will indeed wait to show of the BvS figures but what else is there for them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9GcnRAdY2M

Joker (Arkham VG trilogy), Penguin & Catwoman (Batman Returns), Talia & Ra's Al Ghul (TDK trilogy) or a 2.0 version of Scarecrow or Harvey...

I can't think of anything else tbh.

If they've got another '66 Batman, hopefully, that means either a Joker, Penguin, Riddler, Batgirl or Catwoman. I really am curious to see if they put out BvS merchandise here. On the one hand, it seems like everybody and their mother is showing their stuff, and you wouldn't think HT would want to be late to that party, but, on the other, as others have mentioned, Howard loves the hype, and this is probably going to be a huge line for them, so, you're left wondering whether or not he wants the first photos of these figures to be from someone at the Sideshow booth during SDCC, or his own, personal photographers.

I'm curious if there will be any Suicide Squad stuff. It already seems really early to be showing off so much BvS stuff, so, I am very curious. I'm guessing that DCC, HT, and, maybe, Sideshow, will be the only ones to tackle that line, if the little blurb from the licensing show last month about a "targeted campaign aimed at adult collectors" is to be believed.

Remember, this move was supposed to come out this year. With all of Mattel and DC Collectible products out, Im thinking more and more we do see them tonight or tomorrow.

Remember, this move was supposed to come out this year. With all of Mattel and DC Collectible products out, Im thinking more and more we do see them tonight or tomorrow.

You make a good point. I've been surprised to see the amount of products shown so far. Especially the statues, now. I figured maybe they didn't mind letting some of the lower end collectibles out there this early on and would hold off on the higher end of things like statues. Time will tell if HT has something ready as well.

As for those statues, the Superman and armored Batman look pretty good. The armorless Batman looks awful, though. Hate that pose they gave him.

You make a good point. I've been surprised to see the amount of products shown so far. Especially the statues, now. I figured maybe they didn't mind letting some of the lower end collectibles out there this early on and would hold off on the higher end of things like statues. Time will tell if HT has something ready as well.

As for those statues, the Superman and armored Batman look pretty good. The armorless Batman looks awful, though. Hate that pose they gave him.

I could see not liking the pose, but, as far as realism goes, I think that, if you removed the base, it could've been a promotional photo.

After seeing the first batch of pics from SDCC, not a single DC related...

Someone said there's a new Adam West Batman. No idea why they'd bother with that.

I saw it. The only difference is that he's...blue(-er?), has a cardboard backdrop, and the red bat phone. It makes me sad, honestly, because it basically tells me that Howard's full of **** when he says "yes, we plan to make more figures from that series."

Yeah, it's awful. What a waste.

Kinda makes me mad too because I actually like that lighter blue more than the regular one. Whatever. I'm not selling or trading up. The original is fine by me. Why they would bother with something like this is beyond me.

Yeah, I mean. If you really want to re-use it, I can think of a million better things than "blue!" Include a radioactive cowl, do a boxing variant, surf's up, even, but those latter two would leave people wondering why Howard couldn't just make a Joker or Riddler to go with it.

Yeah the pink contaminated cowl would have been clever if this is some exclusive (which I think it is?).

Looks like that's their DC offering so far too. Adam West Batman repaint and Gordon/Blake.

Yeah the pink contaminated cowl would have been clever if this is some exclusive (which I think it is?).

Looks like that's their DC offering so far too. Adam West Batman repaint and Gordon/Blake.

Terrible. No Romero or Arkham Joker. No Pfeiffer Catwoman. The only upside is no more Ledger Jokers and maybe the Nolan license is finally done.

It really is a pathetic display. "Hey everyone, here's our recently released DC product and a repaint of our recently released DC product. We just needed something so that DC knows we give enough of a **** to retain our license to make Batman V Superman stuff. I just don't understand their excessive thought process. They have two Luke Skywalkers on display. Two, and the first of which hasn't even been released, yet. Vader, Boba Fett, and Stormtroopers in multiple scales, and a TIE fighter. A ****ing TIE fighter in "I don't even know what" scale. Maria Hill. They literally scrounge around in every nook and cranny of some of these licenses, while barely scratching the surface of others.

You couldn't let the Veronica/Hulkbuster whatever the hell it is go without resources for a few months in order to finish the Arkham Joker figure that has been in development for three years? You absolutely had to have Stromtroopers in both scales within months of one and other, rather than throwing '66 fans a bone in the form of a single villain? It is excessive, and I guess it just pisses me off how fickle they are. They don't give a **** about you any other time, but I guarantee we'll see multiple Batfleck figures, every member of the Suicide Squad under the sun, and so on, and so forth. They have "complications" with a '66 Batmobile, but a BvS Batmobile will probably be shipping in the fall of 2017.

In all honesty though I can't say I blame Hot Toys too much for this display. It was unlikely that we were going to see Batman V Superman figures this early and there's nothing else DC related that's really relevant at the moment. The best we could have hoped for was Catwoman and Penguin from Batman Returns. I agree that the 66 Batman re-release is lame and pretty much a waste. Marvel and Star Wars have so much to show off and they make the money so they get showcased the most.

Stuff like this makes me really excited for the HT stuff.

CJcEp3MUwAAmA4y.jpg

I agree this is a pretty lame figure, but it's still pretty early for SDCC isn't it? I'd like to think they have other releases to show that they haven't put out yet.

In all honesty though I can't say I blame Hot Toys too much for this display. It was unlikely that we were going to see Batman V Superman figures this early and there's nothing else DC related that's really relevant at the moment. The best we could have hoped for was Catwoman and Penguin from Batman Returns. I agree that the 66 Batman re-release is lame and pretty much a waste. Marvel and Star Wars have so much to show off and they make the money so they get showcased the most.

I can think of a lot of things they could make:
-Romero Joker
-Gorshin Riddler
-Meredith Penguin
-Newmar Catwoman
-Craig Batgirl
-Pfeiffer Catwoman
-Devito Penguin
-Arkham Joker
-any other Arkham figure that they haven't made
-Faora
-Ra's Al Ghul
-1/4 Joker
-Superman/Clark Kent 2.0 or 1/4 Superman
-Carter Wonder Woman
-Reeves Superman

The list goes on and on. The point is that they don't even bother to scratch the surface of some of these licenses, while scraping the bottom of the barrel with others, and it's utter non-sense. It's been two years since Iron Man 3 came out; that may as well be 8 in Marvel time; the only people who give a **** are the hardcore metal heads and the Chinese, pretty much.:lol Yet, they're still devoting resources to figures that appeared, in some instances, for a split second, on screen. Currently, there isn't a single villain for the '66 line, Arkham line, or the Returns line, but they've been meticulously crafting figures of items that haven't been seen outside of concept artbooks for Marvel. I'll be honest, I'm a hypocrite. I'm as fickle and conditional as they are. Last year, when they had Arkham Batman and Returns Batman and Marty and the Delorean on display, I was ecstatic. Same the year before when I saw how much they improved their 1/4 scale Batman and looked at the '66 Batman and Robin for the first time in front of the Batmobile, but this is just...insulting. I feel like the only reason we even see this much is so HT can remind people that they make DC products.:lol

That's a dream list though. My point is at the moment DC doesn't have anything new for Hot Toys to show off. As much as some of us want more 66 Batman and Batman Returns stuff those lines must not be selling the greatest or we'd likely see more. The new 66 Batman just seems like a lazy re-use so that doesn't really count. Faora isn't happening I'm pretty sure and we've gotten some Reeve Superman figures so aside from villains I don't see what else we'd get from those films. Trust me I'd like more stuff too but I'm in no way surprised we aren't seeing a lot.

Marvel gets showcased because they have a ton of stuff out there from various lines. They've put themselves on top and Hot Toys is riding the gravy train as long as they can. As for Star Wars it pretty much speaks for itself. Next year DC will likely get shown off more.

Back