What are the chances we might see Hot Toys Batman V Superman previews at SDCC?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With no Arkham and Returns stuff, i'm only interested in Leia and Fett from this year SDCC. I'm sad.

I'm extremely disappointed. First a rubbish E3 and now this. I guess they put all their effort in the Star Wars license...
Not even en Con Exclusive... not even a Drax figure...

I guess this is going to be a cheaper year than I thought. Only Ant-Man for me if the movie is any good.

With all of the BVS product shown now I'm surprised we didn't see anything from Hot Toys. Everyone else who has the license BUT THEM is showing their stuff at the show.

I'm not surprised I knew they would focus on marvel but that doesn't mean they didn't start working on the prototypes...

I had tempered expectations for DC from HT but this was just downright pathetic. Below are all the things HT has teased or hinted at or have at least been wished for by lots of collectors.

-Arkham Joker? Nearly 3 years since they teased that proto. Guessing this one is about dead.
-60's Batman villains? A shoddy rehash of West instead of any of the 60s villains.
-60s Batmobile? RIP
-Mob/Museum Joker? That license seems done.
-Returns villains? Guess we should just be thankful we got Returns Bats with sour faced Keaton/Wayne
-DX Begins Bat? License appears done. At least that means no more Ledger Jokers...
-Ras Al Ghul? Hahaha

I still think a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is coming at some point. When Howard was interviewed about it his comments seemed to indicate that it's been delayed but will still be happening. I think there's far less chance of a DeVito Penguin just because they would need to develop a new body for it.

I don't expect we will see these until February of next year. Unlike the rest of the licensees, HT does not need to capitalize on the marketing hype for the film. Their audience is built in.

It sucks, but it is the truth.

These will be shown probably this Fall at Asian events- I bet HT has the protos done or nearly so...

I still think a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman is coming at some point. When Howard was interviewed about it his comments seemed to indicate that it's been delayed but will still be happening. I think there's far less chance of a DeVito Penguin just because they would need to develop a new body for it.

She will come in 3-5 years. Look how long it took for Returns Bat.

Stuff like this makes me really excited for the HT stuff.

CJcEp3MUwAAmA4y.jpg
I would snatch WW and BATs in a flash!! These are supposed to be 1/6 scale and hoping the price range will be in the 40-60 dollar range. The wonder woman doesn't look too bad to me. And by the time HT gets a hold of this and releases their version it'll be in the $275.00 range. ARmored bats looks awesome. More pics please.

Superman looks horrible! Cavil is far more muscular than that for this film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im confused now. I went into Toyark and these figures have a postcard that says Multiverse Trade up ASST. So I don't know if these are actual 12 inches figures they are selling or just the 2-up of the smaller multiverse figures. They also had pics of 12 inch figures that are more horrible in detail. I don't understand that their 2- up models are more detailed and that detail will later be shrunk down and lost compared to the actual 12 inch figures.

I was disappointed to not see anything from HT for the film today. DC was pushing the hell out of the movie at their booth. Would have been cool to just see prototypes.

DC Direct, Mattel, Lego and Square Enix all had a decent amount of Batman v Superman products to show off. I'm impressed with how many armored Batman suits there are going to be.

I was excited for the eventual HT Batman and Armored Batman....but now I think I'm more excited for Desert Bats.

Back