Werewolf By Night | October 7th 2022 | Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toss my hat into the ring as someone who really enjoyed this and hopes we get a lot more specials like it. It was just the right level of old-school horror, camp, sincerity, and modernization that I hoped for. And I’m very glad most of the initial trailer fears posted here were way off the mark.

I hope we get more of Elsa, Jack, and Ted in the future. If not, this was still a quick and entertaining slice of Marvel’s horror corner.

Toss my hat into the ring as someone who really enjoyed this and hopes we get a lot more specials like it. It was just the right level of old-school horror, camp, sincerity, and modernization that I hoped for. And I’m very glad most of the initial trailer fears posted here were way off the mark.

I hope we get more of Elsa, Jack, and Ted in the future. If not, this was still a quick and entertaining slice of Marvel’s horror corner.

Yeah - not what I really wanted (in several respects), but I'm glad it was made, and also hope to see more of the main 3 characters (with a better Werewolf design!) :)

I enjoyed WWBN and hope to see more. I remember as a kid reading The Legion of Monsters so I hope we get to see at some point a Special featuring LoM!

1479166eb1822dedbe1d4d4b14fba1b9--horror-comics-marvel-comics.jpg

Funny trailer but... this is Disney. It can't be what you think its gonna be.
I thought it turned out to be exactly what I thought it was going to be. I'm relieved as hell the listing as "comedy" was pretty much in error and everyone worried for nothing on that front.
Designer by trade here. Yeah, this is cut and dry. Totally certain Disney outsourced it to a vendor who googled some wolf graphic images and thought they could trace it and tweak it enough that nobody would catch it. Whoops. Happened to my stuff once before too, but the bill always come due. The original artist can expect a payout, at the very least, which is nice.

I thought it was comically bad.
Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it wasn't very good. The fact that it had possibly the worst werewolf desing in the history of cinema didn't helpt.

Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it wasn't very good. The fact that it had possibly the worst werewolf desing in the history of cinema didn't helpt.
I agree. Every single aspect of this production was awful imo.

I really liked it, but I'll be very honest that I have a strong preference of werewolf designs.

I see where they're coming from. I understand what they're going for, as a combination of the vintage comics and old-school practical effects.
werewolf_0.jpg

werewolves-main.jpg

Werewolf-by-Night.jpg

And despite my enjoyment of it... we've come a LONG way with how we portray werewolves in films, including with practical effects, and the Marvel comics have also changed to reflect these interpretations.
werewolf-by-night-header-650x365.png

dog-soldiers-scream-factory-featured-1280x720.jpg

William-and-Marcus-Corvinus-Underworld-Evolution.jpg

You know, the movie "Van Helsing" disappointed me a lot, but I still think it might be my standard for how I see werewolves in big-budget films and shows.
7zg9.gif

Last edited:
I never warmed up to Werewolves. They look either ridiculous or like "badass" furries. They have no class, no style.

8dead317d15935b222da9417cf3ad365a3149855.gif

Wake me up when they make Tomb Of Drac- Nah, they'd ruin it. Better leave it alone or, going off some rumours, we'll get Denzel and Snipes as the Brothers Dracul opressing Ottomans in Medieval Wallachia...

. . . You know, the movie "Van Helsing" disappointed me a lot, but I still think it might be my standard for how I see werewolves in big-budget films and shows.
7zg9.gif

The only decent thing about the entire movie (along with Kate's rather tight costume :naughty )

The only decent thing about the entire movie (along with Kate's rather tight costume :naughty )

As a huge fan of Universal monsters, I'm still furious we don't have a proper gothic modern monster universe of films right now.

As a 1/6 collector, I'm also still waiting on a definitive 1/6 werewolf for my displays. Not satisfied with what's out there currently (plenty of good 1/12 recently though). I wouldn't put the WBN version on my wanted list, unfortunately, even if I'm overall satisfied with the one-off special.

As a kid can hellsing was pretty cool. It was a great idea but just wasn’t executed well sadly. I love the werewolf designs in that film and the Dracula bat

I've been wanting a Bloodborne film/series for a while. It has such a perfect gothic horror setting and art direction.
133366-games-review-bloodborne-review-image15-IWXB9DAFow.jpg

Though being a video game in origin I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment :thud:
There’s always the Netflix Castlevania… or Brotherhood of the Wolf.
Beast-of-Gevaudan-2.jpg

There’s always the Netflix Castlevania… or Brotherhood of the Wolf.
Beast-of-Gevaudan-2.jpg

Castlevania was pretty good. I didn't enjoy Brotherhood of the wolf. Other than some of the more obvious inspiration Bloodborne took from it the story spent waaaay too much time just hanging with french nobility. Other than that and some dated graphics its decent, but much better can be made now.

That's pretty shameless.
Whoever they hired, and whoever lazily approved it (doesn't even reflect the look of the werewolf in the show), they should requit themselves, and turn over their salaries to the real artist. Who Disney should then hire to replace them both.

Also while I enjoyed the special, and lead actors, and would love to see more expanded into Legion of Monsters/Midnight Children, agree with many here. the look (and use) of the Werewolf was lackluster and the whole production, story, design, all seemed lazily phoned in.

I hope going forward "special" doesn't mean anything we can throw together with minimum effort.

Last edited:
That's pretty shameless.
Whoever they hired, and whoever lazily approved it (doesn't even reflect the look of the werewolf in the show), they should requit themselves, and turn over their salaries to the real artist. Who Disney should then hire to replace them both.

Also while I enjoyed the special, and lead actors, and would love to see more expanded into Legion of Monsters/Midnight Children, agree with many here. the look (and use) of the Werewolf was lackluster and the whole production, story, design, all seemed lazily phoned in.

I hope going forward "special" doesn't mean anything we can throw together with minimum effort.
I’ve had my art plagiarized before. I definitely know a swipe when I see one. That artist is in trouble, but thousands of work gets approved every day without them checking the entire internet to see if their designers are acting in good faith. Probably is a talented artist, but tried to take a shortcut. Oops.

I loved the special but it fit the sort of campy low-budget aesthetic of old movies. Hearing rumors they want to give this approach to “Nova”, my favorite Marvel hero, one who will need Captain Marvel-level effects to really succeed, makes me worried.

FcV_M14aUAAnEr1.jpg

but thousands of work gets approved every day without them checking the entire internet to see if their designers are acting in good faith. Probably is a talented artist, but tried to take a shortcut. Oops.
Not suggesting whoever approved it should be penalized for not scouring the internet to see if it was plagiarized, they should have faith that the artist they hired is bringing in unique work, designed specifically for the show they are working on.
I'm suggesting they should be taken to task for approving a design (while well made), that doesn't even reflect the show they are representing. That's how you guarantee original work. The - Ok it's a wolf, looks *nothing like the show we are working on, but that's good enough - attitude, seems like the whole production top to bottom was just lazily phoned in.

*Before that one comic-book-guy feels the need to chime in (you know who you are) - but he does go more lupine in the comic. Yes, I know, I'm talking about the art reflecting the look of the show.

Last edited:
Back