Werewolf By Night | October 7th 2022 | Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this is great. I loved the Universal Horror films as a kid. They would play on ABC at midnight and we would eat them up! Remco monster figures and midnight black and white horror films!! Heaven!!

WTF did I just watch??? :dunno

:lol

Not really my thing, so I am no one to judge. But the Man Thing they snuck in there didn't look too promising.

It looks like Grindhouse for kids and not sure I wanted it in black and white but it looks better than I expected so it’s promising.

R.gif

hopefully, this will be great

6t0ty3.gif

Weird seeing a throwback b&w creature-feature horror x grindehouse style trailer, followed by the Disney logo.
On top of that ...a Cthulhu nightmare level Man-Thing!?
:wow:

This looks so outrageously bizarre! :lol
6sym24.gif

6sylo1.gif

Is he unscrewing that guys head?:lol

This best lead to a fun, hysterically over-the-top Werewolf, Morbius, Man-Thing, Satana, Ghost Rider, Legion of Monsters/Midnight Sons type, xover team-up.
6szult.jpg

6t0r4w.jpg

6t0r85.jpg

6szvz4.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a parody. Probably a lot of fun. I doubt it will be serious horror. I almost expected to see Elvira pop up in the scene.

It is getting hard to be excited for Marvel stuff now. Phase 4 has been flacid and the promise of more mature, adult targeted dark stories and horror have not been delivered on. Moon Knight was just the usual Marvel formula and too fantastical while Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness didn't know what it wanted to be. Both were relatively safe and tame in their execution and with Werewolf by Night looking campy and silly and Daredevil next appearing on the silly She Hulk show I think that the new Daredevil show will be a watered down, Marvel humour filled safe product full of fantastical elements and not grounded like the Netflix one. Blade will likely also be heavily watered down too.

I really do hope Marvel can at least do better in their mainline shows/movies. Secret Invasion looks promising at least. I truly hope that Armor Wars turns out great as I love Rhodey/War Machine.

In contrast to a classic line from Predator 2 - "It has not been a nice day!"

I had a HUGE statue from PRIME1 turn up earlier in the week (2 massive boxes) and spent 2hrs checking and assembling the wee beastie with my Son . . . PERFECT condition (one is happy
:cloud9:
).

Then THIS drops - confirming it's the "Jack Russell" incarnation, and my fave tower of swamp muck is in there too

My fave comics as I was growing up were monster/creature based - and Mike Ploog was the master of them all (Werewolf By Night, Man-Thing, Ghost Rider, Planet of the Apes . . . the list goes on).

I'm as happy as a pig in mud today - roll-on Oct 7th !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Trailer
    :arrow:

The trailer is done in an interesting style, and having Harriet Sansom Harris ("Bebe" from "Frasier") in it shouldn't hurt it at-all
:lol:

It's only a 1-hour "special" rather than a series - but it's a start !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hot:
:jam:

Yeah, massive fan of the Marvel 70's horror comics, hopefully this will be good! And if it succeeds we may get a Tomb Of Dracula adaptation with Pedro Pascal as Dracula, man I'd love to see if they could evoke Gene Colan's artwork on film.

Back