Werewolf By Night | October 7th 2022 | Disney+

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6t0ty3.gif

Weird seeing a throwback b&w creature-feature horror x grindehouse style trailer, followed by the Disney logo.
On top of that ...a Cthulhu nightmare level Man-Thing!?
:wow:

This looks so outrageously bizarre! :lol
6sym24.gif

6sylo1.gif

Is he unscrewing that guys head?:lol

This best lead to a fun, hysterically over-the-top Werewolf, Morbius, Man-Thing, Satana, Ghost Rider, Legion of Monsters/Midnight Sons type, xover team-up.
6szult.jpg

6t0r4w.jpg

6t0r85.jpg

6szvz4.jpg

Apparently Werewolf by night is appearing at Avengers Campus through Halloween.
6wb9jg.gif

Although subbed Satana for Elsa Bloodstone, hopefullyD+/Marvel can make this team-up happen
6szult.jpg

6wbb2x.jpg

6wbc5d.jpg

6wbcjw.jpg

6wbcsp.jpg

6wbe8t.jpg

Oscar seems to confirm he will play Moon Knight again.

x Midnight Sons Children: Blade, Moon Knight, et al.

Can they actually pull off, Gael García Bernal(Werewolf), Laura Donnelly(Elsa Bloodstone), Carey Jones(Man-Thing), Jared Leto(Morbius), Mahershala Ali(Blade), Elizabeth Olsen(Scarlet Witch), Oscar Isacc (Moon Knight), and (Ghost Rider) vs. Mephisto (Giancarlo Esposito), Into an all-out supernatural Team-up!?

Last edited:
Have to agree that Werewolf by Night was an incredibly sad attempt - tho at what I don't know 🤦‍♂️ phoney black and white "films" sicken me. Simply flicking "color off" and recording shows lack of any real effort. All the characters seemed to be designs stolen from some lame generic anime. Loved Man-thing (& who wouldnt, he looked amazing) but he was there mostly for bad comic relief, a practice borrowed from the awful Avenger movies now turned Disney/Marvel formula of the day (and only truly successful in the fantastic 'Guardians of the Galaxy' series).
The idea that these monster hunters, just praised for their work destroying so much evil, were now about to be awarded the Bloodstone AFTER slaughtering a monster AND each other??? Complete nonsense. Why not start killing each other in the waiting room?? You're clearly not friends and some what evil yourselves! Piss poor writing relying on its run time to excuse an utter lack of character development. The predictable fight scene and werewolf reveal were also damned AWFUL. I won't go into why because it's obvious for so many reasons but the transformation sequence was cheap and lazy. The Werewolf, for something designed/recreated in 2022, was a turd of a joke. Is there no Stan Winston studio or other artists who couldn't have come up with make-up far far superior to this mess?? Lon Chaney Jr's amazing Wolfman design (which WBN was a tribute to) stands as FAR SUPERIOR to something created almost 80 years later!!!! HELL, even Benicio Del Toro's version of the Wolfman was pretty damned awesome - with those and others to point the way, how could they create something so ****** they felt they needed black and white to try to cover it up??

What made me laugh was the Werewolf slaughtering these soldiers (with drop kicks & back spins) as a giant slab shuts YET no one thinks to escape through it?? They just stand around and get butchered? Then when its all over it's revealed there was a door on the side ANYONE could have used to simply walk out and get away (the same door WBN exits the scene through 😂) no magic locks, no secret traps, nothing at all.

A really sad waste that further kills my interest in anything Disney has its grubby hands on.

Have to agree that Werewolf by Night was an incredibly sad attempt - tho at what I don't know 🤦‍♂️ phoney black and white "films" sicken me. Simply flicking "color off" and recording shows lack of any real effort. All the characters seemed to be designs stolen from some lame generic anime. Loved Man-thing (& who wouldnt, he looked amazing) but he was there mostly for bad comic relief, a practice borrowed from the awful Avenger movies now turned Disney/Marvel formula of the day (and only truly successful in the fantastic 'Guardians of the Galaxy' series).
The idea that these monster hunters, just praised for their work destroying so much evil, were now about to be awarded the Bloodstone AFTER slaughtering a monster AND each other??? Complete nonsense. Why not start killing each other in the waiting room?? You're clearly not friends and some what evil yourselves! Piss poor writing relying on its run time to excuse an utter lack of character development. The predictable fight scene and werewolf reveal were also damned AWFUL. I won't go into why because it's obvious for so many reasons but the transformation sequence was cheap and lazy. The Werewolf, for something designed/recreated in 2022, was a turd of a joke. Is there no Stan Winston studio or other artists who couldn't have come up with make-up far far superior to this mess?? Lon Chaney Jr's amazing Wolfman design (which WBN was a tribute to) stands as FAR SUPERIOR to something created almost 80 years later!!!! HELL, even Benicio Del Toro's version of the Wolfman was pretty damned awesome - with those and others to point the way, how could they create something so ****** they felt they needed black and white to try to cover it up??

What made me laugh was the Werewolf slaughtering these soldiers (with drop kicks & back spins) as a giant slab shuts YET no one thinks to escape through it?? They just stand around and get butchered? Then when its all over it's revealed there was a door on the side ANYONE could have used to simply walk out and get away (the same door WBN exits the scene through 😂) no magic locks, no secret traps, nothing at all.

A really sad waste that further kills my interest in anything Disney has its grubby hands on.
/\THIS/\

Savage but true

LOL

Man thing looked cool. Is he going to be a funny groot type guy tho? Get tired of the big dumb giant with a heart of gold nonsense

Just watched episode 1. This is some corny, low budget show. I mean, animatronic Ulysses? It reminded me of the Haunted Mansion ride at Disneyland.

It was… a thing, certainly. The equivalent of a one-off issue by a no-name writer and artist that comes out as a tie-in to a sub-event. I was never a big monster fan though. As far as the supernatural/Halloween season goes, I like Sorcerers, Vampires and Gothic aesthetics. Beyond that, generic werewolves/universal monsters/etc, don’t do anything for me, so I was never the audience for this. But still, it was very “eh”. Needles to say, even if they make any dolls, I won’t be buying. Elsa was the only one I would’ve been interested in, but no red hair is a dealbreaker. I wouldn’t have been able to fit her in my plans anyhow.

Don’t have much down time to watch stuff anymore, but I always enjoyed reading my dads old WbN comics from the 70s and remember him in Ghost Rider in the 90s. This was entertaining as a one-off, but was kinda let down by the werewolf design.

Actor was fine, but is there some kind of rule against casting white guys in these roles appropriately anymore?

Watching it this weekend and honestly this thread is bringing me down. All the reviews (from the outside world) have been decent.

The most recent Thor movie was lame so I will remain optimitic.

All the reviews (from the outside world) have been decent.
This is a useful barometer. Sometimes the audience score is completely different than my own perspective, but based on the feedback here, a lot of complaints are around the show diverging from the comic, or not matching expectations about what the precise tone and approach should be. I never read the original comics from the '70s, and didn't go in expecting anything in particular, so I didn't have those kinds of barriers to overcome. As a result, I thought it was a joy, but your mileage may vary. There is a juxtaposition of a classic horror film, contemporary horror, and the action and light-hearted humor of many MCU movies that gets meshed together in a way that may not work for everyone.

I like the premise of the hunt and introducing characters, like Elsa Bloodstone, who are hunters. The way its told though, just didn't make sense. Its trying to be something it isnt

Watching it this weekend and honestly this thread is bringing me down. All the reviews (from the outside world) have been decent.

Don't let what people here say get you down. Some complain to complain, others are super critical. Go watch it and make your own mind up on it, don't let randos on the internet decide for you.

I mainly watched it for Man-Thing, but thought it was a fun campy little horror flick.

Now do a Living Mummy and Monster of Frankenstein!

Back